- Text Size +

                         The Guardian Crusade

                                           Volume III

 

                                                              Chapter Two

 

“Alright man we’re all here so what’s going on?” Kevin asked as AJ stood at his desk.  Everyone was scattered around the room, Kevin and Brian sitting on the two chairs in front of him. Kristin sitting on the arm of the couch that sat against the wall.  Leigh A and Leigh B both sat on the couch beside her. Howie sat in a chair across from them and Nick and Nalia sat around his desk.

 

“Pixca” AJ said looking at them.  “Pixca brought her back because she believes with the way the world is now the Dryad needs protecting.”

 

“So is it really her?” Nalia asked.

 

“Yeah it’s her.” AJ said thinking back to Springs.  “She remembers everything, what happened in Ashmourn, being a Dryad, and why she was brought back.”

 

“Why would she need protecting?” Howie asked.

 

“From people, from the Dwarves from the Humans, even from the Elvaans, we just don’t know who could turn next maybe no one will.” He told them.

 

“So are you her protector now?” Nick replied quietly.

 

“We all are.” AJ told him.  “Pixca said it’s the new order, the new duty of the Guardians.”

 

“What about the people?” Nick asked as he looked up.  “Who will protect them?”

 

“She will.” AJ told him noticing the snarky demeanor in him.  “And we will help, nothing changes.”

 

“We’re baby sitters now?” Nick asked looking at him.

 

“Where is she?” Nalia asked ignoring Nick and changing the subject.

 

“Upstairs in our room with Avit and her Mom.” AJ told her.  “We keep what really happened between us, as far as the people and everyone else is concerned she got out, the less that know who she really is the better.”

 

“Why?” Brian asked.

 

“The door she closed leads to another world, the demon world is what Pixca calls it, if it opens then the Ashmourn we know returns and the next time they’re probably going to be a little pissed.” He replied.  “Plus, we locked them out but who’s to say we didn’t lock some of them in.”

 

“In hiding?” Kevin asked.

 

“Who knows, so we have to keep it quiet.”

 

“So then are we done here?” Nick asked looking at AJ.  Normally he would have teleported over to him and knock him right out of the chair but not today.

 

“Yeah we’re done here.” AJ said calmly to him.

 

“We need to get back to Kalica.” Nick said to Nalia as everyone started to leave.

 

“Ok, I will go see Rayne and then we will go.” She told him.

 

“Whatever, I’ll be in Kalica.” Nick sighed as he headed out of the door.

 

“Nick…Nick” Nalia said as AJ watched her chase him out of the room.

 

“Are you coming?” Kevin asked AJ as he stood at his desk.

 

“I’ll be up in a little bit.  Need to read the report Avit left for me.”

 

“Ok, I better go see if I can talk to Nick.” Kevin said as he lightly tapped on the top of the desk and then left the room.

 

Not being able to focus on what Avit had written AJ stood up and headed over to the large balcony doors in his office.  He unlocked them and pushed them open, the sound of the water fall flowed through out the room.  Letting go of them he walked out onto the balcony and rested his hands on the railing, leaning against it.  He stood there staring at the falls as his mind tried to play catch up.  This morning she was dead now she’s upstairs back in their bed. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes and exhaled, bringing his mind into focus.

 

“Alex?” A voice said from behind him and he turned around quickly.

 

“Rayne, what are you doing here?” He asked as he walked back into his office.

 

“I wanted to see you.” She told him.

 

“Well you could have sent someone darlin’ you need your rest.” He told her as he walked over too her.  AJ took her by the waist and headed towards the door to his office.

 

“I am fine.” She replied as she stopped them both, he looked at her confused.  Her hands gripped his waist; she pulled him against her and grasped his lips with hers.  Taken off guard AJ stumbled forward a little bit but his desk stopped them.  He put his hands down on the table top steadying himself as they both kissed with exhilaration.  Her hands began to unclip his robe as he laid his hands gently on the sides of her neck. 

 

“Wait” AJ mumbled through her lips, when she didn’t stop he pulled away. “The door.” He said breathless as Rayne began to caress his chest with her lips.  “Someone could…”

 

“I locked it.” She told him as her hands slid up his bare chest, over his shoulders pushing his robe off and letting it fall to the floor.  AJ looked at her for a moment and she looked at him.  Then their lips returned lustfully to each other and he began to unbutton her robe as he laid her down on the top of his desk.  With erotic hunger their bodies careened against each others, their impassioned moans muffled by skin and kisses.  Their bodies embraced as the couple peaked and as quickly as the lust filled moment started it ended.  AJ held himself over her, his arms on either side of her as her fingers tangled in his long dark hair.  His eyes drifted down her naked body, her robe now lying under her like a blanket.  AJ slipped his arm under her and sat her up.  Her hands drifted down his chest and her lips returned to caress it some more.  He closed his eyes as he ran his fingers through her hair.

 

Without saying a word the couple helped each other get dressed and then they held each other.  A knock at the door broke them from their moment, AJ looked down at her and she lightly smiled letting him go.  As she walked over to one of the chairs she flipped her hair around and clipped it up.  AJ walked over to the door and opened it; he smiled when he saw Avit.

 

“Am I disturbing you?” Avit asked.

 

“No, come in.” AJ replied as he stepped back.  His General walked into the room and bowed when he saw Rayne sitting in the chair.

 

“Rayne” He said with a smile more than happy to see her again.

 

“Hello Avit.” She smiled back.

 

“So what did you need?” AJ asked as he walked over to his desk.  “I haven’t read much about the meeting over Rossi.” AJ told him.

 

“We can discuss that later right now I am here for another matter.” Avit said to AJ.

 

“What’s that?” He asked.

 

“Word is getting around fast many of Winnol citizens have gathered outside the doors.”

 

“I see” AJ said taking a deep breath.

 

“Lady Halian has gone to Sarila to see how things are there and inform Jaina; Lady Nalia has done the same thing.” Avit told him.

 

“What did you want to do?” AJ asked Rayne as he looked at her.

 

“Tell them what they heard is true, that I am indeed alive but tell them we will speak to them tomorrow as I need my rest.” She said to Avit and AJ couldn’t help but smile to himself at the comment.

 

“Very well.” Avit said with a nod.  The General turned around and left the room.

 

AJ walked over to the side of her chair taking her hand as he knelt down beside her.  She looked at him and smiled.  Slowly she leaned in and tenderly kissed him, letting her fingers flutter down his ear.  “So, you need rest.” AJ whispered as their eyes fixated onto each others.  Rayne smiled with a giggle as she nodded returning her lips back to his and lustfully pushed him onto the floor.

 

 

 

 

“Nickolas stop!” Nalia yelled as they rushed down the hallway in the Kalica Castle.  This time unlike the other eighty times she yelled he actually stopped, like a kid not getting the toy he wanted.

 

“What!?” He yelled back as he spun around.

 

“Why are you acting like this?” She spoke with anger and her finger pointed at him with force.

 

“Like what? Like I’m trying to figure out why Rossi hid what happened? Trying to deal with the fact he’s kicked me out and why I always get stuck with the greediest fucking parents in the world!” Nick yelled at her.  “Not to mention I lost my best friend because he thinks it’s my fault Rayne died.”

 

“He blames Pixca.” Nalia said as she tried to take his hands but he pulled away from her.

 

“Who did she talk to, me” Nick snapped at her.  “Who led us there, me.”

 

“Well do you blame yourself?” She asked.

 

“No, how was I to know about some stupid fucking right of passage or doors and shit.”

 

“He will get over it Nick, especially now that she’s back.” Nalia told him.

 

“What about you?”

 

“What about me?” She asked.

 

“You think I haven’t noticed? Going to bed before me, after me, the small talk, and the constant coming to his defense when ever he went off on me, say it Nalia, you blamed me too.”

 

“I did not.” She said shocked.

 

“Excuse me?” Evia said as she stood behind Nick by the staircase.  They both turned they’re attention to her, her arms were at her side, hands on her hips and she stared both of them down.  “Is there a reason you two seem fit to fight here in my halls?” She asked.

 

“Sorry Mother” Nalia said a little embarrassed.

 

“Sorry” Nick said as he looked away.  He then headed down the hall and entered their room.  Nalia sighed as she turned around and headed back to the Winnol globe room.  She stopped in front of the doors as a thought went through her mind.  Slowly she turned around and walked across the hall and stood in front of the Tokia doors.  With a deep breath she opened them and sent herself through to the other side.

 

When she got there though she received a greeting she was not expecting.  Two guards stood at her with their swords out, staring at her.  Nalia looked at them stunned and then composed herself.

 

“I wish to speak to Rossi.” She told them.  The men looked at each other and then took her by the arms and walked her out of the room.  They walked down the hall and she felt herself very uneasy as they took her to Rossi like she was some kind of prisoner.  One guard knocked on Rossi’s door and waited to be called in.

 

“She wishes to speak with yee King.” The guard told the man who opened the door.  Nalia heard some mumbling and then the door opened wider.  They walked into the meeting room and she saw Rossi sitting at his desk. 

 

“Kneel.” The guard said to her and she looked at him.  “Kneel” He said quickly as he jerked his sword at her.  Slowly Nalia got down on her knees.

 

“Yee have a lot of nerve coming here.” Rossi said to her from his desk.

 

“I want to speak to you about Nick.” She told him as she looked at the guards still standing beside her.  “Really Rossi is this necessary.”

 

“I do not wish to speak about Nickolas and yes it is necessary.” He told her.

 

“Why?”

 

“Yee are a Guardian?” He asked as he looked at her and the stare he gave her made the hair on the back of her neck stand up.  “Take her to Uldice.” Rossi told them.

 

“Where?” She asked as the men grabbed her by the arms.  “Rossi?” She shouted as she looked at him confused.  Then something covered her mouth and she tried to fight it off but the smell made her dizzy.  As Nalia fell back onto the floor they pulled the cloth away and she looked at Rossi standing over her.  “Nick…will…come…”

 

“I am counting on it lass.” He said to her as her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she passed out.