- Text Size +

Blinking a few times, Nick felt really weird. He looked around and knew something was not right. First of all, he was on the ground, but still standing up. And he was in the woods.

"How the fuck did I get here?! Where’s my bed?" Nick shouted. It was his voice but it was very small. He began to walk and then he knew something wasn’t right. He looked back at himself and discovered he had 4 legs instead of two! On top of it all, he was covered in some kind of prickly fur!

"Abdooley! What did you do to me? I said concubine, not PORCUPINE!" Nick shouted in his little screetchy voice. After no answer, Nick started crawling away. The feeling was foreign to him but he finally got the hang of it. Looking around, he noticed he was in the woods that was not far from his house. He then set out to the direction of his house.

Coming to a small stream he stopped at the edge. Peering down at his reflection, Nick gasped.

"Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyy GODDDDD! I look hideous!" he screamed.

After the shock had worn off, Nick crosse the stream and headed towards home. He had no idea what time it was, but then he remembered the fellas were supposed to come over tonight. Thank the Lord for small favors! They will know what to do to help! Nick scuttled as fast as his little legs would carry him. As he was about to reach the end of the woods, his little nose began to twitch.

"Wow...feels kinda like Spidy Sense!" Nick thought. All things indicated trouble. And it presented itself in the form of a big dog directly in his path. The dog was starting at him, with his hackles raised. In turn, all the quills on Nick’s back shot up. As the dog inched closer, bearing his teeth and growling, Nick turned and a few quills shot out of his back, striking the dog right on the snout. It started yipping, turned and ran the opposite direction.

"Ok, how the hell did I do that? That was kinda cool!" Nick said outloud. Guessing that it was just pure instinct, Nick did a little porcupine strut out of the woods, proud of himself.

About an hour later, Nick finally reached his back deck. Looking at the steps, that now looked like Mt. Everest to his tiny form, Nick was trying to figure out how he was gonna get back into his home. Looking down, he noticed some impressing looking, razor sharp claws at the end of his paws. Walking over to the first step, he stood up on his back legs. His front legs barely came to rest on the edge of the step. Digging the claws into the wooden step, he hoisted himself up. Once he was settled on the first step, he was already huffing and puffing. Looking up, he still had five steps to go.

About an hour later, he finally came to rest on the deck. He was pure worn out from the adventure up the steps. He laid on the deck in the sun and began to dose after all the physical excursion he’d just put his little, round, fat body through.

"NICK! Where are ya dude!" Nick woke with jump and nearly rolled off the deck’s first step.

"What the fuck?!" Nick screetched, momentarily forgetting he was now a porcupine.

"Nick! This isn’t funny! We know you’re in there! You’re car’s in the driveway! Open up!"

Recognizing the voice as Brian’s, Nick didn’t even think that the guys would come to the front door! He’d facepalm himself if he wasn’t scared of getting a quill in the eye. Praying the guys would come around back since he didn’t answer, he waiting by the back door. No way in hell he was going back down those steps! He’d probably fall down them and impale himself!

After about 10 minutes, he heard the gate to the backyard open. YES! They were coming to the back door!

Brian was the first to round the corner, followed by Kevin, AJ, then Howie bringing up the rear. Making their way up the steps (Lucky bastards. Look how easy it is for them!) Nick waited for them to notice him. Brian went to the back door and started pounding on it.

"Nick! Get your butt down here and open the door!" Brian shouted.

"I’m down here asshole!" Nick screamed as loud as he could.

"Down where? In the basement? What’s with your voice? Are you sick? Well, get your skinny ass up here and let us in!" Kevin shouted back.

"No you idiots! Down here! Look DOWN!" Nick screamed back.

All four guys looked down at once.