- Text Size +
It had been four of the most wonderful days of her life but the weekend was quickly approaching. Two whole days she wouldn't get to talk to him. Look into those beautiful blue eyes as they shared the previous day's events. She still had no idea what he did but he was very real and she was starting to feel a twinge of guilt every time she talked to her 'boyfriend' online. It's not like they had any ties. They hadn't even met in public so in all truth it wasn't cheating. She was so torn but knew she wouldn't feel right if she didn't tell him soon.

She finished loading her dishwasher then grabbed a diet Dr. Pepper from the refrigerator before settling down in front of her laptop on the kitchen table. If this guy could only see her in her baggy pink sweats and oversized T-shirt, hair pulled up in a ponytail. All this work just to get the attention of a man. She needed her comfort clothes at night and her friends just rolled their eyes. It was the one thing she wouldn’t give in on. She popped the top on the can and flipped the screen up. 7:45 on the dot. Taking a deep breath, she signed in. The guy was punctual because there was a box on the screen already.


BTL220: Where are you Maggie? I’m waiting…..patiently :)
Ladybug55: Hey! I’m here now. How are you?
BTL220: Long day. How was yours?
Ladybug55: The same old, same old.


But it wasn’t. Her life was changing. How could she tell him without hurting his feelings? It was going to happen no matter when she did it.


BTL220: You know what they say about all work and no play. :p
Ladybug55: You think I don’t have any fun?
BTL220: I didn’t say that but you could prove me wrong.
Ladybug55: How?
BTL220: Meet me for coffee in the morning.


He knew he was taking a risk by asking her for coffee but maybe he should have her meet him at another Starbuck’s. It’s not like there isn’t not one on every corner. He waited for her answer.

Time to break the poor boy’s heart. Here we go.


Ladybug55: I think there’s something you should know.
BTL220: You don’t like men.
Ladybug55: LOL It’s not that. I…it’s just that I met someone. And I really like him.
BTL220:Oh.
Ladybug55: I’m so sorry. I feel bad now.
BTL220: Meet me anyway. We can still be friends can’t we?


He wasn’t mad. Wow. Okay.


Ladybug55: Okay. Where?
BTL220: You’re not just humoring me are ya?
Ladybug55: No. I’d like to meet you. You’re a nice guy. So few of you out there.
BTL220:We are a rare breed. :) So what’s your favorite color?
Ladybug55: Um…..Peach. Why?
BTL220: I’ll have to have something with me so you know how to identify me.
Ladybug55: Okay.
BTL220: A peach colored rose it is.


So after he told her where to meet him she realized that she wouldn’t be getting to see her real live potential man tomorrow. The anticipation would kill him as much as it would her. Three days. That seemed like forever but she wasn’t one to go back on her word. One good thing her parents instilled in her. Now she had to find something to wear. Oh God! She was becoming one of them. It was a good thing right? Of course. You’re supposed to want to look your best at all times. She’d just never thought of it until now. She settled on a knee length floral print skirt with a cabbage hem and a peach colored blouse to go with it. Her white pumps would work nicely with that. So that was out of the way.

Should she be nervous? No! He’s just a friend after all. You have a few of those she reminded herself as she grabbed the book off her bedside table. She reached over and set her alarm knowing she had a tendency to fall asleep reading. She settled under the covers and lost herself in yet another historical romance.




He looked at his watch one more time to make sure he wasn’t too early. He was going to wait until she arrived to order. It was the polite thing to do after all. He knew he shouldn’t be nervous but she had got under his skin just like Maggie at the other Starbuck’s. Sure he was dying to see her but he knew he had to put this behind him before he moved on with her. Maybe she overslept. Or maybe she was just pretending to be a nice girl then decided you weren’t worth the time and effort. Stop it! She’ll be here. He turned his wrist to look at the time just as she walked in the door.

She searched the shop and when her eyes landed on the owner of the rose, her heart stopped. It couldn’t be.

His eyes met hers. Could it be?