- Text Size +
Chapter 74

“But you have always said that you liked when woman wear your clothes. You said you found it sexy. And being that I felt so bad, it was comforting to be in your clothes.”

“First of all, not every piece of clothing that’s mine on a woman is sexy. Second of all, I really don’t need you getting your sick germs all over the clothes that I wear. I can’t afford to be getting sick, thank you.” Nick stormed into the room, quickly followed by Terri.

“Wait just a damn minute. You leave me when I need you and than I can’t wear your clothes.”

“Uh, hello, I have a job to do! It’s not like I can sit here and cater to your every need right now.” She tilted her head and than strolled over to him, running her hands up his stomach and his chest.

“You know, they say that sex can help get rid of colds.”

“Not happening tonight. It’s the middle of the tour. I’m not risking it. Now, excuse me, I’m nasty, I need a shower. You better be changed when I get out.”


Terri crossed her arms as she glared at the retreating back. How dare he tell her no! Fine, he wanted her out of his clothes, no problem. She took the jersey off and threw it at the closed door and than crawled into bed naked. He wanted to be an ass, that was more than fine. He can get the same kind of treatment too!

-----
I gathered up the kids and tucked my cell phone in my back pocket, walking over to Nick’s door and knocking. I just lifted a brow as Terri opened it, looked me over and rolled her eyes.

“Why Terri, you are looking much better.”

“Thank you.”

“I’m guessing that it was just like a 24 hour bug that you had or something. Otherwise, you really shouldn’t be out of bed.”

“You aren’t my mother, thank you.” With that, she strolled away, huffing. I rolled my eyes and stepped into the room, smiling as Nick walked out, both kids running over to him.

“Daddy!” Tamara launched herself into his arms and he swung her up.

“My God, they act like they haven’t seen him in days or something.” I turned, looked at Terri and frowned.

“They aren’t like you. They show emotion. They are excited to see him. There was a point where they saw him everyday!” I watched as Thomas got picked up in the other arm and really thought that twins suited him. “Let’s go shopping. Maybe daddy will be nice and buy you something new.” With that, I gathered up my stuff and took off, Nick chuckling once we made it downstairs.

“You really don’t like Terri, do you?”

“Are you serious Nick? You mean other than the fact that she seduced you? She’s just very annoying! And so, like, clingy.” Nick held open the door for me then he helped the kids in and jumped in the driver seat.

“I suppose she was that bad. I mean, at the time, I didn’t notice it. But I see it now. And as sad as it sounds, I’m very glad to be getting away from her.”

“I must say, I wasn’t sure you would even come to your senses.” I quickly bit my lip as he started the car and just turned to stare out the window. “I was thinking...”

“Uh oh, that’s never anything good.” I reached over and shoved him, smiling though. “Thinking about what?”

“Terri. Do you randomly buy gifts and just randomly give them?”

“No. It was usually some occasion.”

“That’s what I thought. So, I was thinking the next day you have off, which isn’t for three days that you might want to take her out to a nice dinner and then, present the amazing gifts.” Nick pulled up to the stop light and glanced over at me.

“So, you are thinking perhaps a romantic dinner? Some place fancy?”

“Something like that. I mean, we are so close. Do you wanna blow it? She has to be questioning things now. You aren’t constantly all over her and you aren’t constantly with her. If you treated her right than she’s more prone to wear everything and we could finally catch her!” He nodded his head as he took off again, finally making his way to the mall.

“I know what you are saying and I agree. The problem comes that I have to buy her something fancy and I actually hate that.” I just couldn’t stop the laugh that escaped my mouth as I looked at him. It honestly made me laugh, I mean, he had the cutest pout but hell, he was older and more mature than the twins, yet he still acted like them. So much for that man being an adult. “Why are you laughing?” he asked as he parked the car.

“Because the twins are going to be 6 in about a month and you are acting their age. Don’t get me wrong, the pout is very sexy, but it’s not very mature.” He turned his head in my direction and gave me that famous Carter grin than caught the back of my head and quickly pulled my lips to his. I pressed my hand against his chest, rather enjoying that brief kiss. He broke it and smirked at me before getting out of the car.

-----
I walked into the 5th store, starting to get annoyed with Nick. Sure, I wanted the whole date thing to look and feel real, but for crying out loud, we had been shopping for more than 3 hours and it was all over her. In fact, we still hadn’t gotten the things we really needed.

And personally, it was even more annoying to me to be shopping for the woman who stole my husband. And yes, I knew this was my idea, and yes, I had a feeling that I was slowly winning Nick back, but that all didn’t mean I had to enjoy this.

I walked over to a section, sorting through a few short, pretty, yet slightly slutty type dresses that I was more than positive would suit her. I picked out this one blue dress and held it up for him to see.

“Well? Sad to say, but I think that would fit her.” Nick walked over and took the dress from me, flipping it every which way and finally nodded.

“I think this would fit perfectly. And it’s on sale. About damn time that we found something.” He kissed my cheek and left the twins with me so he could go pay.

“Yes, it’s about time.” I took the twins’ hand and walked over to the kids section, glancing through some outfits. It was adorable when they were younger and I was able to dress them a like. With the same little overalls or a matching top and jeans. But Heaven forbid if I did that now. They were becoming their own two people. Actually, it was kinda cute because Thomas had a great voice and Tamara was really good at B-ball. How was it that my kids were nothing like me, yet they were all like Nick? Made no sense, than again, they had looked like Nick for quite a few years too.

“Hey mommy, you think daddy would buy me this cute dress?” I looked over at her and tilted my head.

“I don’t see why not? It’s cute and daddy loves you in anything cute.” She beamed at me and ran over to give me a hug just as Nick walked up.

“Daddy, daddy, you love me right?” He glanced at me with a raised brow than picked her up.

“I guess I do princess, why? What do you want?”

“I want this pretty dress. And mommy said it was cute too. And that you would probably buy it for me.”

“Hey, why does she get something and I don’t?”

“What do you want Thomas?” I planted my hands on my hips and looked at him. Nope, you couldn’t buy something for one twin and than leave the other one out. He grinned and lifted up a Bucs jersey. I started shaking my head.

“Thomas, you would hurt your mother by wearing that over Dallas?” Nick busted out laughing as he grabbed the jersey.

“What do you suspect hon? The little man has good taste.” With that, he turned around, stopping dead in his tracks as he looked at Julie who had her arms crossed, watching the whole scene.