- Text Size +

Reactions came in a variety. Howie jumped back down the deck steps, AJ backed himself up into a corner with wide eyes, Brian just stood there and stared at him like a statue, and Kevin, Kevin being a good ol’ country boy knew exactly what they were dealing with and bent down to get a closer look at the creature.

"What the FUCK is that?" AJ spat out.

"Would you guys just relax. It’s just a porcupine. Be it odd that it is on the deck since they don’t really care for people" Kevin explained.

Nick then realized they didn’t know it was him.

"I’m so glad you guys are here! I need your help!" Nick screamed in his little porcupine voice.

Now it was Kevin’s turn to freak out. He stood up and tried to back away so fast he promptly fell on his ass.

"Guys! It’s me! Nick!!!" Nick started waddling over to where Kevin landed. Kevin started to crab-walk away from him.

Brian, having recognized Nick’s somewhat distorted voice, walked closer to him.

"Nick, is that really you?" Brian asked tentatively.

"YES!! It’s me!! I found this lamp on the beach and I rubbed it and a genie popped out and he was an idiot cuz obviously I wouldn’t ask to be turned into a porcupine and".

"Wait, wait, wait, slow down Nick. With that squeaky, low voice we can’t understand you." Brian said.

Now that the guys were relatively calmed down, they all crouched around Nick so that they could listen to what had happened to him.

"A concubine Nick? Really? REALLY?" Kevin drawled.

"Hey, give him credit that he actually knew what one was!" AJ said.

"Ten bucks says he googled it" Howie chimed in.

Nick just glared at t hem with his beady, little porcupine eyes. "Will you guys cut it out and HELP me please!!" Nick yelled.

Thinking for a bit, Kevin said, "Well, the only thing I can think of to do is to try to find this lamp and see if we can get the genie to undo this mess."

Brian walked into Nick’s garage and found a durable, thick pair of gloves. Walking back out onto the deck, he put them on and then gently picked up his friend. Then they all they all headed back down to the beach in search of the lamp. Following Nick’s directions, they found the lamp partially buried in the surf. Digging it up, Kevin washed it off in the tide then gave it a hardy rub.

Smoke began pouring from the lamp and the genie appeared.

"Greeting! You have summoned the Genie of the Lamp! I am Abdab. I will grant you one wish!" boomed the genie.

"Hey! Dipshit! Remember me? Look what you did to me!!" Nick screamed as loud as he could at Adbab.

"Nick", Brian whispered to Nick, "I don’t think insulting the guy that could be your only hope is the way to go here bud."

"Adbdooly, remember me from this morning? I asked for a concubine and you turned me into a damn porcupine! Can you please turn me back into myself...PLEASE?" Nick yelled.

"I remember you. I thought it was an odd request. But I will regretfully admit, my attention was taken away by the girl running down the beach. I will right my wrong" Adbub said.

Placing Nick on the ground in front of him, Brian stepped back. The sudden sandstorm surrounded Nick once again and once it settled, Nick stood there, in his 6 foot +, blond frame. Looking down at himself, feeling his whole body to make sure everything was in tact, he let out a big whoop of joy.

"Thank you! Oh my God! I was so scared I was going to have to spend the rest of my life as a freakin porcupine! I was wondering how I was going to survive, what I was gonna eat, if I was ever gonna have sex again! Hey, how do porcupines do it anyways? Carefully, I know, but still..." Nick rattled on.

"SHUT UP NICK!" they all yelled at him.

Two hours later they were all sitting in Nick’s living room, feasting on all the food Nick had bought for their little get together the day before.

"That was awful nice of you Nick, to use the other wish from the genie since he screwed up your first wish to donate a million dollars to the St. Jude Children s Research Hospital." Howie said.

"Well, I figured that was a safe wish to make! I didn’t see how he could screw THAT one up! And it made me feel good" Nick said.

All the guys nodded in agreeance then turned their attention back to the game.