- Text Size +

                                        The Guardian Crusade

                                          Volume II

 

                                                      Chapter 27

 

Rayne felt a cool breeze brush across her shoulder and it rudely began to wake her from her sleep.  She mumbled in slight protest to being woken up as she rolled over but something was in front of her blocking her from moving anymore.  Slowly she opened her eyes and saw his bare chest.  Tiredly she looked up, a piece of her hair in her face and saw AJ fast asleep.  His one arm above her head, the other slung lightly over her hip. 

 

Sitting up slowly making sure she didn’t lose the blankets that covered her or wake the sleeping man beside her, she looked around.  They were on the balcony and she smiled to herself as she remembered how the kiss in the chair led them here.  Rayne looked down at her finger and saw the silver rings.  Her thoughts were broken by her hair being brushed to the side and two soft lips gently touched her shoulder.

 

“Everything ok?” AJ asked as she looked over her shoulder at him.

 

“Yes” She replied with a smile.  His lips brushed against her shoulder, then he kissed her shoulder, his eyes never breaking from hers and then they brought their lips together. “How did you get everything ready in time?” Rayne asked as they pulled away.

 

“I’ve had this planned for a while, I had planned to take you after the Pomic Celebration but then you got sick.” AJ told her as he sat up more on his arm.  His finger drifted down her arm.  “Then you lost your memory and well I wasn’t going to ask you then.” He said with a light smile.

 

“You have been waiting that long?” Rayne asked.

 

“It was worth it.” He smiled at her.  “There was a time there when I thought I would never be able to ask you.  I thought you had forgotten about me and your feelings for Dyn would never let it happen.”

 

She took his hand and brought it too her lips gently kissing the back of his fingers.  “By the looks of the sky we should start getting ready.” She said as they both looked up

 

“At dawn right?” AJ asked as he gently kissed her neck.

 

“Yes at dawn.” She said quietly as she closed her eyes.

 

 

 

 

Nick sat at the dinning table as everyone sat quietly eating their breakfast.  He poked at his eggs, the thoughts and information floating around in his head.  They scattered when Kevin spoke up.

 

“What time is it?” He asked.

 

“Clock is in the hallway.” Nick said looking up.

 

“Is it dawn yet?” Kevin asked.

 

“I dunno dude.” Nick said frustrated Kevin had been asking Nalia questions about the wedding since last night.  “They’re probably not even coming home today.”

 

“Can we go see them when it’s over?” Kristin asked looking at Nalia.

 

“We’re not supposed to know.” Kevin said to her.

 

“And you’re doing a fine job of covering that up.” Nick sighed as he lifted some eggs to his mouth.

 

“Well I didn’t know they were getting married so soon.” Kevin said quickly.

 

“Are you mad?” Nick said deciding it had been a while since he got under Kevin’s skin.

 

“No, no I’m not mad.” Kevin said as he brushed the question off.

 

“Hmm mad at the fact he’s getting married or mad at the fact you couldn’t be there which one is it.” Nick said as he put his hands under his chin resting his head there.

 

“Shut up Nick. I’m not mad.”

 

“Then seriously what’s with the twenty questions?” Nick asked.

 

“I just want to know how it went and everything.”

 

“What does she wear?” Leigh Anne asked.

 

“I hope clothes.” Nick said looking at her with a freaked out look.  Leigh Anne just rolled her eyes at him.

 

“I mean does she wear a dress, or a robe?” She asked Nalia.

 

“She would be wearing a shawl, most likely green and yellow the family’s royal colours.”  She told them. 

 

“So this will make her Queen of Winnol?” Brian asked.

 

“Yes, and it will make him King of Sarila as well.” Nalia nodded.

 

“He’s a country up on ya.” Kevin said to Nick.

 

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Nick replied and Kevin smiled; now it was his turn to get under Nick’s skin.

 

“Nothing” Kevin said shaking his head, bringing his attention back to his food.

 

“It’s not like a competition.” Nick said looking down at his fork.

 

“Oh, I know.” Kevin said nodding trying to be serious and then he purposely looked over at Nalia.  He then looked back to Nick and lightly smiled as he looked back down to his food.

 

“Dude” Nick said trying to get his attention back but Kevin didn’t move, he just sat there eating his breakfast.

 

“So how much longer are we going to stay here?” Leigh B asked and everyone looked at her.

 

“I mean in Tokia, when can we go back and stay in Winnol, or Kalica where it’s warm.”

 

“I don’t think we’re going to find anything here, the books AJ got us are giving us all the info we need.” Nick said with a shrug.  “So I guess we can go back whenever.”

 

“Good cause I’ve had my fill of snow.” Howie said as he pushed his plate away.

 

“Yes, I need to return and help Halian plan the announcement and celebration for when they return.” Nalia said as she finished her plate as well.

 

 

 

 

AJ walked across another bridge with Kel’Ryn in front of him, they were making their way to a large platform that over looked the land of Winnol.  When they reached the platform he looked down at his green robe.  The stitching was yellow thread and his family coat of arms embroidered on the back.  This robe didn’t close over him like the others did, no buttons up the front, no small hooks or latches holding it closed.  It wrapped around him and a leather belt with an engraved metal carving of the Tree Castle held it closed around him.

 

“You may go get her Royal Highness now.” Kel’Ryn said to Jaimson with a nod.  His servant nodded back and walked down the other bridge towards a small house in the tree on the other side.  When Jaimson disappeared behind the door AJ looked out to the sea of trees below him.  He thought about his Mom, wondered what she was doing at this moment, the moment her son was getting married. 

 

“It is time.” He heard Kel’Ryn say and he turned around looking at the old Elvaan.  His stare was looking in the direction of the house.  He looked over to the bridge and there he saw her.  She was wearing a long green shawl, to AJ it looked like something the Egyptians would have worn or even what the women of India would wear. Her bangs hung down her face with pieces of hair her pulled back.  Rayne’s long curly hair was adorn in beads and jewels and it made AJ smile, to see how beautiful she looked wearing Elvaan garments.  He took a deep breath as she stepped off of the bridge and walked over to Kel’Ryn and himself.

 

“Hi.” He said in almost a whisper as he took her hand.

 

“Hi.” She smiled back.

 

“Let us began.” Kel’Ryn spoke softly as he gently placed his hands together.   “No words need to be spoken, no person need to witness, the love these two beings share is means enough to show Pixca and her home how true this bond is.” Kel’Ryn spoke as Rayne and AJ looked at each other. 

 

“Rayne of Sarila, the rings I hold in my hand completes the bond you two share and now I give it to you to give to Alexander of Winnol, so the bond, the love is now completed.”

 

Rayne took the rings from Kel’Ryn and held it in her fingers.  She then took a deep breath; pushing back the tears that were already flowing and then placed the ring over his finger as she did this Kel’Ryn lit a candle.  “Let this small flame be the guiding light for your spirits and the love they share.”

 

“These two rings come together and let that be a symbol that this love and bond has come full circle, like all of Pixca’s beings.” Kel’Ryn spoke as Rayne slid the ring down his finger, when it lightly tapped against the other ring, she gently twisted it and the two rings locked.  “Solidarity and Unity two separate beings coming together to make one and with Pixca’s blessing may it be for all eternity.”  Kel’Ryn took Rayne’s ring hand and then took AJ’s left hand putting them together in front of them.  He lightly bowed “Praise Pixca.” He spoke with a smile and then let go of their hands.  Kel’Ryn and Jaimson left the platform as AJ and Rayne stood in each others arms as they looked out over Winnol. 

 

“I have something for you.” AJ said as he slowly pulled away.

 

“You do?” Rayne said a little stunned.  AJ reached into his robe pocket and pulled out a tiny silver chain, hooked on the middle of the chain was a small emerald like jewel.

“Avit gave it to me.” He said as he held it in his hands.  “This was Tsa’s, he said Marsa gave it to her after they married and now I want to give it too you.”  AJ unhooked the chain and lifted it up.  It wasn’t a necklace, or a bracelet, but a head piece.  The chain threaded through her hair, the small emerald jewel sitting gently on her forehead.  AJ walked behind her and locked the chain into place.  Slowly he turned her around to face him.  “Beautiful.” He said with a soft smile.

 

Rayne smiled as she looked at AJ, taking her hand back in his they left the platform and walked together down the bridge that AJ had walked down with Kel’Ryn.  When they reached the end of the bridge he turned and helped her, making sure she didn’t trip over her shawl.

 

“Did this just really happen?” Rayne asked with a smile as he took her in his arms.

 

“Yes” He said with a nod as his eyes drifted “Finally.”  Slowly they leaned in and kissed, their eyes not closing until the last second, their lips not wanting to part, and their hands still held onto each other tightly, never wanting to be broken apart again.

 

 

 

 

“There you are.” Kevin said as Nick turned around from the balcony he was leaning on.

 

“Hey” Nick said with a nod.

 

“What’s up?” Kevin asked as he joined him.

 

“Just thinking.” Nick said with a light sigh.

 

“Hey man, I was just busting your balls back there, you don’t have to rush to marry Nalia or anything.” Kevin told him and Nick couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“I’m not thinking about that.” Nick said as he looked back out towards the city of Kalica.  “I mean don’t get me wrong I’ve thought about it but she’s not like that, and she’s been busy getting Kalica back up and running.”

 

“Have you thought about it since things have calmed down?” Kevin asked.

 

“When have things calmed down?” Nick asked with another laugh.  “I thought things were getting better with the ceremony for Pomic and opening that city again but then Rayne got sick, and I got sort of lost, things have been rolling like crazy since.”

 

“What about now?” Kevin asked.

 

“Now? Now we need to find Pixca, we’re close Kevin, I know we are.” Nick said looking at him.  “She’s in that Castle, the closer I got to it, the more I could feel her, she’s even talked to me a few times.”

 

“Really?” Kevin said stunned.  “Does Nalia know?”

 

“Yeah, otherwise I don’t think she would have followed me everywhere.” Nick said with a smirk.

 

“Or she was making sure you didn’t kill yourself.” Kevin told him.

 

“Probably.” Nick admitted honestly.  “You still trippin about AJ and Rayne?”

 

“Naw” Kevin said shaking his head.  “I just hate not knowing.”  Nick smiled good to see some things in Kevin hadn’t changed.  “I’m glad he didn’t leave, it would be a little weird explaining it back home.”

 

“Cause he’s dead?” Nick asked.

 

“Yeah” Kevin nodded.

 

“Well I’m not going anywhere.” Nick said as he stood up straighter.

 

“How are things with you and Rossi?” Kevin asked.

 

“He’s still not talking to me, which makes me think he knows something.” Nick sighed.  “I don’t want to make things worse than they already are, and if we find out what happened there, at the Lava Castle, and this whole thing is the fault of the Dwarves, I dunno.”

 

“It can’t be easy knowing you’re the reason your God is missing.” Kevin said as they both looked out over the city.

 

“Then I’m going to redeem them by finding her.” Nick said with a light nod.  “Hey I had an idea.”

 

“Did it hurt?” Kevin asked as he raised his eyebrows.

 

“Dude” Nick sighed but he smiled anyways.

 

“What’s the idea?” Kevin asked as he laughed at him.

 

“Well there’s going to be a celebration right, so what if we did something for AJ and Rayne at the celebration.” Nick told him.

 

“When you say us you mean Me and the guys?” Kevin asked.

 

“Yeah, why don’t the four of us write a song and sing it for them.” Nick said.

 

“I dunno man we haven’t sung with each other in over three years. Well a year for you.” Kevin said thinking.

 

“There not going to be back for a couple of days and I sorta promised Nalia I would take a break from the whole Pixca thing until this wedding stuff was over.”

 

“So you need something to distract you.” Kevin said nudging him.

 

“Something like that.” Nick said laughing lightly.

 

“I think that’s a great idea man, we should talk to the others.” Kevin agreed.