- Text Size +
Chapter 82

Terri watched the retreating back and then looked at Nick, her gaze finally landing somewhere and nearly flipped.

“What the hell has him up?”

“What?” Terri stepped closer and made it a point of glancing down at his awaken package. “It’s nothing.”

“Bull shit it’s nothing. Is that over Resa?”

“No.”

“Yes it is Nick. Are you playing me now? Is that it?”

“Terri, give it a rest, I’m not. What would I have to gain by playing you? Why would I do it? If I wanted Resa, don’t you think I would have dumped you along time ago to get back with her?” Nick asked, crossing his arms, his brows lifted, silently daring her to challenge him. Finally, she saw the truth in his words and rested her hands on his hips.

“I’m sorry Nick. I shouldn’t be thinking about things like that. You’re right. You wouldn’t have cheated on her if you still loved her. Or even wanted her.” She stood up on her toes to give him a kiss, hoping he would deepen it. And deep within himself, he knew he should, that he had to show her. So, he mustered up what he could and kissed her back, having to actually play in his mind past scenes of him with his wife, for Terri alone just couldn’t make him excited at all.

-----
I pulled my robe on as I heard the second knock and walked over to the door, opening it, surprised to find Leigh there.

“Hey.”

“Hi. What’s up?”

“Nothing, can I come in?”

“Of course.” I stepped aside, holding the door open wider for her. She smiled and walked in, a bag in her left hand. She sat down on the couch, the bag at her feet and patted the spot next to her.

“I just got off the phone with Terri.”

“Dare I say, lucky for you?” She chuckled a bit, rubbing her legs.

“She’s going tonight?”

“To the show?” I leaned back against the couch, crossing my legs as Leigh nodded. “Yay.”

“I thought I should tell you.”

“You know what Leigh, it doesn’t matter much anymore. I just need this last little bit of rope to hang her with and we’ll be good.”

“I know.” She leaned over and pulled something out of the bag, laying it between us. “I thought, you’re around my size now, I think you could fit into this.” I lifted up the black leather skirt, slowly nodding.

“And why should I wear it?”

“Cause Nick won’t be able to keep his eyes off you. See, Terri thinks that Nick’s feelings for you are changing, of course. If she’s able to see that Nick is watching you, staring at you, wanting you, she might become more desperate in her attempts to snag him. To do something even more foolish.” I lifted my eyes from the skirt to her and grinned.

“I’ll be damned Leigh, you do have a devious bone in your body.”

I finished curling my hair then slipped on the heels and the belt, grabbing a hand for each kid then made my way out the door, feeling more exposed then I had a long time. Yes, Leigh was around my size, but she wasn’t around my height. So, a good size skirt on her, was more like a shorter skirt on me. But, I took a deep breath and made my way off the elevator to the group, each guy turning at the sound of approaching heels. I smiled at them, having to chuckle as jaws dropped and the women all laughed.

“Excuse me Resa, do you mind not making my husband’s jaw drop.”

“Sorry LeighAnne. I was loaned an outfit and told I had to wear it. Shall we?” I raised a brow, laughing all over again as everyone just nodded. But before I could walk, Nick grabbed my arm, his eyes trailing over my legs.

“Who loaned you the outfit?”

“Does it matter?”

“Yes, so I knew who I’m killing. How the hell am I to perform when I just want to sit here and stare at you?” I felt the blush creep up on my cheeks and lifted a shoulder.

“Leigh leant it to me. Said she thought I would look good.”

“Good,” he silently growled in my ear, “is a huge understatement. Let’s go.” He lifted up Thomas and took my hand, leading me out to the waiting van. I got in last, and smiled at Terri from the front seat then turned back around, almost giddy with the anger I saw in her blue eyes.

I walked around backstage, quietly looking over things, not quiet paying attention to the person who had walked up behind me.

“Keep swaying.” I jumped, clutched my heart and spun around, smacking Nick on the arm.

“What the hell! You know better then to walk up behind me like that. Geez Nickolas!”

“I’m sorry. You were lost in thought and I just couldn’t avoid it.” I looked up at him, was about to say something and then stopped, seeing his eyes a deeper blue. I licked my lips and took a stop back, which he followed. “Going somewhere?”

“Uh…no, should I be?”

“You’re the one stepping away?”

“That’s cause, I uh, gotta check up on things. You know, do my job. Like you’re supposed to be doing in a few minutes.”

“Don’t worry none. I’ll be on stage. But I have a problem.” I backed up against the wall and felt Nick press up against me, my eyes opening wider.

“Nick!” I hissed under my breath. Okay, yes, I wanted to affect him, but I didn’t want him to do anything backstage. Especially with his so called girlfriend hanging around.

“Yes?”

“Not here.”

“Why? You used to like it backstage. And you should have known that that outfit was going to set me on fire.” And before I could even utter another protest, his lips captured mine, his hand sliding down my side, over my butt and then over my thigh, lifting my leg up to rub against his while is hand drifted back to my butt. I groaned against his lips, my hand fisting in shirt as I met his aggression with some of my own. God, did I hate when he was right. His tongue snaked out, running over my lips and I groaned again, quickly flicking my own out over his.

She watched him for a moment, her eyes narrowing as her lips snarling. She hadn’t wanted to believe it, hadn’t wanted to think about it. But that was proof enough. She was not going to let it happen this way. Nick was just being plain foolish. If he wanted Resa, it was by time alone that he would lose interest. He did it before, he would do it again. She opened her cell phone, calling her dear friend as she turned around, saying she needed the pills and needed them right away.