- Text Size +
Chapter 85

I sat on the couch, helping both Tamara and Thomas look through the pictures we took yesterday and save the ones we really wanted to our album. They giggled over a couple of the ones where Thomas was with Brian and they were both making goofy faces.

“What are you two doing?”

“Looking at our pictures daddy. Wanna see?” He plopped next to the Thomas and wrapped his arms around the kids, having already seen some of the pictures, and feeling tons of waves of sadness. He had wanted to be there, to see those things with his family, but he had a job to do and he knew it, as did Resa.

“It looks like you all had fun.”

“We did daddy. Mommy and Brian we’re joking around all the time, it was great!” Nick glanced at the kids, smiling. Sometimes, it felt like Brian was more of a dad to them, than he was. Granted, that was no ones fault but his own, and he knew that.

“Thanks Thomas. Did everything go okay last night?” Nick blushed a little, not wanting to think about it. But, if truth was coming out, than he would have to say he played a damn good and convincing role last night.

“As good as can be expected sweetie.”

“Did she take the bait, Nick?”

“Oh, that. Of course she did. It was priceless.”

“And you took the pills like you needed?”

“Yes, I did. Exactly when you said to. Are you sure they’re going to work?”

“I trust my doctor. He’s the one who helped me with my depression. He said it would kill the little soldiers for that one time. And even if not all of them died, you wouldn’t have much chance with just a few getting out.”

“But it’s possible.”

“Anything is possible hon. But it’s like a one in billion shot.” Nick nodded and leaned his head back on the couch, Thomas resting his head on his arm.

“Daddy, can we play a video game?”

“And I’m leaving the room you three.”

“Oh mommy, you gotta play with us too!”

“Tamara!” I glanced at the kids then and Nick and huffed. “Fine, I’ll play.”

-- -- --
Kris thumbed through the book she was reading, not paying attention to who was around her. She mumbled to herself, her head snapping up as she bumped into someone, not quite expecting that at all.

“Oh, I’m so…” the apology died on her lips as she saw Terri standing here before her. “It’s you,” she got out, a look of disgust upon her face. She was both happy and pissed that she ran into Terri. Granted, she wanted to avoid the woman, but who wouldn’t want to punch the living day lights out of Terri at this point in time?

“Well, aren’t you going to say sorry? After all, you were the one who wasn’t paying attention.”

“Excuse me? You could have avoided me. The hallway is big enough for both of us, you know?” Terri snickered at Kris; like that idea was down right stupid.

“Is that what you think Kris?” Kris bit her lip, wanting to avoid this woman like the plague. Kris watched Terri, the longing to hit her becoming stronger and stronger. But, Kris did want to be the bigger woman, the better woman, she wanted to show her friends she could run into Terri, literally, and not lay a hand on her.

“What I think seems not to matter to you, Terri. In fact, you don’t care what anyone thinks or what they have to say.” Kris stared at Terri as Terri walked around her, Terri’s hands clenching, her nails digging into her skin.

“That’s not true, Kristal. I listen to those who matter. You just don’t matter. No one in your little click does.” Kris spun around and glared at Terri, that anger seeming to come up like a volcano.

“You do mean that! You don’t even listen to Nick and that’s the man you claim to love!”

“I do love him. At least I’m dating a man who’s clean and sober, not someone who can’t stay away from drugs if his life depended upon it!”

“Why you little shit! I know my man, and I trust him. If he said he didn’t do it, he didn’t. But, it wouldn’t surprise me if someone planted all that crap so they could save their worthless ass.”

“Oh yes, believe lies rather than the truth. You set such a good example for your kids, don’t you? I’m surprised DES or someone hasn’t taken them away, seeing how you’re such a horrible parent. Believing lies, jumping from bed to bed…” Before Terri could say anymore, Kris lunged at her, quickly shoving her to the ground.

“Take…it…back,” Kris yelled as she slapped her.

“No way! OW!” Terri covered her face as the slaps became full blown punches. “Stop it!” But Kris had finally had enough, and had no intention of letting up, yet.

“Not until you take it back!” Terri finally managed to get the strength and roll them over, starting to return the slaps. “Get off…of me…you stupid, fat cow.” Kris screamed and managed to shove Terri away, her anger boiling over.

“Don’t start again, Kris.” Terri dabbed at her lip, pulling it back to see the blood there. They both heard the door open and saw AJ standing there, holding onto Kris’s little girl. Kris turned back to Terri, her lip curling up as she saw the satisfactory look upon Terri’s face. Kris mentally shook her head, ‘Oh yes Terri, think you have me? Think you got something over my head? THINK AGAIN,’ Kris thought, slowly smirking.

“You, Terri, are the biggest fool. And certainly the joke is on you. You aim to want it all, and are going to be left with nothing.” Kris got up and stood over Terri. “He doesn’t want you anymore. You’ve become a joke amongst my click.” Kris walked away; happy she got the last dig in, even happier to watch the color drain from the little hoes face.