- Text Size +
Tori bit her lip as she parked, what was she doing here? The thing was she just couldn't let it go, she needed the explanation. He had been so sweet and nice with her... Besides she did have a bad temper at times.

After the last worker left the shop, she climbed out if her car and made it to the glass door. She spotted Alex looking at a few papers, she knocked on the glass bringing Alex's attention. "Hi," she nanaged to say as Alex opened the door.

"Hey," he sighed in relief. "I'm glad you came... I was already thinking of a way to get you lusten to me."

"I feel like I do need to hear the explanation after all." Tori said nervously as she walked into the office.

"I really am sorry. I was looking forward to that dinner... But ab emergency came up. Tori I think I owe you an explanation, see I have a responsibility that I can't put away. I think it's best I tell you now..." Alex was nervous now he had never really talked about this befote. He hadn't felt the necessity to tell anyone about his personal life till now. "I used to be married and I have a son... Who I love and care for..." He paused waiting for her reaction.

Tori smiled bitterly, "let me guess you decided just now that maybe its best to go bacj to the ex-wife and try to work things out? Well best if luck to you..." She walked toward the door only to feel his grip on her.

"My wife died giving birth to our son... my mother and sister in law have been helping raise him. Jason has been my life these past six years and that night I got a call that no parent ever wants get. He got hurt and was in the hospital I had to go. I meant to call you but things got hectic." Slowly he let go of her hand. "I know it waa wrong of me to have not mentioned this...I'm just a little rusty in the whole dating department. But I'd understand if you can't accept me like this."

Tori was still frozen in place but finally managed to whisper, "I'm sorry." The truth was Alex had gone wrong about this whole situation but now here he was opening up to her. "Is he okay?"

With a chuckle he nodded, "yes he's learned his lesson too. Humans can't fly."

Tori chuckled, "would you like to come over for dinner tonight? I might only make sandwiches but they will be tasty."

"I can't Jason is asleep in there. I don't want to wake him up but how about a raincheck?"

"Oh, he's here with you?" She looked toward the office where she knew Alex slept in.

"Yeah, come on I have to check on him anyway. I'm thinking about moving himout here with me," they walked in to find him soud asleep...

*********

The next morning Jackie was surprised to find Tori busy baking and humming along to the radio. "You're in a good mood today."

Tori looked up from the oven, "I am." The jingle of the bell ended any further explanations.

Jackie put her hand up, "we will finish talking later." Walking out to the front she was surprised to see Alex standing there.

"I'll have the usual," Alex said giving Jackie a smile. Just then a little boy walked in excited to have been able to tie his shoes.

"Daddy I want a strawberry one!"

Jackie looked in surprised as she realized the boy was calling Alex Daddy. She was about to go off on him when Tori came out, "Jackie! Can you go take care of the cupcakes in the oven?"

The look on Tori's face told her not to ask and just do as she was told. So she did but was so going to get an explanation later from her friend!

Tori watched Jackie disappear and turned to face Alex. "Hi," she then turned to look athe little boy.

"Morning. Hey Jason, this is my friend Tori the one I told I wanted you to meet." Alex said as he got his son's attention.

"she's the cupcake lady!" Jason said giggling.

"I am. It's nice to meet you Jason." She extended her hand and shook hands with the little boy. "You can't deny he's your son he has your eyes."

After talking for a few minutes and making plans for dinner rhe three of them. Tori made it to the back and just like she had predicted Jackie pounced for an explanation, which she gladly gave.

So Alex and her had started everything very untraditionally... But she was going to give it a shot, she wasnt getting any younger that was for sure...