- Text Size +
Chapter 78

“Terri?” Nick stepped out on the balcony, looking for her.

“Yeah?” He turned around and saw her sun tanning, mentally thinking she needed it.

“Hey sweetie.” He leaned down and gave her a soft kiss, sitting down on the edge of her chair.

“Oh, it’s sweetie now?”

“It’s always been. Why would you think other wise?”

“I talked to Julie.”

“And? You’re gonna believe everything she tells you?”

“When it’s about you and you’re little cozy family, than yes! I thought you loved me but you’re off pleasing HER!”

“Terri, HER is my ex wife, the mother of my children! I can’t just say screw you in front of the kids! Geez.” He stood up, running his hands through his hair. “You know, I came out here to make peace with you, to try and save our relationship, but I can’t if you’re going to listen to Julie over me every time!” He went inside the suite and counted till five before he heard her call his name. God, she was so predictable.

“Wait, NICK! Wait.” She sat her stuff down and followed him in. “Save our relationship? What are you talking about?”

“Sweetie, I know things have been rough lately. And I’m sorry for that. I don’t mean for it to be. So, I was hoping to take you out. A nice romantic dinner, maybe some slow dancing, and afterwards, some sweet loving.”

“You mean that?” Terri played with his shirt, looking up into his ocean blue eyes. Thank goodness she had never caught onto the fact that when he was lying, his eyes were changing.

“I do. I want things right between us sweetie.”

“I do too. I hate that Resa has come back into your life and tried to take you away.” Nick swallowed than leaned down and kissed her softly.

“She couldn’t.” He picked her up and swung her around.

-----
Both Kevin and Brian made a gagging noise as they listened in. Though, they both had to give Nick props on his amazing acting ability.

“You know, for being such a goof ball, he sure played that right.”

“I know! I’m impressed with my friend there!” Brian sat back and started cracking up.

“What’s going on?” Brian pulled LeighAnne down on his lap, kissing her softly.

“Mr Carter just told Terri how he wanted to take her out on this romantic date.”

“And she bought it?” Brian chuckled as he kissed the tip of her wrinkled nose.

“She better have bought it. I’m running a bet that she fesses up to everything that night,” I said, walking into their bedroom.

“You know Resa, this is private domain.”

“You have a point Littrell?” LeighAnne rolled her eyes and climbed off of her husbands lap.

“You two stop! What’s up Resa?”

“Nothing. Thought I’d come bug you all since Howie and AJ…” I paused and than quickly turned on my heel and went to Howie’s room, pounding on his door, Brian, Kevin, and LeighAnne quickly following.

“What’s up?”

“Something told me I needed to come here.” Howie opened the door, taking a step back as he stared at everyone.

“Uh, am I missing something?”

“What do you know?” Howie just lifted a brow as he turned to me.

“What are you talking about?”

“I was in there bugging Brian and everyone else when I got this strange feeling to come talk to you. So, I ask again, what do you know?” Kris popped up behind Howie, a shit eating grin on her face.

“My bestie!” I cocked my own eyebrow, looking at everyone.

“What’s going on guys?” Howie glanced behind Kevin, than ushered everyone into his room.

“So, I was looking around online for some stuff.”

“What, he knows how to surf the net too?” Howie rolled his eyes at Brian’s smart ass remark, thanking LeighAnne when she smacked him. “Anyways, I was looking at this virtual yearbook type thing. Pretty cool. Aught to try it.”

“HOWARD!” He smiled at me.

“Sorry. Moving on. Leigh was trying to figure out how Terri knew Julie…”

“You mean prior to that tour party that you guys do?”

“Yeah, prior to that.” I crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes a bit. There should have been no way Terri knew anyone from the guys. Nick had pretty much kept her a secret. And there was no way Julie knew Terri from the past; there was a five year age gap between them.

“Okay, how? There’s five years between Julie and Terri. Julie was born and raised in California and Terri hadn’t stepped one foot in that state until recently.”

“That would be what we all thought, because that would be what we were all told.” I turned around and looked at AJ. I didn’t need to see the confused faces of the other three people in that room, so I slowly turned to look at Leigh.

“I’m so sorry Theresa. I didn’t think about until this afternoon. Howie said something and than the thought just came to mind.”

“Don’t even worry. What were you thinking?”

“The connection between Julie and Terri. Terri isn’t 33, she’s 38. And though she may not have been raised in California, she certainly lived there, and she graduated high school from there. In fact, she graduated in a small high school, in a small town, that luckily enough, Julie went to.” I rocked back on my heels, slowly shaking my head.

“You’re kidding? You have to be.”

“Nope. Terri has lied to everyone in this group.”

“Except you.” Leigh shrugged but smiled.

“I guess being her friend had its benefits after all.”

“Leigh…I could kiss you!” I ran over and gave her a huge hug. “That means the board can’t just take Julie’s word anymore.”

“She’s our manager though.” I turned to Kevin and kinda shrugged.

“Yes and no. The board really kinda manages you all. She’s just been the one in more of the foreground. But after this, there’s no way.”

“You’re going to tell them?”

“Not yet. I need to be able to sink Terri for good before I can throw her friend down with her! I told them, don’t cross me.”

“You have a plan for Julie too?” I looked at Kris and slowly started to smirk.

“Maybe.”