- Text Size +

                                        The Guardian Crusade

                                           Volume II

                                                 

 

        Chapter 1

 

Hevi, Kalica, Hevi Palace.

 

“Nali!” Nick shouted as he stepped forward.  Nick sent out another Shadow bolt but Ignis blocked it and returned it with a Shadow Bolt of his own.  Nick jumped back against the wall just in time.  Aj heard another yell and looked back at Ignis too see Nalia had recovered and was back to attacking the ghostly figure again.  Quickly Aj shot out a Fire Bolt and then a Frost Bolt. Ignis fell forward past Nalia.

 

“Look out!” Aj shouted to Nalia as Ignis reached for her but she was already on it, and kicked his face and he rolled back against the wall.  She raised her sword over her head, and he raised his hand but a shadow bolt smothered him and he flinched, not being able to get his spell off as Nalia’s sword ran through him.  He screamed in pain as Nalia quickly backed away, making sure he didn’t touch her.  Aj sent another Ice Bolt at him and when the spell hit him everyone was sent to the floor by a bright red light.  The screaming was ear piercing and Aj tried to cover his ears, waiting for them to pop from the high pitch.

 

The Palace began to shake around them, as thunder was heard from above them. Then just as fast as everything had appeared it was gone.

 

 

 

 

 

…..At that moment beneath Pixcadia…..

 

 

            The dark solid rocks began to rumble and the demon that stood leaning against the wall slowly looked up.  Dust began to fall around him and he flared his nostril to blow the dust away.  Pebbles fell, creeks echoed through out the cave.

 

            “So” The demon said as he looked up.  “It has begun.”

 

            “It’s all over, it’s done, we’re done, Vel’era get out, get out!” Yelled a smaller demon as he ran around the corner.

 

“Calm down Twivil.” Vel’era sighed.

 

“But the walls are caving in!” The small demon screeched.

 

“They are not you fool, it is a sign.” Vel’era snapped at him.

 

“A sign?” Twivil said as he cocked his head.  “Oh, oh no, they got to Ignis they did, so much for his plan.”

 

“His plan is still working they have no idea where she is and they still have to get through us.”  Vel’era said.

 

“Melt they’re faces off I will!” Twivil shouted.

 

“Even the pretty ones?” Vel’era asked with a laugh.

 

“Especially the pretty ones.” Twivil giggled.

 

“You speak with to much confidence, do you not feel them?” said a woman’s voice.

 

“I feel what I have felt time and time again woman.” Vel’era said as he turned his head a little.  He looked at the dark cove in the cave wall.  “And yet here you sit.”

 

“Some god, oh no, not a god, not a god.” Twivil said shaking his head.

 

“My Guardians, these Guardians will come for me Vel’era.” The woman spoke proudly.

 

“Then my Axe gladly awaits them.” Vel’era said as he pulled a large axe from behind him.  He turned it a looked at it, the razor sharp edges curving in all kinds of directions.

 

“And Twivil, Twivil waits too.” The small demon said as he jumped around.  Vel’era looked down at his little friend and lightly laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

One Year Later…

 

 

 

            Aj stood in front of the long mirror.  His long dark brown hair hung down past his shoulders, two small braids hung down from behind his ears, which were still adorned with piercings. He had purchased new rings for his now slender fingers and he double checked the Elvaan jewelry that hung perfectly from his wrists and neck.  Aj had to admit he was diggin the Elvaan look and he liked the fact he was a little taller, his Elvaan height coming to him slowly over the year.  He was almost as tall as Nick now and his friend wasn’t happy about it.  As he found out when he arrived here with Rayne, it had been a while since they had seen each other.  Nick was busy helping Nalia rebuild Kalica, since it was the place that took the most damage from Ignis; it took a while to rebuild Hevi and Pomic. 

 

            That’s why Rayne and him where here in Pomic, it was the opening of the City and there was going to a ceremony and a party, as King of Winnol it was his duty to be there.  Things had been some what peaceful in the lands since Ignis died.  There have been people still against him being King and now that the attention is off of Ignis, they’re voices are being heard more.  How easy some forget.

 

            “Hey Gorgeous.” A voice said from behind him and it startled him a little, he didn’t hear anyone come in.  He turned around and saw Rayne standing behind him.

 

            “Well hello beautiful.” He said with a smile.  “Where did you run off too?” he asked.  They had arrived pretty late and when he woke up she was already up.

 

“I was just helping Nalia with some provisions with the ceremony.” She said as he pulled her into his arms.

 

Things between him and Rayne were good.  Granted they hadn’t really spent a lot of time with each other over the past couple of months.  She has been busy helping the Druid Council rebuild after the little trial.  One thing that changed was control, the Elder still had control of the Council but they needed the backing of the King or Queen of Winnol and if there was one at the time the Druid Guardian, whether they be Elvaan or Human.

 

“Are you finished getting ready?” Rayne asked as she pulled away.

 

“Yeah.” He nodded as he looked at her.  She was just as beautiful as the first day he saw her.  Her curly brown hair was up in a bun, a couple of strands hung down her neck, her crown sat around her forehead and tucked into her hair. 

 

“I have something to show you.” She said with a smile as she took his hands.

 

“Really?” Aj said with a bright smile.

 

“Alex” Rayne sighed with a smile.

 

“You like it.” Aj said as he leaned in and gently kissed her.  She lightly laughed as their lips pressed together.  They both lightly laughed as they gently kissed, then their kisses became more serious, more passionate.

 

“Damn boi, do you ever let her breath?” Nick said as he walked in and the couple pulled apart startled.

 

“Do you ever knock?” Rayne asked.

 

“No” Nick said looking at her like she should have known.  “Anyway” He said looking to AJ. “Are you coming?”

 

“Where?” He asked

 

“I thought you were going to tell him.” Nick said looking at Rayne.

 

“I was until you came barging in.” Rayne huffed.

 

“That’s what you call it?” Nick said raising his eyebrows.

 

“I am getting annoyed with you Nickolas, I suggest you keep quiet or I will ask my tree friends to help you.” She said as she glared at him.

 

“Alright into your corners.” AJ said with a light laugh.  “What is it that you wanted to show me?” AJ asked Rayne.

 

He took Rayne’s hand and they walked out of the room, with Nick following behind them.  They walked down the short hallway into a large foray.  AJ saw Nalia wave them over and they headed towards her.  Nick walked up and kissed her, almost how AJ was kissing Rayne when he barged in.  He looked over at Rayne who was looking at him; he just smiled with a light laugh and shook his head.

 

“So where are we going?” AJ asked as Nick and Nalia pulled away and headed out of the Palace.

 

“To the new park.” Nalia said looking back at them.

 

“Sounds like fun.” AJ said a little sarcastically.

 

They walked through the city, most of the houses and buildings were complete, and the ones that weren’t, there were men working on them continuously.  Many of the trees and flowers that lined the streets were new, the old ones dead or burnt from the war and lack of care when Ignis was here.

 

“This place is really looking good.” AJ said as he looked up at the large Warlock School.

 

“Yep.” Nick said with a nod.  “And I’m glad because I need a vacation.”

 

“You think you get a vacation?”  Nalia asked.

 

AJ looked over at Rayne as Nick and Nalia playfully bickered back and forth.  She had a puzzling look on her face and he wondered what she was thinking.

 

“Everything alright?” He asked her as he put his hand against her waist.

 

“Yes, I was just thinking.” She said with a light smile.

 

“About?”

 

“Pixca.” Rayne sighed.  “It’s been almost a year and we still have not found her.”

 

“I know its frustrating sweetheart but now that most of Pixcadia has moved on, we’ll have more time.”  He said as he gently pulled her closer to him as they walked down the street.  “We beat Ignis and we’ll find her.”  Rayne smiled at him and he wondered if he had actually convinced her, he doubted it.

 

            “Ok we’re here.” Nick said as AJ looked up and they walked under a large gate.  AJ looked around and saw a forest of trees and a large garden of flowers lining the cobble stone walk way.  “This is very cool, I had no idea the Dwarves were doing this.” Nick said as he walked excitedly down the path.

 

“The Park? The Elvaans did the park for you thank you very much!” AJ said as he gently pushed Nick.

 

“Not the Park.” Nick said rolling his eyes.  “That” He said as he pointed to the large statue in front of him.

 

AJ looked up at what Nick was pointing too, his jaw dropped a little.  There in front of him was a large marble stone statue of Kevin, Howie and Brian.  Kevin was in mid shield bash as Howie stood over top of him, bow in hand aiming it out towards the park, and Brian, he stood on the other side of Howie, his hands outward like he was trapped in a box, but AJ knew it was a Healing Spell he was casting.

 

“Isn’t it awesome!” Nick said smiling. 

 

“It’s..” AJ didn’t know what to say, it was the first time he had seen his old friends faces since they were fighting Ignis.

 

“Look at the plaque.” Nick said pointing to the gold square plaque that sat on the top of the statue base.

 

“The Knights of Pixcadia.” AJ read.  “They protected us like we were their home and we shall honor them as all Warriors were before. Kevin the Paladin he was strong and true, Howie the Ranger he was as quick as the wind blew, and Brian the Priest he saved our Guardian when she was struck down.  The Knights of Pixcadia with us you are forever bound.”

 

“Tight, isn’t it?” Nick said when AJ finished reading.

 

“It’s amazing.” AJ said looking back up at it.

 

“I like the way Kevin is, he’s all like eat shield baby!” Nick said with a southern draw.  AJ started laughing as Nick walked around the back of the statue.  He looked at Kevin and his smile slowly faded. 

 

“You miss them.” Rayne said from beside him.

 

“Yeah” AJ nodded.  He then turned his head and looked at her.  “But I’d miss you more.”  She lightly smiled as she slipped into his arms.