- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I just want to give you all a big thank you for staying with me on this story....
Chapter 84

Terri rested her elbows on the table, her head on her folded hands, her gaze lingering out over the city, in total awe by how beautiful New York City looked by night.

“You have outdone yourself this time baby.” Nick looked out as well but turned his gaze to her as she spoke.

“Why do you say that?” She took a deep breath and turned to him.

“The other night, at the show, I may have caught you making out, with Resa.” Nick just lifted a brow.

“Why would you say that?”

“Cause its true. I thought you didn’t want me anymore.” She choked back a little sob and Nick had to smile, seeing that she was putting on an act as well.

“Terri, had I told you that?”

“No. At least not in so many words. But things have been so rough and rocky with us lately. Honestly baby, I don’t know where we stand. Or, that was, until you brought me up here. It’s such a beautiful spot. How did you ever find it?” Nick rested his arms on the table, knowing that he couldn’t tell her the truth, that the owner of the place was friends with his ex wife.

“By chance. There were some fans at a meet n greet one of the times we were here. They said we had to try this new place; it was a restaurant on top of one of the skyscrapers. But it’s only open at night, because it’s based upon romance. Well, that was a huge turn off for the guys and me, but we just kept hearing about it that we said fine, we’ll try it. Every time we come to New York, we always do a private party and book it for an early evening meal. They don’t open up till around the time the sun sets, so to eat that early, you have to book a party.” She smiled at him then rested her hands on the table.

“Did you ever bring Theresa here?”

“As a date, because being our bodyguard, she would have had to have come.”

“Yes Nick, as a date?” Nick looked into her eyes, crossed his feet under the table and reached for her hand.

“You, my dear sweetheart, are the only woman I have ever brought up here as a date. So, no, Theresa never came with me like that.” Terri smiled even bigger.

“So, this our special place?”

“Yeah, I guess it is.” Nick leaned over the table, as did she, and kissed her softly, biting back the gag he felt coming up. He pulled away, smiling slightly at her then got up, holding his hand out to her and lead her to the small dance floor, wrapping his arms around her waist, his head resting on hers as she laid it on his shoulder.

How odd that he never realized how tall she was in her heels. He glanced down, noticing how high they actually were and almost cracked up. Terri did not wear those types of heels, so she really was trying to pull out all the punches.

He kissed the top of her head, a strong emotion of almost pity hitting him, which almost made him topple over. He knew he shouldn’t feel that, which it was almost stupid to feel it, but he could see that she was so desperate; for love, for someone by her side, for someone to spoil her, for tons of other things. And it wasn’t his fault, but he still couldn’t help the feeling. And he knew what he was doing, and he wouldn’t blame anyone but her for what was going to happen, but it still was there, no matter what he thought up of to justify it. She finally lifted her head and smiled at him.

“Excuse me Nick, I gotta run to the ladies room.” He stepped back and let her grab her purse. He pulled out the package of pills from his pocket, looked at them and then grabbed his water, downing all three of them and silently prayed that they did the trick.



Terri looked at herself in the mirror, pulling out her lip gloss and touched it up some. Her cheeks were a little more flushed then she wanted but that was more nerves and excitement but she still grabbed her powder and tried to tone it down some.

“He loves you, Terri.” She wiped the corners of her mouth then reached for the pill bottle, taking one, her heart hammering even more. “He loves you.”

“He sure does, don’t doubt that.” Terri looked in the mirror at the older woman who stepped in and beamed at her. “You’re beautiful; don’t let him tell you otherwise.”

“Thank you ma’am.” Terri smiled at her, grabbed her purse and headed back out to the table, smiling at Nick as he just sat there. She took a moment to look him over, than froze as she saw the box sitting on the table. ‘Oh Lord, please don’t let him leave me. I love him too much. Please don’t let that be a parting gift,’ she silently prayed. She touched her quivering stomach than walked over to the table, softly clearing her throat. Nick jumped up, smiling and pulled out her chair.

“Did you enjoy this babe?” Terri pushed the hair out of her eyes, beaming at him.

“Very much so. Please don’t tell me this wonderful evening is coming to an end?”

“Not on your life.” Nick chuckled and opened the box for her and Terri’s eyes went wide.

“Nick! Is that for me?”

“Who else would I buy it for? You’re the one I want to be with. And though I won’t buy a ring, I want you to know I do love you, and do want to be with you.” Terri sat staring at the jewelry, not even catching how he seemed to have choked up on the words.

“Oh Nick!” She wiped her eyes than giggled as he took the necklace off and put it on her, turning her head for a kiss.

-----
They made their way into the room, their hands roaming all over each other as the passion seemed to flare up between them. And as they tumbled onto the bed, their clothes flying, three people silently prayed at the drugs that were taking that night would help their own cause.