- Text Size +

Nick woke up with Kirsten still asleep in his arms. Their legs were strangled in eachother. He thaught about what happened late last night. He was shocked to found out about the miscarriage. The fact that they didn't knew eachother that long was no problem for him. He always knew he wanted kids someday and given the fact that he was 32, now would be a good time for it. And Kirsten would definately be a great mom. He knew for sure she was suitable. The way she was able to handle AJ and other strange dogs and make them listen in a natural kind of way felt like a promise for when kids would come around.

Kirsten moved in her sleep. Nick smiled and wrapped his arms tighter around her. Her head was now between his chin and shoulder. He felt her warm breath against his neck.

He kissed her forehead and that's when she woke up. Her eyes opened and as soon as she saw Nick a smile apeared on her face.

"Hey gorgeous, did you sleep well?"

"I've been awake a lot" Kirsten yawned and rolled closer against Nick's body.

"Do you still feel cramps or is the pain less then last night" Nick played with a string of her hair.

"I still feel cramps. Even through the medication. And I bleed a lot. But that should be over within a day or three" she stared at the ceiling.

"About the baby thing..." Nick started.

"Sweetie, can we talk about it later? Don't get me wrong it's not like I don't want kids but I need a little time to get over this. It's been a little intens for me" tears welled up in Kirsten's eyes.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. Of course it can wait" Nick kissed her forehead and held her close "it's okay ssshht, it's okay baby. I love you".

Hearing these words made Kirsten even more emotional. The tears poured over her face. For a moment she couldn't stop crying. And all this time Nick held her in silence stroking her hair and her back.

After a couple of minutes Kirsten got her emotions in control and dried her eyes "I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to cry like that".

"Don't apologize princess. Never apologize over your emotions" Nick kissed her.

"Shall I make you breakfast?" Nick asked "that way you can take a shower and relax a little".

"Yes I'd like that baby" Kirsten smiled.

Nick walked out of the room. Only seconds later he returned. "Sweety, there is someone who's dying to see you" he smiled. He looked over his shoulder "come in buddy, come".

AJ ran inside the room wagging his tail and jumping on the bed with joy as soon as he saw Kirsten. It was as if AJ sensed something had happened to his owner because besides of his enthousiastic entrance he was very gentle, almost careful, in his approach to her. Kirsten petted her dog and AJ curled up near her with his head on her lap.

Nick felt heartbroken by the sad look on her face. He wanted to do something to make her feel better. He put on his glasses and some clothes and went downstairs to the kitchen. He took his cell and called Jen.

"Jen"
"Hey Jen, it's Nick"
"Hi Nick, how are you?"
"I'm fine and you?"
"Me too"
"Great! Listen can you get me the number of Cesar Millan, the dogwhisperer?"
"The dogwhisperer? Why? Are you having troubles with your dogs?" Jen laughed
"No" Nick laughed "promise not to tell anyone?"
"Sure, my lips are sealed".
"I want to arrange a surprise for Kirsten. She's a dogwhisperer fanatic" he smiled.
"Really? Ah that's sweet. I'll look it up for you and call you later today ok"
"Uhm is it possible to email me instead of calling? That way Kirsten won't find out".
"Sure".
"Thanks Jen"
"It's okay"

Nick made pancakes for breakfast with whipped cream and blueberries. He also made coffee and fresh orange juice.

After he was ready setting the table he heard human and dog footsteps coming  from the stairs.

The door opened and Kirsten and AJ came in.

"Oh, that looks delicious honey" Kirsten came up to him for a kiss.

After they ate breakfast Kirsten went out for some last minute tour grocery shopping.

Meanwhile Nick received an e-mail from Jen with the adress and telephone number of the Millan's office.

He dialed the number written in the e-mail.

"Cesar Millan's office, this is Tori speaking how can I help you" a sweet voice sounded through his phone.

"Hello this is Nick Carter, I'm from the Backstreetboy. I'm calling for mister Millan" Nick deliberately used his status to pull this off. Normally he hated it but for once...