- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It is with a heavy heart that I post this. I really hope you all have enjoyed it! It was a pleasure to write and to hear all the reviews...many times over. Thank you for reading it! Hopefully you'll read the others!
Chapter 89

Two weeks had flown by and the tour had grown quiet. Well, minus the kids who seemed to have gotten louder with no bitchiness to stop them. Nick leaned back on the couch as he watched the three kids who seemed to be way into the game they were currently playing. Though, as he watched them, he couldn’t help but smile, really starting to think about how he was on the verge of missing so much. But, at least things changed, in ways he never once imagined. Sure, when this tour first started, he could have sworn that his love for Terri was strong and that he would never want his ex wife again. That he was very much done with that part of his life.

But, then she walked in, in a skirt that he could have sworn she would never wear again, looking so very beautiful. And he had seen the reaction from the other guys, and another unknown feeling came up; jealously. And he had never once felt anything like that with Terri; which, if he was smart, that should have been his very first clue. No one ever claimed Nick Carter was the smartest one of the bunch though.

He also knew that he belonged with his kids. He had distanced himself over the months because he didn’t want them to see his pain, but yet gain, that was stupid. He should have known better, he did actually. His whole family often told him that his wife and kids always made him happy. That’s a huge part of why they didn’t like Terri, because he always seemed to be in an angry mood with her. Well, that and she had managed to keep him from his family. Not that he was overly close with his family, but he was with certain siblings. Yet all managed to tell him he was stupid and so on.

“You okay man?” Nick looked up at Brian and nodded.

“I am. I’m just thinking.” Brian was about to crack the common joke but he saw the look on Nick’s face and rested his hand on Nick’s shoulder.

“Talk to me man. What’s on your mind?”

“My family, Bri. I could have screwed it all up. Thank God I didn’t. Thank God for you and LeighAnne opening my eyes. You really helped me.”

“We helped friends. We saw how much you loved each other man. We couldn’t just let that be destroyed. Let that go to waste. Things happened, sure. And I know you regret them man. But you also know that you can’t live in the past either. Terri is out of your life. Your kids always want to be with you. And you have a wife…” Brian paused as he took in Nick’s features. He was going to talk about a wife who was around too, but he could tell, simply by the look on Nick’s face, that Nick just didn’t want her around. “What are you thinking Nick?”

“Tomorrow night is our last tour night.”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Think we could change up the songs just one more time. You see, I have a surprise for Resa, but I need her on stage, and I need her favorite song to be playing.” Brian grinned and slapped Nick on the back.

“Anything you want Nick. You are Nick Carter!”

-----
I swirled the dress around me, thinking that today had been over the top. I was at the spa with the girls, got my hair done, and my nails, all which was a treat from Nick. Then I came to the hotel room to find this dress laid out along with the shoes and jewelry, which were all compliments of two little munchkins who couldn’t stop giggling.

“Okay you two. I give, where are we going?”

“We can’t tell you mommy. Just trust us.” I shook my head, the blindfold covering my eyes and held onto their hands as they lead me out of the hotel room. I thought for sure we were at least getting in some type of car, but it didn’t. And I could have sworn there were other people around us, but I couldn’t quite say if that was true.

“Who put you up to this?”

“Mom, you’re gonna ruin the surprise. Can’t you stop asking questions?” I bit my lip, not wanting to annoy these two anymore. They were up to something, and I knew Nick was behind it. I just couldn’t figure out why he was behind it. But, I did feel spoiled and I did feel like a princess.

I paused as I heard screams and knew we were outside the arena, but still had no clue why were even here. I certainly wasn’t working, nope, Nick took care of that too.

“I got you mom.”

“Thanks Thomas.” He carefully placed his hand on my back and led me through backstage. “Can I please take the blindfold off now?”

“Yes, you may mom.” I took it off and then glanced at Tamara, giving her a grin then looked up, almost shocked to be standing right on the side of the stage.

“Hold on, hold on guys. Hey fans, would you want to share in something romantic? Something sweet?” Nick laughed as the crowd went nuts. “Good. As you know, my love life hasn’t been…the best. And some of you know my ex wife, Resa. Strong woman, covers our behinds a lot. So, you owe her a huge thanks!” The guys all grinned as the crowd screamed again. “Awesome. Now, if you don’t mind, I have two little kids who will bring their mother on stage…” I gasped and started shaking my head as each kid grabbed a hand and almost dragged me out there, right to Nick’s side. “Isn’t she gorgeous?” The crowd cheered again. “How do you feel Resa?”

“Like a princess, Nick.” I could feel my cheeks burn as the crowd just seemed to get louder.

“Good. That was the deal. Mind if we sing a song guys? It’s for a special lady.” The other four remaining guys sat down on the stools while Nick took my hand, my heart melting as he started singing ‘Back To Your Heart’. I just stared at him, my bottom lip trembling and constantly wiping the tears away. And as he kept singing, I blocked out the crowd, hoping that my eyes revealed all the love I had for him. He kissed me hand, then dropped down to one knee and opened a box. “I’ve been stupid Resa. I love you more than I ever have. You captured my heart and you never gave it up. And tonight, in front of all the fans, the friends, I’m asking you to forgive me and give me another shot?” I felt my breath catch and me knees almost give out but somehow I managed to nod.

He whooped and placed the ring on my finger, the crowd screaming louder then it ever had been in the past. He wrapped his arms around me, drew me up against him and let his lips brush mine twice before capturing them; all his love and passion behind it.

And after moments, the screaming, the cheering and the “aheming” of the guys finally broke our little moment up. He held me close, his whispered words tickling my ear. “I love you. I promise, I won’t do you wrong again.”

“You can’t Nick. I won’t let you again. After all, what’s mine, stays mine.”
Chapter End Notes:
Again...THANK YOU!