- Text Size +

“Bridget” Nick called me from the porch door. “Can you come in for a sec?” he asked. I walked up to the house and I noticed that there was a tall, bit chubby, bald guy standing at Nick’s. I went inside and Nick introduced me to him. “Bridget, I’d like to introduce you to Steve. Steve, this is Bridget, the girl Lauren and I told you about” he said. I shook his hand. “Nice to meet you” I said. “Nice to meet you to” he said. “You two can follow me to my study” Nick said.
Nick showed us the study and left us alone. I felt a bit nervous. “Are you nervous” Steve asked. “A little” I said shy. “Don’t be, really there’s no need for that” he smiled. “Listen up, we need somebody  who is able to manage groups of BSB fans during the VIP events. It’s your responsibility to collect them at the venue before the concert. You check if their name is on a list and, depending on what VIP package they bought, you bring them in on different times into and out of the venue. In the mean time you pay attention to fans who might freak out to much.  You calm them down and, if necessary, you tell them to act a little normal or else they are removed from the event. Part of the job also is guiding people with bad eye – sight or handicaps trough the VIP event. We want all the fans to have the best experience of their lives, given the fact that they’d paid a lot of money for these VIP events  to get a glimpse of our “Big Four” he smiled. After the VIP events you get a one hour break. You can go eat with the guys and fresh up a little. After the break the doors of the venue are opened and the massive fan – crowd comes in. The boys are preparing themselves for the show and  your job, during that moment, is to make sure that the fans who are disabled, fans who are depending on  wheelchairs and those from the VIP events with bad eye sight etcetera are safely guided to the special platform created for them near the stage.  Another responsibility are the events involving the “Make a Wish foundation” and the personal foundations the guys individually started. It basically comes down to when there are meet and greets with fans  involved you are there too doing the same stuff you do with the VIP events” he said. “Wow, that’s sounds awesome” I said. “I think this is a dream job”.  “Well, Nick told me about your working experience. Did you brought your resume?”he asked. “Yep, I did” I said and took it out of my purse. I gave it to him. He looked at the piece of paper and grinned. “Hey, you worked for my brother” he smiled “Joe Cameron” he said cheerful. My eyes grew large “Are you serious?” I said surprised “Is Joe your brother? Cool. I had such a blast working for him” I said. “I was so sad that my assignment ended last summer” I said. “I’m going to give him a call right now okay” he smiled. “Oh sure please tell him I said hi” I said. “Oh well I’ll put him on speaker, then you can say hi to him yourself” he said. He dialed Joe’s number and Joe picked up. “Hey bro’, how are you my man” I heard Joe cheering to Steve. “Hey bro’, listen I have a beautiful girl here who is applying for a job as a VIP event host for BSB events. I think you know her. Bridget Wilson is her name” he said. “Really” Joe said. “Hey Bridge, how are you?” he asked. “Hi Joe, I’m fine thanks” I said. “Listen bro’, You should definitely hire her. She’s a good one. And she knows how to handle crowds and crazy fans. And more importantly you can trust her. She worked with a couple of my clients and she delivered a real good job” he said. “Okay, Joe, thank you. I’m going to call you later tonight ok” Steve said. “Ok bro’, talk to ya later” Joe said and the connection went down. “Well it’s obvious that my brother is fond of you” he smiled. “How much money would you like to get each month” he asked. “Ehm, I don’t know. What is regular” I asked. “Well Caitlin gets $ 2000,00 each months. You are 3 years younger than she is so I think $ 1700,00 is fair” he said. “Yeah, sure, that sounds good” I said surprised. I didn’t expect that amount. At Joe’s I earned less money for doing the same job.     

 
“Ok, well your first day is going to be upcoming Tuesday. The boys have a gig in Toronto. We’ll pick Nick and Lauren up at eight in the morning and I expect you the be there also” he said. “Tuesday I’ll have the contract ready. It’s going to be a contract for a year. But If you do a good job maybe I’ll change the contract into a steady one” he said. “Ok, thank you” I smiled. He got up and I followed his move. He gave me a hug. “Please make me proud girl” he said cheerful”. “I will” I promised.


By the time we got back in the living room Howie, Leigh and AJ and Rochelle had arrived and they were at the pool enjoying their drinks. Kevin and Kristen couldn’t make it this night. We got back in the living room. Nick looked at us curious. Steve smiled at him “Are the rest of the guys outside?” he asked. “Yes” Nick nodded. We went outside and Steve called everybody together. “Guys, and girls” he smiled. “I have an announcement to make” he said. It was silent for a couple of seconds. “We have a new crewmember. Guys and girls, meet Bridget. Our new BSB crewmember” Steve smiled. “Whooooo” the crowd cheered. “Wow that’s awesome” Nick cheered.”Time for some Champaign” he said and walked back into the house.  Everybody congratulated me. Aaron walked up to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek. Gosh I felt my knees getting week and my heart pounding faster. “I’m happy for you” he said with his soft voice. “Thanks” I responded shy. He held his arm around me for a while and smiled at me.


Within an hour all the guests arrived and Lauren’s brother, who volunteered to be the DJ for the night, started to rock the place. He occasionally did this at local clubs. The party was great and everybody was enjoying the music, company, food and the liquor. I had a few drinks myself and got a little tipsy. Of course there were a couple guests who got pretty wasted. My “new found colleagues” also got to a point where driving a car wasn’t responsible anymore. Fortunately nobody had to drive that night. Brian and Leighanne stayed over, me and Aaron did also, and AJ, Rochelle, Howie and Leigh and Kevin and Kristen already arranged a cab which was available at any moment.
After two hours of non – stop dancing the DJ announced a half an hour “slow dance” for the crowd to cool down a bit. Aaron walked up to me and asked me if I’d like to join him for a dance. I did. While the music of “Something About The Way You Look Tonight” by Elton John played we danced slowly. We didn’t speak but I could see, by the look in his eyes and his gentle touch, that Aaron enjoyed it.


Something About The Way You Look Tonight – Elton John
There was a time,
I was everything and nothing all in one
When you found me
I was feeling like a cloud across the sun
I need to tell ya,
How you light up every second of the day
But in the moonlight
You just shine like a beacon on the bay

And I can´t explain,
But there´s something about the way you look tonight
Takes my breath away
It´s that feeling I get about you deep inside
And I can´t describe
But there´s something about the way you look tonight
Takes my breath away
The way you look tonight

With a smile
You pull the deepest secrets from my heart,
In all honesty
I´m speechless and I don't know where to start

And I can´t explain
But there´s something about the way you look tonight
Oh takes my breath away
It's that feeling I get about you deep inside
And I can´t describe
But there´s something about the way you look tonight,
Takes my breath away,
The way you look tonight.

The way you look tonight
The way you look tonight
The way you look tonight
The way you look tonight,
The way you look tonight
The way you look tonight,
The way you look tonight


I laid my head on his shoulder and we slowly danced at this wonderful song. The butterflies ran through my stomach. I looked up at him and he brought his face closer to mines. Right at the very second our kiss would take place, Nick tapped Aaron on the shoulder. “Do you mind if I take over?” he asked.  Damn, I thought. Why now.

The music of Maroon 5 She Will Be Loved
started playing.
Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else

I drove for miles and miles
And wound up at your door
I’ve had you so many times but somehow
I want more


I don’t mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay a while
And she will be loved
She will be loved

Tap on my window knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful
I know I tend to get so insecure
It doesn’t matter anymore


It’s not always rainbows and butterflies
It’s compromise it moves us along
My heart is full and my doors always open
You come anytime you want

I don’t mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay a while
And she will be loved
She will be loved


I know where you hide
Alone in your car
Know all of the things that make you who you are
I know that goodbye means nothing at all
Comes back and begs me to catch her every time she falls


“Are you alright” Nick asked while dancing. “I am, thank you” I said softly. He had his arm around my back and the other held my hand. “Listen, I’m sorry if Lauren and I pushed you a little bit into Aaron’s arms. I can understand if it all is a bit too much right now” he said with a soft sweet tone in his voice. “Oh  no, please don’t worry about that. I have a great night and Aaron is so sweet to me. It’s OK” I said. “Are you sure? Because I know that Aaron sometimes gets a little carried away when it comes to women. And he can be quite overwhelming” he said worried. I smiled “Thank you Nick, for… for caring” I said. “You don’t have to do that, you know”. Nick gave me a brotherly smile. “I know, but me and Lauren love you like a sister. And besides, that’s what big brothers do. They take care of their sisters. And if I can do anything that will make you happy, I will. Even if it means a “good, long talk” with Aaron to let him bug off” he said and he gave me a blink. I smiled and give him a long big hug.

“Excuse me, but can I take over now?” Aaron tapped Nick on his shoulder. Nick looked over his shoulder at Aaron. Aaron somehow seemed to get his hands on a red rose. “How on earth did you get that rose Aaron” Nick smiled. “Ehm, well, it doesn’t matter where I got it” he said while blushing. “If you attacked the rose – bush in the back of the garden, I promise I’ll kill you” Nick said pretending to be mad. “But I’ll leave the two of you now. My girlfriend wants a dance too” he smiled and walked away towards Lauren. 

She gave him a big smile and a kiss and they started dancing together. “Ah, they are such a cute couple together” I sighed. “Yes they are, we all had to get used to one another but she’s the best thing that ever happened to my brother” Aaron said while we both looked at them. We continued our slow-dancing. “I really love this party, do you?” he asked me. “Yeah me too” I smiled. He stroked my back gently. I felt so calm and at ease with him. I started to develop feelings for him. I know I promised myself not to do that but I couldn’t help it. Of course me being tipsy didn’t help either. What the hell, I thought. It’s just for a night right.

“Ladies and gentlemen” the DJ yelled “we are playing the very last slow – dance song before we are rocking this party again and it’s going to be (the sounds of drums came along) Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. So every cowboy in here, grab your misses and dance. This is It’s Your Love”. We saw Leighanne and Brian rushing to the dance floor. Me and Aaron followed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. I could smell his delicious scent. The music started. My heart melted. The touch of his hands on my body caused a tingly feeling. It made the butterflies racing my stomach.

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill – It’s your love

Dancin' in the dark
Middle of the night
Takin' your heart
And holdin' it tight

Emotional touch
Touchin' my skin
And askin' you to do
What you've been doin' all over again


-    Aaron looked at me with his dazzling smile. As we slowly danced I drowned in his eyes. His head came closer to my face. It felt like we were all alone on the dance floor.

Oh, it's a beautiful thing
Don't think I can keep it all in
I just gotta let you know
What it is that won't let me go

It's your love
It just does somethin' to me
It sends a shock right through me
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
About the spell I'm under
It's your love


I looked at him and play backed these words. Aaron gave me his most beautiful and tender smile which made me completely mesmerized by his gaze. I sighed and I couldn’t hold back my feelings anymore. 

Better than I was
More than I am
And all of this happened
By takin' your hand

And who I am now
Is who I wanted to be
And now that we're together
I'm stronger than ever
I'm happy and free


He lipsynced these words sang by Tim McGraw while cupping my face with his hands and finally his soft, sweet lips touched mine. Oh God, Thank You, I said in silence to our Heavenly Father. My knees got weak and I kissed him back. He  pressed his tongue gently in my mouth and mine met his. I closed my eyes and enjoyed this kiss. Our tongues where slowly dancing circles together.

Oh, it's a beautiful thing
Don't think I can keep it all in, no
And if you asked me why I changed
All I gotta do is say your sweet name

It's your love
It just does somethin' to me
It sends a shock right through me
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
About the spell I'm under
It's your love
Oh, baby


We completely forgot everything and everybody around us. I didn’t knew love could be like this. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my body against his. I wanted to be one with him. Our lips and tongues were still connected and this was honestly the best, and I mean the really best, kiss ever.

Oh, it's a beautiful thing
Don't think I can keep it all in
I just gotta let you know
What it is that won't let me go

It's your love
It just does somethin' to me
It sends a shock right through me
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
About the spell I'm under
It's your love
It's your love
It's your love


As the music slowly died in the background me and Aaron awoke of a breathtaking kiss in the middle of the dance floor. I opened my eyes and his eyes pierced into mines. I sighed and a real big smile came on my face. Aaron smiled back at me and kissed me on my lips. “It looks like there are some lovebirds on the dance floor who have found each other during this song” the DJ joked around. My cheeks got red and I glanced briefly around the dance floor. I saw Leighanne and Brian, Lauren, Nick, Howie, Leigh and lots of other people looking at us, smiling. “Shall we get something to drink” I mumbled to Aaron. Aaron had a proud grin on his face. “Sure honey, come on let’s go” he laid his hands on my hips and gave me a kiss in my neck while we got of the dance – floor.