- Text Size +

The Guardian Crusade

Volume III

                                                             Epilogue

           

            His eyes watched with furry.  There under him as he stood in the rafters of the Winnol Auditorium he saw them.  His Sister, His Mother, and His Father, they were all there brought back by those Elvaan friends of Rayne.  His eyes darted to her; she was hanging off of Alexander’s neck like a drunken wrench from the tavern.  He growled deeply.

 

            Dyn fought the urge to jump down and attack them all when they least expected it. This wasn’t the time.  Now was not the place.  He would let them forget about him, he would let them be a family again and then, then he will take them away.  His eyes drifted to his Father.

 

“Resented for years because of who I was not…” He whispered angrily as he stood up still staring at the Elvaan man.  “Punished for the feelings of my heart…” He looked at Rayne and then closed his eyes. He disappeared without anyone knowing he was there.  When he opened them again he was standing on the beach where the men had found him.  He stared out to the ocean and then up to the sky.  The clouds went from white to a dark looming grey in a second; lightning raced across the sky and then shot down into the now ruff waters of the Ocean.  “You will feel the pain you caused me!” Dyn growled as he clenched his hand in a fist. The storm began to get stronger.  “One by one I will take them all away just like you took everything from me.” Thunder rumbled shaking the ground below him but he didn’t falter.  “Even after you kill Loki and you wonder what is next, I will be there, reminding you every single day…”  A giant wave roared into the sky, it raced its way towards Dyn and then the Elvaan put out his hand and stopped the wave dead in its tracks.  “That I will be the reason you sleep alone.” He hissed staring at the monstrous wave.

 

AJ sat on the windowsill and looked out to the giant tree fall as it fell into the pond below.  His eyes darted to the clouds as he noticed a storm rolling in.  He took a deep breath and thought about what had happened today.  He lightly laughed to himself and then that’s when he realized he wasn’t alone in the room. 

 

“What is so funny?” Rayne asked as she sat down in front of him.

 

“All those years I spent running after my Father, wishing and hoping I would get the family I wanted and now…” He paused and a light smile broke from his lips.  “When I thought I didn’t need that dream anymore, it comes true.”

 

Rayne smiled as she placed her hand on the side of his neck.  She leaned in and kissed him and he got lost in it for a moment.  His eyes opened when she pulled away and he looked at her.  “You’re friends are getting ready to go now.” She told him.

 

“You know it is nice that they now have these stones and all but…” He stopped as he grabbed the door and opened it for her but she waited for him to finsh.

 

“But what?” She asked.

 

“If Kevin starts showing up everyday, just to ‘See how things are’ I might break it.” AJ sighed and Rayne lightly laughed.

 

“Come” She said as she looped her arm through his and lead them out of the room.

 

“So where are your Mom and Dad?” AJ asked.

 

“They went back to Drisel with Jaina to get settled.” She told him with the brightest smile he had ever seen.  “And no one has seen Avit or Nati since we left the Auditorium.” And the way she talked made him laugh. They both laughed and giggled like school kids all the way to Alex’s meeting room. When AJ walked in he saw his friends there, he saw Nick and Nalia and he saw Marsa and Tsa.  Kevin was the first too see them walk in and his friend walked over to him. 

 

“Still not use to not having to at least bend a bit to hug you.” Kevin said and then he pulled AJ in for a hug.  He laughed as he hugged his friend back.  “And you…” His friend said looking to Rayne.  “Make sure he stays out of trouble.”  His wife smiled and hugged Kevin as she nodded.

 

“Prick” AJ said looking to Brian.

 

“Asshole” Brian said back with a smile.

 

“So are you actually going to use that thing?” AJ asked nodding to the stone necklace he wore.

 

“If I don’t bring Leigh-Anne back here once in a while, she’ll divorce me.” Brian sighed and AJ laughed.

 

“Well she will always have a place at my Castle….you can just poof back home.” AJ replied tauntingly.  Brian rolled his eyes with a laugh as he walked back over to his wife.  AJ and Rayne followed and said goodbye to Leigh-Anne.  They then said goodbye to Howie and Leigh.

 

AJ watched as his friends placed their hands around the stone and then each one started to glow.  The bright rainbow colours soon engulfed them and then when it dispersed his friends were gone.

 

“So, what are you guys doing now?” AJ asked as he turned to Nick and Nalia.  He looked at Nalia, her eyes brown and beaming. He smiled.

 

“I’m going to check on Mela.” Nick said. 

 

“We should talk soon on what to do about the Dwarves.” Rayne said as AJ looked at her.

 

“Do you think we can trust them?” AJ asked.

 

“I don’t think Kimiri would have let her come back if we couldn’t.” Nick replied.

 

“I agree” Nalia replied with a nod.

 

“Alex” Marsa said and AJ looked at him.  “May I have a moment?” He asked.

 

“Sure” AJ replied with a nod.

 

“I am going to Drisel for a moment and see how my Mother and Father are doing.” Rayne said with a soft smile.

 

“Okay” He replied and gave her a quick kiss before she left.

 

When AJ turned around he noticed Tsa was leaving with Rayne and he looked at Marsa. “Is everything alright?” He asked.

 

“My mind is still a little foggy when it comes to my memories but…” The old man paused.  “Your Brother is still alive and I fear once he finds out your Mother, Sister and I have returned…”

 

“Yeah I know” AJ said with a sigh. 

 

“Once Avit…” He paused and quickly corrected himself.  “I will find Avit and make sure we prepare properly.” AJ told him and Marsa smiled.

 

“You have come a long way my Son.” Marsa told him and AJ felt his face go red.  “I am so proud of you.”  His eyes looked to Marsa and this weird feeling of peace came over him.

 

“Thanks” AJ replied with a shy smile.  That was not something he was use too.  Marsa put his arm around his shoulders and they walked out of the meeting room.

 

“Of course you know this means that now I am back, I get my crown back too.” Marsa said and AJ stopped.  He looked at the man for a moment and then smiled.

 

“Good luck with that.” He replied and started walking again.  When Marsa caught up to him the Elvaan was laughing…

 

“No not the Elvaan.” AJ thought. “My Dad.”