- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally got an update! Ugh it's a pain to write on the iPod...thumbs are cramped lol. Sorry for any weird font.

                                                           ~~~Nick~~~

I could see the other couples from a distance. AJ and Rochelle were all over each other, still in the honeymoon stage. Could anyone blame them.

There was no sign of Brian and Leighanne anywhere, but it didn't surprise me. They'd probably brought Wylee merchandise and were on a selling spree. I laughed a little at the thought. 

Howie was reading a magazine and Leigh was on her laptop. I should have known she'd be the one to bring  her work on a romantic getaway. Finally i caught a glimpse of the two power brains behind all this madness. Kevin and Kristen were sharing a coffee with big smiles as they watched me coming. 

Sam and I were a few feet away from each other and I started to think maybe we needed to make this more believable. Without a warning I took a hold of her hand and I felt her tug away.

"Don't kill it...we are already being watched!" I muttered under my breath.

"You could warn me. Crap, I'm nervous now."

"Just be yourself...er I mean...just relax."

I could feel eyes on me and I wasn't sure if it was because they recognized me as a Backstreet Boy or because I was holding hands with coyote girl and we looked odd. 

"Hey Carter!" Kevin smiled wide looking from me to Sam and back, then he embraced me into one of his bear hugs. "haven't seen you in a bit."

"Yeah I know..." I said smacking Kevin's shoulder. 

"Nick. Nice to see you all grown up." Kristen stated while hugging me.

"Thanks." I said. " You guys never change. Always lookin good." I complimented them, they did seem like the ideal couple out of all of us, even if I'd blamed her for him leaving at first.

"Eh...look at you, all fit." Kevin playfully punched me.

We all turned to look at Sam who was just standing there watching us interact. I hesitated to introduce her and just as I opened my mouth to do so, she did it herself.

"Hi. I'm Samantha." she let go of my hand and shook Kevin's hand. She had a goofy smile on her face as she did so.

"Nice to meet you Sam. I'm Kevin..."

"Kevin Richardson...I know..."

Kevin smiled and tugged at his wife "This is my wife, Kristen. I'm so glad you guys could make it. I've got so much stuff planned out for us to do."

Slowly the rest approached us and one by one I got better at introducing my pretend girlfriend. They seemed to be taking her in kindly and trying to make conversation with her, with exception of Leighanne and Kristen who had gone off to browse the gift store.

I could tell that Sam was more than nervous and she was coming up with things as they came. I gotta admit she was taking it like a champ. They'd all forgotten about me and were excited to get to know my knew love interest. I felt kinda guilty for playing with their minds, but I don't have time for love right now. 

This boy just wants to have fun!

                                
                                                        ~~~Samantha~~~
                          
I couldn't believe I'd shook Kevin Richardson's hand and that now they were all trying to engage in a conversation with me. I had been excited about meeting them all, but now that I was here I was really nervous. 

It had to be because I wasn't really being myself. I was flipping my blonde hair around and talking but not making sense, at least not to myself. 

The flight didn't leave for another hour so I took advantage and snuck off to the ladies room. I seriously needed to breath. I got there and washed my face. I stared at my reflection for a good minute and didn't like at all the person staring back at me.

This feeling had haunted me for years through high school and college. When I had way more pounds on me and my insecurities were at their peak. I mean who could blame me...I was never chosen for anything or by anyone.

Now I had that familiar feeling and it was all Nick Carter's fault. I cursed him for being such a jerk. Yes, I was putting up my tough girl act, but deep down inside the way he looked and talked about me hurt a bit. 

I took out my phone and dialed my sister, but I didn't get reception. With a sigh I  hung up and mustered the courage to go back out there and face them all. 

"So, you and Nick huh?" Kristen stopped me right outside the bathroom. 

Her question took me by surprise. I thought it had been clear that Nick and I were a couple. I couldn't help but have an attitude.

"Yes. Is there a problem?" I raised a brow.

She looked me over and crossed her arms over her chest. "I have no problem. Its just odd, because he doesn't date girls like you."

"Girls like me?"

"You're a bit big for his taste. The guy has a reputation to maintain."

"So you're saying I can ruin his reputation for being a big girl, as you put it."

Rochelle suddenly approached us and Kristen was unable to continue to interrogate me. 

"Hey ladies we are boarding." She said sweetly as he looked at Kristen and then smiled at me.

"Great!" Kristen stated and walked away. 

Rochelle and I watched her walk away and then she turned to smile at me. 

"You shouldn't take what she says personally. She's like an overprotective mother with the guys. I know she didn't trust or like me at first either."

"But you're beautiful." I blurted.

She looked at me puzzled. "Thanks. But i don't think it has to do with looks." My ass it didn't. That had been specified. "You are just as beautiful. Anyways, Nick has gotten much better at picking girlfriends. He chose to bring you for a reason. Come on, let's go have some fun."

I sighed and we started our trek towards the rest of the group. I was thinking the only reason he'd chosen me was, because I was a last resort and I had come along, because he was paying me. 

So far...I found my situation awkward. Kevin was hotter in person. Kristen was uncomfortable with my looks. I was going into full on insecurity mode and we were now about to start our fake romantic journey.  

"Come on, Peach" I curled my lip in disgust, I was liking coyote girl better. Nick broke my train of thoughts when he took hold of my hand again. This time I didn't jerk away I just glared at him. One of us was not going to survive this. I huffed.