- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
AND NOW....back to where I first left it off! So sorry guys! I won't let that happen again! So...sit back and enjoy!
Chapter 77

Terri stomped her foot as she slammed her phone shut, the talk with Julie upsetting her greatly. She knew that Nick was really out of her realm, so what the hell was keeping him here? With her? When he so badly wanted to be with his ex wife? Terri was not a fool, she saw the band that was on his hand again. Damn it! She knew she should have pawned it when she had the damn chance. She ground her teeth as she started pacing the room, her plans starting to unwind.

“Not yet! He can’t go. I refuse to let him go. I just have…got to speed up my plans.” She did a quick turn around and flew to her room, looking at the pills. “If Nick wants to leave, fine. But I will be damn sure that I am taking him for everything he has. He will be stuck with me for the rest of his life.” She read the instructions than grabbed the laptop, logging onto the net. “There has to be…drugs out there that would knock his ass out, right?” Terri tapped her chin as she thought it over, trying to come up with more ideas. She started her search on goggle, frowning as she was hitting nothing. But she also knew that such drugs existed, at least what she was searching for. She quickly grabbed her cell and called Julie back, really only able to trust her. She explained that she needed help and that Julie was the only person who had her back. She hung up, smiling when Julie said she would be right over. “Nick, you won’t be able to leave me in the wind like you can your exes. Or like you did with Resa. I’m not stupid.” She checked the time than sat her laptop down on the table, quickly changing and heading down to the hotel restaurant to grab a bite.

-----
Kevin looked at Brian as he moved back inside, his brow raised.

“Did you just hear that too?” Brian crossed his arms and nodded his head, slowly starting to smirk.

“Little miss pain in the ass is planning something with her very dear friend.”

“Think we should call Resa?” Brian chewed that over and shook his head.

“She has so much going on. But can’t we catch Terri in the act?”

“And how do you purpose that coz?” Brian’s smile grew as he ran into the bedroom where LeighAnne and Kristen were talking.

“Honey, do you know where I put that small recording device. The one that’s attached to my keychain?”

“You mean the one you use so you don’t lose things? Or forget things at the store?”

“Yeah, that one.” LeighAnne thought it over and than shrugged.

“I thought you left it at home on the counter sweetie. You brought it with you?”

“Yeah. I know I grabbed it, I just don’t remember what I did with it.” LeighAnne glanced at Kevin, than at Kristen and finally at her husband.

“Spill it Brian. What’s going on?” Brian stopped his search and looked at the two women.

“What do you mean?”

“Brian Thomas, you do not have the innocent face! I know that look!”

“Thank you Kristen, I know that look too. What’s going on dear husband?”

“We, might have overheard, a certain topic being discussed and we wanted to get it recorded so we had proof.”

“Kevin! That is the most undisruptive thing. Who? What the hell is going on?”

“Fine, fine! Terri, I believe, is using Fertility drugs?”

“Excuse me?!” Both women asked at the same time.

“I know, it’s hard to believe. But she was just on the phone with Julie talking about finding, like a sex drug or something so that her pills will work. If she can’t have Nick, than she will take him for everything he’s got.” LeighAnne stood up and started to pace.

“Than she knows Nick doesn’t want her anymore. And that’s not good to Resa’s plans. You guys know that. Maybe we should call Resa and let Nick go home so that he can do what he has to?” Kevin and Brian glanced at each other than shrugged.

“I’ll call her sweetie. You’re right. Resa is to close.” He pulled out his cell phone and quickly dialed her number.

“Hello?”

“Resa?”

“Oh, hey Brian. What’s up?”

“We got a problem with Terri.” I paused as I got into the car and frowned.

“What do you mean?”

“Kevin and I just over heard something about Terri taking some type of drug to keep Nick around. I think, I mean we think, Terri is aware that she’s losing Nick.” I glanced at Nick who only wrinkled his brow.

“Thanks Bri. Is anything else going on?” There was a moment of silence and I knew something else was up that he wasn’t spilling. “Brian?”

“I think she’s talking with Julie when Julie gets back.” I pinched my nose and nodded.

“Okay, I hate to ask this, but I need to know what is going on. Do you have some type of device that you can put in Terri’s room?”

“I do. How do you know I can get in?”

“Uh, I’m his ex wife! I’m well aware we had three room keys to a hotel. Nick had one, I had one, and I know you had one. Nick always gave you a copy! I’m not a total ditz man.” Brian chuckled at that.

“So where do I stick it?”

“Some place that’s not obvious. But someplace that can pick up pretty well too. By the TV, because that’s a central area. It’s just until we get back there, which should be roughly half an hour or so. Thanks Brian!”

“Welcome.” He shut his phone off and found his device, holding it up. “We get to spy!” LeighAnne beamed as she held up the key card. “I’ll be right back.” He kissed her cheek as he took the card, opened the door and double checked to make sure no one was around before slipping into the room. He looked around, frowning, not seeing many locations and figuring by the TV was the best option. He placed it there and made his way out the door, just barely closing it as Terri rounded the corner.

“Lost Brian?”

“Huh?” He spun around and looked at her.

“Lost. This isn’t your room.” He let out a breath and smiled, thanking God that she hadn’t seen him coming out.

“Um, yeah, I was so lost in thought that I wasn’t thinking. That would explain why my keycard didn’t work. Thanks.” He smiled and walked to his room, his legs a tad wobbly. Terri watched him, her eyes narrowed and quickly opened the door, looking around and seeing nothing out of place. Which was odd, because she knew Brian was in the room for she saw him come out.