- Text Size +
“Hey,” Alex took a seat next to Tori, she was sitting on the porch swing with the bouquet she had caught in hand.

Tori smiled up at him, “hey,” she scooted over for him to sit. “What a day right?”

“It was fun,” Alex said taking a deep sigh. “I mean you caught the bouquet which only means your the next in the family to be happily married.” He chuckled as Tori rolled her eyes at his comment.

“Right,” she sighed heavily, “thanks for helping us clean up.”

“It's nice out tonight,” Alex said smiling at her. “Tomorrow night we will be back in Florida.”

Tori smiled, “I actually miss Florida... so does this mean that you won't be coming to my bakery anymore since you will have my secret recipe?”

“Yes that's exactly what it will mean... I was actually thinking of opening my own bakery to give you competition and better your recipe.” Alex chuckled. “I actually was hoping to see you more often outside of the bakery.”

Tori froze when she heard his last words. “I'd bore you, I’m a pretty boring person.”

Alex disagreed shaking his hand, “I don't think you've realized that I like you.” He smiled as he looked at her, “I had my eye on you for a while actually but I didn’t know how to make my move and then you ask me to come with you as your boyfriend to your sister's wedding... I knew it was my chance to get to know you. I mean did you really think I would agree to something like this with just anyone?”

“You like me?” Tori asked puzzled at his confession.

“Yes and even after meeting your crazy family!” he said as he took her hand. “So how about it? Want to be my girlfriend?”

Tori stared at Alex not believing what she had just heard. How had she not realize it? Had she really been this blind? Now that she realized he was right there is no way she would have accepted an offer like hers had some random guy asked her.

“Tori?” Alex asked after waiting for her to speak and not getting a response.

Tori blinked and gave him a nervous smile, “I'm just a little surprised.” She cleared her throat and looked at him again, “I'm very flattered... so does this mean we will actually have a real first date?”

Alex chuckled and sighed in relief, “yes.” He approached her and grabbed her face softly, “but I've been wanting to do this for a while.” With that he kissed her.

*********

“I'm going to miss you Mija,” Magdalena told her daughter as they cooked breakfast.

“I will too...” Tori told her but would not extend an invitation not yet anyway.

“You look radiant today and the smile on your face is just mesmerizing...” Tori groaned as she felt her mother squeeze her cheeks.

Tori would have protested but just then her father came in demanding breakfast. The morning was spent at the breakfast table with her mother telling Alex all her embarrassing moments from when she was younger. Somehow though she felt better at him knowing all this now that she was officially dating him. She smiled and blushed as she caught Alex staring at her.

After packing Tori sighed in relief, she would be in Miami tonight. She grabbed the basket and walked up the stairs. “Where you going?” Alex asked startling her.

“Somewhere want to come along?” she asked him with a mischievous look.

“Okay,” Alex said turning off the television and followed her outside. “Where are we going?”

“You'll see,” they walked up the hill and in the woods. “This is where you would find me every spring...” Tori said as she continued to walk, till they came to a halt in a meadow with many bushes of wild black berries. “We are here.” she was smiling as she picked a ripe black berry and put it in her mouth.

Alex looked around and sighed, “it's very nice out here.” He pointed to the basket in her hand. “I'm assuming we are picking this berries?”

“That's right,” Tori said as she began to pick them. “I can make the best black berry cupcake with these. Plus these are the sweetest black berries you will ever taste.”

“Are you going to have time to make these cupcakes because now I want to taste them.” Alex said as he began to pick for black berries.

“No I’m having mom freeze them and send them to me.” She smiled at him and cleared her throat. “I'm sorry about my mom showing you all my baby pictures.”

Alex laughed and smiled at her, “I enjoyed the bonding experience with her it was very interesting to learn so much of you and Cece.”

“Hey Cece meant a lot to me even if she was an invisible friend.” Tori said defensively. “Besides she always to the blame for my bad behavior...”

“I just never would have pictured you as the type to have had an invisible friend.” Alex commented as he continued to collect the berries.

Tori laughed and sighed looking at him quizzically, “You know you've been learning about me and I have yet to know more about you. I demand to see baby pictures when we get back to Miami.”

Alex only chuckled and shook his head, “no can do they were all burned in a fire long ago.”

“Shut up liar,” Tori said as she tried to push him only making herself trip but she sighed in relief when Alex caught her.

“I see why you like these berries they must have alcohol in them you’re getting clumsy on me again,” laughing at her he helped and suddenly he was staring into her green eyes.

“I'm not drunk,” Tori said as she stared back at him suddenly she began to feel the butterflies in her stomach as he cupped her cheek. She closed her eyes in anticipation as Alex neared her his lips connecting with hers.

After pulling away he sighed, “Maybe I just might let my mother show my baby pictures... maybe.”

Tori smiled at the thought of him already planning for her to meet his mother. “Oh I’m seeing pictures it's not fair for you to have seen mine and I won't get to see yours!” She threw him a berry and continued to pick the berries.

*********

“Que dios te bendiga Mija,” Magdalena told her daughter as they helped with the luggage.

“Bye mom,” Tori hugged her and then looked toward her dad who was quiet as he helped Alex with the luggage which was all piled now on the porch. “Papi, give me a hug.”

The loud honk from the SUV startled them as Roberto stepped out. “Ready Tori?” he smiled and hugged her. “I'm going to miss you squirt,” he then began to put the luggage into the car.

“It was really nice meeting you Alex and I hope to hear from you more often now.” Magdalena said smiling at him and then surprising him with a hug.

Before she knew it she was leaving the dirt road the lead to her house and was now on the highway. Tori sighed and felt melancholy as she looked out the window she was going to miss everyone. She hated goodbyes, “you okay?” Alex asked her as he took her hand in his.

“Just I hate goodbyes.” Tori answered smiling at him.

“No you’re just a big sap that's what it is.” Roberto said from the drivers seat. “I do admit it's not the same with you not here though.”

The rest of the ride was pleasant as her brother made plans to visit and go fishing now in Alex's territory. She hugged her brother goodbye one more before he left and they headed to customs.

“I can't wait to get home,” Alex said as he stood by her.

“I can't either I miss my dog and my bakery...” Tori admitted as they waited for their flight to be called. She smiled as she realized she was heading home and she was not single anymore...
Chapter End Notes:
sorry for the long wait everyone I've been super busy with work and stuff. But here is the next chapter hope you all are still interested. :)I will reply to your reviews asap.