- Text Size +
Chapter 79

“Nick and I are going to dinner. A romantic little place when we get to New York. I guess you can see the city and how gorgeous it is. He bought me this elegant evening dress. Plus this ruby studded broach!” I rolled my eyes at Kris who was sitting across from me. Why I thought it was a good idea to come down to breakfast this morning was really beyond me. Every female was here and Terri just had to sit with us and was currently telling Leigh about her big plans. Kinda sad that I knew what they were for I had helped him arrange the whole damn thing.

“When are you going Terri?” Kris asked, glancing down the table at her.

“Oh, in a few days, when they get a break in their touring. It’s the only day he has off.”

“Wow. You’re taking time away from his kids?” I kicked Kris under the table, not needing Terri to be ticked off yet. Not that the mention of the kids would do anything. And the fact that she was cold hearted enough to want to ruin a day with Nick and the kids…well, I wasn’t going there after all.

“Oh, I wasn’t aware he was doing anything with them.”

“He’s not Terri. I’m taking them out sight seeing with Leigh, Howie, James, Brian…the rest of the guys.”

“So, does that mean you aren’t working?”

“I’m with them, I’m always working, Terri, you know that!”

“Baylee is super excited to see the Statue,” Leighanne tossed out there, trying to make it smooth and I could have thanked her for playing along with it. “It was the big point when he knew we were going to New York.”

“As does Rena. Then again, I think Rena just wants to go wherever Baylee goes,” Kris said, smiling at Leighanne.

“Aww, are we talking a puppy love?” Leighanne giggled along with Kris over her comment. I watched as all the other women gush over that but Terri just rolled her eyes.

“What’s up with that Terri?”

“With what?”

“The rolling of the eyes. Don’t you think puppy love is cute?”

“Eh, not really. I prefer the real, adult, grown up version.” I couldn’t help but let my lips lift up in a smirk, knowing the truth, which was, what did SHE know about true grown up love? Wasn’t she the one playing games?

“Hey Terri, maybe you can solve something for me. Or at least help me?” Terri’s eyes shot to mine, her brows crinkled in confusion.

“Uh, I can try.” I pushed my half eaten plate away and looked very closely at her.

“Everyone here, within this group, has been tested for drugs, seeing how I needed it to figure out who they belonged to.”

“I thought you said it was AJ’s?”

“Oh hell no.” I put my hand on Kris’s arm and shook my head. I could feel the anger on Kris over that little statement, and she would have the time to go after Terri, but right now, I needed to play this game, I needed to see just what Terri would do and say. And having her bolt away because she was scared just wouldn’t help the game at all.

“I never said anything of that nature Terri. I don’t lay the blame at people’s feet unless I can prove my findings.”

“I thought the drugs being there, in his room, was proof enough.” Ah, just a little more rope to hang yourself with Terri, you are doing so good!

“How funny! I never said any of that out loud. How is that you know so much about it?’ Terri blanched a little and then shrugged.

“Nick has a big mouth. Even more so when you have him in the heat of passion.” Crap, she really knew how to hit bellow the belt and make it count. None the less, I stood up and walked around to her side of the table.

“How very strange. I never told Nick about all of that. Anyway, that’s not what I need help with. You see, there seems to be someone with your exact voice, the high pitch and squeal, that seems to be using the arenas as a purchasing zone. I know it’s not you because I won’t even begin to tell you what you could end up losing if it was. But, do you have any idea who could be walking around, sounding like you?” I rather enjoyed the mixed look of shock and terror that seemed to come upon her face. Slowly, she shook her head, squeaked out a quiet ‘excuse me’ and left the table. “Oh man, she skipped out on her bill. Guess I’m stuck paying.” Leighanne shook her head, many moments later as she recovered from her laughing attack.

“For that show and performance, I’ve got this.” She reached for the check and I started smiling.

-----
“I hate her Julie!”

“Stop Terri. I can’t just fire her because you want her gone.”

“You don’t understand; my chances with Nick got better. He doesn’t want Resa.”

“What? What about the store?”

“It was nothing! That dress that Nick got was for me. He is taking me out when we get to New York. A romantic place.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes! And I will not let her ruin my chances. So, find a way to get her out of the picture, please? If our friendship has meant anything all these years, help me?”

“Okay, okay, I gotta work on this, but don’t pressure me. You know how I can’t stand it.”

“Yes, fine, thank you.” With that, Terri snapped her phone shut; an evil smile on her lips, her thoughts spinning. With the help of Julie, she might be able to win after and with that thought, finally entered the hotel room, about to close the door when it stopped. She quickly turned around and saw Nick standing there.