- Text Size +
Chapter 87

“How is it that you can look so professional and yet still be sexy?” I looked at Nick in the mirror, pulling my hair out from my jacket, mentally shaking my head at him. I turned around; making sure the holster was covered but easy enough to get to. I then grabbed the walkie talkie and slipped it on the waist band of my skirt, not yet responding to that comment.

“I’m not sure. It’s me being proper. I think you’re the only one who finds it sexy, though. But then again, if there’s one member of the group that I question has a sane mind, it’s you.” I turned to look at him, giving him a brief grin before slipping my feet into my heels.

“No, I don’t think so.” I turned back to the dresser and grabbed the little disc that had all the very important information on it that I would need to go after Julie. “Theresa, we need to talk.”

“So, talk Nick. What’s on your mind?” He ran his hands through his hair and shook his head. This made me pause for a moment, once more reading the language and knowing whatever was bothering him, was big indeed.

“I can’t…I mean it’s important and rather intense. Do you think you may be free later?” I crinkled my brow as I looked at Nick, wondering all the more about what could be up.

“Is everything okay?”

“I don’t know…” Nick trailed off as AJ knocked and then opened the door, peeking his head into the room.

“Sorry to barge in, but if you’re ready…”

“I am. I’m sorry Nick, we can talk later.” I kissed his cheek, frowning slightly, than walked past AJ, giving him a smile.

“Be careful.” I waved at the two men who said that at the same time. AJ finally looked at Nick as the door closed, only hearing a part of that, but grinning at the silly little look that Nick seemed to have.

“Man, what’s your problem?” Nick slowly turned his head to AJ and grinned.

“I want my wife back and for good. But I need some help.”

-----
I stood outside the door, wondering if barging into a meeting that was taking place was the best approach. But then again, everyone was going to be here and could here everything once. Not like I personally felt I wanted to repeat anything at all. It was bad enough I had to go through this twice, once with her and then having to talk to Terri as well. Neither one of these meetings would go over lightly.

I finally took a deep breath, clearing my head a little, than opened the door. I looked around the Boys’ management team and my gaze finally landed on Julie. She stopped her talking and looked up at the intrusion, the anger and displeasure clearly written on her face.

“Well hello Theresa. To what do we owe this pleasure?” she asked, leaning back in her seat, her eyes roaming over the few other members of my security team as her fingers rolled the pen she was holding around.

“Since you asked so very nicely,” I started, walking around the room and pausing by the CD player in the corner, “you can listen.”

“Listen Theresa? Really? We don’t have the time for this. We were in the middle of a very important meeting. But you are welcome to stay, since we were getting to the part about your job. We have been looking at other security teams, ones that can seem to do a better job than you have.”

“Oh, I have no doubt about that Julie, since I know you care so much about me. But, amazingly enough, I’m not worried about my job though. Not like you. See, you should be really worried about yours.” I popped the cd in and had hit the pause button, turning to watch her face. Her eyes darted back and forth from me to the cd player, my words starting the tingle of fear they were supposed to.

“What are you talking about? I’m their manager; you can’t just fire a manager and get someone else in without just cause.” I took the controller with me as I walked over to her, liking the fear I saw in her eyes.

“You see Julie, you have a big mouth. And when you drink, you brag. A lot!” I sat down on the table, right next to her chair and crossed my legs, hitting play and then resting my arms on my legs, smirking at her the whole time, almost laughing as her voice filled the entire room, starting first with her talking to Terri and then moving in to later that night when she was drinking with Terri and rambled on about everything she had done.

She glared at me, her hands clenching and unclenching, her nostrils actually flaring as well. I watched as she gritted her teeth and finally stood up, her eyes flashing.

“You bitch. How did you get that?”

“I have my ways.”

“Terri would never turn on me! So, how did you get it?” I hopped off the table and then leaned over and whispered in her ear.

“I recorded the whole thing. I’m not dumb and you should never have doubted my skill as a security detail. I’ve been doing this job a whole lot longer than you have done yours! Think about all that Nick bought you’re so called best friend.” I pulled back and watched as the color drained from her face. “You, Julie, are fired.”

“You don’t have the power. None of your little team does.”

“You’re right Julie, she doesn’t, but we do,” Brian said, as he walked in, along with the four other boys and the CEO of the management company. “We have heard every little thing as well, and not only are you fired…”

“You’re under arrest. And that is in my power, go figure.” I finished crossing my arms, smiling at the look of horror on her face.