- Text Size +
“Thank you for lunch.” Tori said as they walked to his car. It was in that precise moment when his phone rang making him look at his phone.

“I'm sorry I have to take this,” Alex said as he answered the phone.

Tori watched him as he talked on the phone. He had a nice smile and well she had to admit a gentleman since again he had paid for lunch. It wasn't till she saw his face right in front of her that she realized she had zoned out. “Oh, sorry.” she blushed as he opened the door for her.

He walked around and into the drivers seat, “Do you mind if we make a quick stop somewhere?”

Did she have a choice? She didn't want to be rude either he had been nice so far. “Uh, no go ahead Jackie has the shop covered I trust her.”

The drive was silent but not awkward, she kept giving him glances trying to figure him out. Soon he was pulling in a tattoo parlor, “I'll be right back.”

“Wait are you getting a tattoo?” She asked as she stared at the building.

Alex shook his head, “No this is my other job.” With that he stepped out and vanished into the tattoo shop.

Tori felt the need to see if she still looked presentable so quickly she got her compact and checked her makeup. She looked decent so she quickly put her compact away and waited patiently for Alex. He was true to his word as he came out and quickly got in.

“Sorry.” he sighed and turned the engine on. “So lets get you back to work.”

**********

“Si mami,” Tori said into the phone as she continued to pack. “I told you it's fine we can stay a hotel.”

Tori continued to listen to her mother talk about everyone attending and how important it was for her to get there to help with the arrangements. Not only that she was now going to be in charge of making a bunch of cupcakes for the rehearsal dinner.

“Yes mom I will call you before we leave.” Tori blew her mother a kiss and hung up. She sighed in relief as she plopped on her bed but no sooner had she laid down there was a knock on her door. Tiger's annoying barks began, “Tiger shhh baby...” Tori demanded as she picked the puppy up and walked to the door.

Jackie smiled as she flashed the bottle of wine and the junk food inside the bag. “Hey Tori,” she walked in and quickly sat on a couch. “I thought we could chill tonight since you leave tomorrow.”

“God I love you Jackie you know me so well,” Tori spoke as she grabbed to glasses from the kitchen and cork screw. “Just finished talking to my mother and she confirmed to me that Howie is in the wedding! I know Esme is doing that on purpose.”

Jackie made a face, “What a bitch,” she said as she poured the wine into the glasses. “Then tell you won't stand in her wedding.”

Tori sighed, “I can't do that she is my sister even she is making my cousin Camila maid of honor instead of me!” she took her glass and took a sip.

Jackie shrugged, “Oh and you can't forget Alex the hunk your taking as your boyfriend.” She turned to look at her friend, “I still can't believe you actually asked him to go with you. He's so handsome.”

She slapped her friend slightly and giggled, “Jackie he's still available after the wedding you can ask him out, tell you what I will even help you.” Tori told Jacking as she opened the twizzler's bag.

“Uh, no Tori I don't know what planet your from but that man likes you. No one would accept such a proposal from a stranger, well not anyone that is sane.” Jackie said, “Besides you two make a cute couple.”

Right. Tori rolled her eyes and sighed, “Your crazy Jackie... now come lets put a movie in?”

“What are we watching?” Jackie asked getting comfortable.

“Sense and Sensibility.” Tori said as she pushed play and took a seat. Jane Austen always made get in a good mood, that she needed at the moment.

*********

“Tori!” the high pitched voice made her stop. Esme her sister was running toward her and Alex.

“See what I mean loud family,” Tori told Alex who looked very amused a short very quirky woman got closed and embraced Tori. “Hi Esme.”

“I can't believe you're finally here,” Esme continued to gush and then she finally saw the man standing beside her sister, “and you must be Alex.”

Alex was caught off guard as the young woman hugged him, he hugged back feeling a little awkward... “Yeah I’m Alex it's nice to finally meet you.”

“Where's mom,” Tori asked a little annoyed already by her sister.

“She couldn't come but she is waiting on you, lets go then.” Esme said as she began to walk out the airport. The Jeep was waiting for them with none other than Nick her fiance waiting.

“Hey Tori nice to see you again.” He flashed her a smile as he helped with the luggage. “I'm Nick by the way.” he extended his hand to Alex who was also helping put the luggage in.

Tori watched as Alex and Nick introduced each other and finished putting their luggage into the Jeep. She was about to hop into the car when she felt Alex's hand on her back and opened the door for her. “Here babe let me help you,” she felt a slight shiver as she felt him near her.

Soon they were on the way, “I did tell you the ride home is an hour right?” Tori asked Alex who sat beside her his hand intertwined with hers. He had told her before hand that would help make this whole thing more believable.

He nodded and gave her smile, “Yeah you did...” he brought her hand to his mouth and gave it a kiss.

That was all it took for Esme to talk, “Aww look at you two so lovey dovey... soon we will be going to Florida for your wedding Tori.” She turned to look at them.

“Maybe.” Alex said winking at Tori.

Tori only blushed and prayed that this ride would soon end...

Sure enough soon they were pulling into the long dirt road that led to the big house. She sighed as she saw her family all waiting, “Mother never learns does she... did she bring everyone over?”

Alex looked out too and it suddenly hit him. He was nervous now, as soon as the car stopped a woman opened the door and screamed as she took hold of Tori.

“Mija! Welcome home.” Magdalena Olvera said hugging her daughter tightly.

“Hi mom,” Tori pulled away and turned to face Alex. “Mami this is Alex my boyfriend.”

Alex suddenly felt hot and nervous... he couldn't turn back now though.