- Text Size +

April, 2018.

Things at home had got a little better since the whole mess with me skipping class and dad fighting the drink. I think our chat at Grandma’s had helped, although sometimes I did find him looking so lost and upset.

I knew now that he was fighting his inner demons when it came to mom. Grandma told me that he still missed her like she had died yesterday, and that made me feel sad for him.

But there wasn’t anything I could really do, other than stay in his good books and keep him happy.

But of course I still had one thing that I was keeping from him.

My party.

Dad had gone away, like he said he would, on the week of my birthday. I was having my party the next night, which was the night before my actual sixteenth. I really couldn’t wait. It had been the talk of the school all day today, and some people had even invited their friends from the school across town.

I wasn’t really bothered about them though, just Ben, and of course he had said he was going to be there. He even told me so himself before school cut for the day.

The plan had been formulated. I told grandma I was staying at Kayla’s with Emily for a girlie sleepover, and they had each told their parents they were staying at each others houses. I’d already stopped by at home and cleared away all the breakables, storing mom’s picture from the living room in my room. Me and Kayla had hauled the big box of alcohol up from the basement and set them up on the kitchen counter after school that day. It was perfect.

***

“I’m so glad your gran let us come round here tonight!” Emily said, bouncing on my bed in my room at Grandma’s. This room had used to be my dads when he was growing up, but there was no sign of that other than the picture of him and mom hanging in the closet. I think both grandma and dad had forgotten it was there, but I loved it.

“Grandma likes you guys, that’s why.” I shut the closet door after putting my bag in there.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow!” Kayla announced, making me walk through the room and shut the bedroom door.

“Shh!” I sighed as Kayla giggled.

“Sorry. I forgot. Ooh by the way, I have something for you.”

I watched as Kayla went through her bag before pulling something out and holding it out to me. “What is it?”

“Something you’ll need for tomorrow night.”

I took what Kayla was holding and instantly knew what it was when I saw the word Trojan printed on it. “A condom.”

“Yup. Tomorrow is gonna be your night, Hollie. Ben’s coming, we’ve got alcohol, and you have that hot dress. No more virgin Hollie! And before your sixteen too!”

I looked at the foil wrapper for a moment before walking back over to my closet and opening it up. I shoved it in my bag before turning around. “You think he’ll, ya know.. Want me?” I pulled a face as I looked down at my body before looking back up at Kayla and Emily.

“He’s gonna want you. That dress shows off your cleavage, which.. Well is wasted on you. If I had those boobs I’d be showing them to everyone.” Emily giggled.

“Probably a good thing that they are all mine then.” I joined them on the bed. “We’re really going to pull this off? The party?”

Kayla smiled. “Hell to the yea! Seriously.. This is so cool. Tomorrow night is going to be a night you’ll never forget.”

I smiled in return and leant back against the wall. I really hoped she was right.

***

I said goodbye to Grandma, who tried to drive me there, but I told her Kayla was meeting me and we were being picked up. Was a total lie, but she brought it and let me go on my way.

The moment I arrived Emily and Kayla were already there waiting for me. We spent an hour decorating the house before disappearing in my room to get ready.

Once I was in my dress, and my make up was done I took the chance to examine myself. Emily had curled my hair, and surprisingly it was staying in. My make up was light, but pretty, and the dress hugged my curves. It showed off more of my cleavage than I liked, and I knew if dad saw me right now he would probably have a heart attack, but I felt good. I felt pretty, and I had a feeling that Ben would like what he saw too.

By the time a few hours pass there are already a good amount of people at the house. The music is pumping and I’ve already drank two glasses of whatever Kayla handed me. It tasted disgusting, but I could feel it working whatever it was. I’d never drank before, but the way it made me feel, confident and happy.. Well I liked it.

I spotted Ben across the room after I’d been dancing with Emily. He was dressed in his varsity jacket and sipping on the same drink Kayla has given me. I watched him scan the room before his eyes caught mine. I waited for my cheeks to flush, but instead I gave him a little wave. He nodded his head and smiled that amazing smile of his and suddenly I remembered the condom stashed in my bag in my room.

I took a deep breath before walking through the small crowd of people, and over to him. Ben didn’t see me until I was standing before him, but he smiled.

“Awesome party!”

I grinned and stood beside him. “Thanks. I’m glad you came.”

“Really?” Ben smirked before putting his drink down. “”Well ya know, Brenna wasn’t invited so I nearly didn’t. But then.. Well how could I not come. This is awesome.” He nodded his head to the music, looking around and I took the chance to drink in his appearance. He was definitely who I needed to be with. This was my chance to get rid of the V Card for once and for all.

“You wanna dance?” I asked Ben, who turned his head to look back at me.

“Sure thang.” He replied, and took my hand, pulling me over to where a few people were dancing.

I’d never danced with a guy before, so my dance moves at first were a little… weird. He had put his hand on my waist and was trying to pull me closer, but I didn’t want to do that. But then Ben smirked at me, and suddenly I was pressed up against him, his hand on my back as his body moved against mine to the music. It took me a few tries, but before I knew it I was dancing right along with him. And it felt great. I almost forgot where I was until I felt lips press against my neck.

Suddenly I realised that Ben Jenkins was kissing my neck, in my house, at my party, and I went giddy. I giggled, making him look at me. I knew I blushed then as he looked at my face before smiling.

“You wanna go somewhere quiet?”

My heart started pounding in my chest, and rather than talk I just nodded. He took my hand and walked us out the room before stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

“Your room?”

Again I nodded, and walked up the stairs with him before walking down the hall to my room. I pushed the door open, and Ben guided me in, making me sit on the bed before he closed the door.

“At least its quieter in here.”

I smiled. The bass from the music was vibrating on the floor, but I didn’t care. Ben shrugged his jacket off before moving to sit beside me.

“Nice room.”

I still hadn’t spoken. I really didn’t know what to say. I’d been imagining this moment for weeks, and even though it was what I wanted, it wasn’t going how I thought it would.

“Your bring many guys here?”

I looked at Ben. “No.”

“Just me?”

I nodded. “Just you.” I watched him as he smirked before he reached forward and brushed a strand of my hair off my face.

“You look totally hot tonight.”

I smiled as his hand trailed along my cheek before his fingers brushed along my neck. I expected his hand to stop, and for him to lean forward and kiss me softly, but his hand kept moving down before stopping on my boob. I looked down at his hand before looking up at his face.

But before I could even look at his face his lips had crashed down against mine, taking me off guard.

And I wasn’t sure if I liked it.