- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick and his friends go out, he gets them drunk enough and buzzed up on sweets to find out what they really want out of them. Kevin sees a surprise in Kentucky.

3/5/2006

"I don't get why this isn't working?" Eric told me after 2 drinks. "How come I can't hit-hit the darts right?" He asked. "Dude, your buzzed and a little out of it." I told him. "ok, one more time. I'll hit the center then you have to buy me dinner." Eric said.

"I already bought you dinner 2 hours ago." I replied. "Well, then you have to buy me stuff to help sober me up, buddy." He said.

As we played darts and the mini basketball game in the back of the bar. I finally asked him once I let him win a game or two. Melissa was still at the table eating the chocolate cake I bought her.

"Eric, why do you want to be my best friend?" I asked him straight forward. "Because your a total jock guy and you treat me like I am "normal"." He answered, but I get that so much. I had to do it, I asked for the details. "Why through, like what do you want out of our friendship and what is expected of me, if we stay friends?" I continued asking.

"We go out from time to time, I help you right now with the DUI bit. You learn to finally protect your fans from that crazy lady, the one you didn't date.  We work mutually together to meet people and pass our final classes, and become life long friends or at least friends for a few years." He told me. I nodded that would work for him, right now. "Ok, I told him, we'll do that, I'll get you something to eat then we gotta go home, you go eat at the bar, and I'll talk to Melissa make sure she is ok." I told him.

I sat down next to Melissa in a simple pink dress top and black mini skirt and high heels. "Why do you wear that?" I asked her. "Are you trying to date me?" I asked. "Because it would help if I knew." I told her with a friendly laugh. She laughed with me. "I wanted to make you 2 look "good"." She replied. Sighing, "I am sorry, if I didn't..." she tried to say.

"No, that's not why I am asking Melissa." I told her. "What are we?" I asked. "Are we friends, are we FWBs, are we boyfriend/girlfriend, do you want to be married as soon as you get out of college with a 2 year old?" I asked her. She didn't answer. "I don't know, can I tell you tomorrow." She replied. "Fine, but pick one and tell me so I know. Your driving the guys and I crazy about it, darling." I told her.

------------------------------------------------

Kevin had just put Mason to bed and was still singing. "Now, go to sleep and have good dreams..la, la, la, la." He sang as he got the baby bottle ready, just in case and place in a holding container that would stay warm for a couple hours.

Then he saw it. A beautiful woman just standing there looking at him. Then disappering. "What was that?" He asked himself. Then picked up his cell phone and called Brian. "Cousin, I think their back for St. Patrick's Day." He told him. As he sat down on the chair and wrote a list of stuff to look up online in the morning. Kevin decided to wait to go to bed, and tell Brian what happened in the morning.