- Text Size +

 

“Let me clarify MY point to you” Nick’s anger was building up inside as he raised his voice facing  Howie “for months we have been discussing the tour. Every tour date, every venue, which songs, which hotels we should stay in, the clothes, the food, the time tables, dance routines, which talk shows we must attend and so on. Now please tell me something, how is it possible that, all of the sudden, tour dates are added without ANY ONE BOTHERINGTELLING ME” Nick yelled the last words.  “DON’T YOU DARE YELLING AT ME NICK” Howie yelled back at him.” For I am not the one who’s mind is everywhere but here” Howie snapped back. “In fact we did discuss this during our meeting, last week, but maybe it didn’t had YOUR ATTENTION AS USUAL LATELY!” Howie felt he’d lost his patience towards Nick. It was one thing that he had a new girlfriend, which was wonderful of course and she was very sweet and fun to hang around with, but Nick wasn’t interested in Backstreet stuff at all, lately. And of course when you are in love, especially in the beginning, it’s hard to focus on work, that’s all understandable but he now crossed the line with his fury.  It became very annoying to the rest of the group and crewmembers to fix his mess. Nick was supposed to arrange the opening act but last week it became painfully clear that he still hadn’t done it. Howie stepped up for him and quickly managed to arrange the openings act instead. “Oh yeah? Well I don’t believe you” Nick got up from his seat and walked over to Howie. AJ quickly stepped in front of Howie. “Don’t worry Alex, if he wants to punch me he’s more than welcome” Howie said calm. “Oh am I now?” Nick replied provoking “Get out of my way Alex”. “Or else what, Nick” AJ became angry “you are gonna hit me in, just like you want to do with Howie. You know what, if this is the only way for you to settle this, maybe we should fire you” he said calmly. “What?” Nick frowned. “I didn’t knew you had a hearing problem as well” AJ said sarcastically. Jenny stepped in between AJ and Nick and interfered “Guys, time for lunch. I want you back here within an hour. Nick, I want you to stay here for a couple of minutes. We need to talk”

Everybody left the room except for Nick and Jenny. “You want a soda?” Jen asked while she took one for herself out of the little refrigerator. “Sure” he answered. She walked back to table “Sit down”. He did as he was told. “Now tell me, what’s wrong? Does it have anything to do with your new girlfriend?” she asked while opening her can. Nick took a deep breath “actually it does. You know Jen, I really love her. And the thought of not seeing her that long is killing me”. “But you don’t have to be without her. Why don’t you take her with you on tour?” Jen smiled. “You have your own bus and besides the other guys are also allowed to take their wives and girlfriends with them. I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to do the same”. Nick sighed “Well the thing is, she doesn’t have days left  for vacation, this year”. “Well be a man, call her boss and tell him you’ll pay for the extra days. If you really want to show her your love you should do this”. “But what if her boss says no?” “Come on Nick, use your persuasive power. He won’t say no. Not if you explain why” she smiled.