- Text Size +

 

“Listen, you are going to call her boss today and the minute he says yes you come to me and I’ll make sure plane tickets are booked on her name and all the other stuff will be arranged for her to come with us. But, there is a but in this story” she said. “Sure, I’ll do anything” Nick had a real big smile on his face.  “I want you” she continued “to make your biggest most sincerest apology ever towards the guys and the crew and”.  Nick interrupted “sure”. “No Nick, let me finish what I’m about to say. I want you to apologize for  your attitude during this meeting , for letting us down since you are in love and, probably the most important thing, especially the way you behaved towards Howie today. He did cover your back when you  failed to get us an opening act. They didn’t deserve to be treated that way”. Nick felt ashamed. He had been acting like a child and he knew it. “You’re right, I was very unreasonable. I will apologize to them” he said hoarse while gazed at the floor. “Now go have something to eat and make up to them” Jen smiled and blinked at him. “I will” he blushed and walked out of the meeting room. 

 

On his way to the cafeteria he became nervous to face the others. His behavior had been way out of proportion. As he came near to  the cafeteria his heart pounded in his throat and his hands where sweaty. He walked through the door. Everybody was having lunch and chatted with whoever was sitting at their table. Nick grabbed himself a plate and a couple of sandwiches, a salad and a bottle of water. He looked to see where the guys were sitting and they had chosen a table in the back of the room. He walked up to them and as he got to the table he coughed softly “sorry, is this seat taken” he asked shy facing the floor. “Whatever you want” Brian’s voice sounded cold. Nick noticed the conversations had immediately stopped. He took the seat and sat down. After he placed his plate to the table he dared to look at the guys. “Ehm I’m sorry I’m not good at this” he scraped his throat and became very red. “ I want you all to know that I am very, very sorry for the way that I’ve been treating you lately. You guys don’t deserve to be treated this way. I’m sorry for my attitude this morning. I don’t want to make excuses for the way I acted but you see, I thought that I wasn’t going to see Kirsten for quite a while and I found that very difficult. I don’t think I can miss her that long. Hell, I don’t even know if I can even miss her for one night. And when Jen told me there were more tour dates and that the tour was extended with another week something snapped inside of me. I’m sorry guys. I shouldn’t have yelled at you. And Howie, I’m so sorry” Nick felt the lump in his throat. He looked up towards Howie while a tear ran down his face. Howie had a little smile on his face. He got up from his seat and walked over to Nick who also got up. Without a word Howie gave him a hug. “It’s okay buddy. I understand. Now go have some lunch okay” Howie smiled. “And the rest of you?” Nick asked. AJ nodded “apology accepted. But next time I will punch you first” he said with his raspy voice. Nick smiled “that’s a deal”. “So what is going to happen with you and Kirsten” Brian asked. “Well, Jen told me she could come with us too” Nick smiled. “Oh, that’s good news” Brian replied ecstatic. “Yes it is. The only problem now is that she doesn’t have spare days left to take another vacation. But Jen already mentioned that I should call her boss, without her knowing of course, to make it happen anyway. So that’s what I’m going to do this afternoon” Nick smiled from ear to ear. “Wow, I keep my fingers crossed!” Brian smiled. The rest of the lunch was nice and relaxed. 

 

The girls were having a blast while shopping and the boys were busy with their work. During the afternoon Nick called Kirsten’s boss and settled the vacation. Her boss was such a friendly guy and felt there was absolutely no problem in her taking a long break. “Go make her happy” the guy had said to him. Nick made sure the money for the extra days was send to him immediately. He then informed Jenny and couldn’t wait to get home that night to surprise her. Gosh he felt so relieved. Now they could stay together and she could get used a little to life on the road.