- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

update 8-22-2012 I really would like some reviews on this story!

After a little a while a door opened and a short Mexican guy came over.

“Mister Carter? I’m Cesar Millan” he smiled and reached out his hand.

Nick got up and shook his hand “Yes, Nick Carter. Nice to meet you”.

“You can follow me then we’ll go to my office”.

Nick followed him into a small room with a desk, a laptop, two comfy chairs and posters and pictures of dogs on the walls.

“Take a seat. Do you want something to drink?”

“Yes please, I’d like a coffee” Nick answered.

“Sure, black, with milk or cappuccino?”

“Uhm cappuccino sounds great too” Nick smiled.

Cesar grinned “sure I’ll have one myself too, so two  cappuccino coming up” he disappeared in the hallway.

Nick took out his cell from his pocket. No message from Kirsten. He hated lying to her but this was for a good cause. He wanted to surprise her and if everything turned out the way he had planned it this would be the most amazing surprise she had ever had. Besides, what’s the chance she would find out about it.

I love you x Nick

Nick pressed the send button on his phone. The door opened and Cesar came back inside the room. He handed over the cappuccino and took his seat on the other side of the desk.

“So Nick, tell me what can I do for you?”.

“I eh really would like to surprise my girlfriend. She’s a real big fan of you and she’s probably seen all of the Dog whisperer episodes”. Nick stopped for a second and took a deep breath to prepare himself for telling the reason all of this “ Well anyway, the reason why I’m here is that something bad happened the other day. She had a … she had a miscarriage a couple of days ago and I really want to cheer her up. I want to show her how much I love her. She’s everything to me and I know she would absolutely love, love, love it if you could show her around  and let her participate in your centre for one day”. Nick’s cheeks turned red. He quickly reached for the cappuccino.

“First of all, I’m sorry to hear about the miscarriage. There are some things in life people shouldn’t be experiencing”

“Thank you” Nick said with horse voice.

“Second of all, I usually don’t let people in my centre. One of the reasons for that is that it can easily affect the balance and the state of mind my pack is in which can cause big problems.  However, I’m willing to make an exception for you, but”

“Really? That’s awesome” Nick interrupted Cesar.

“But, I want her to wait a couple of weeks until she’s mentally stable again. I can’t afford dangerous situations because of humans that are unstable”.

“That’s not a problem at all. You see, we are going on tour tomorrow with the Backstreetboys. That will take her mind of the things that happened” Nick explained.

“Ok, sounds good. And how long will you be on the road?”

“for four weeks”.

“Wow, that’s a while. And when would you like to plan the big day?” Cesar took out a calendar from his drawer.

 “Whenever you have time I guess”

“Ehm, let’s see. How about….. ehm the Friday after your back from tour?”

“Perfect” Nick smiled. He couldn’t believe he pulled this off.  

“I’ll write it down. Do me a favor and leave your e-mail and phone number with my secretary okay? I’m going to e-mail you the further information like time, what clothes to wear etcetera”.

Cesar got up as well as Nick.

“Thanks Cesar, you have no idea what this means to us”.

“You’re welcome” he smiled.

“I have one last question”.

“Sure, tell me”.

 “Kirsten has a dog, AJ. He is very well behaved and she trained him by your principles. Can she bring him as well?”

“AJ is more than welcome”.

“Awesome”.

They said goodbye and Cesar let him out of the office. Nick walked back to the reception and left his e-mail and phone number.

 He couldn’t wait to get home. Of course Kirsten couldn’t  know about the surprise yet. That he would tell her when the tour was over.

Filled with excitement he jumped in his car and drove home.

 During the car drive Nick checked his cell for text messages. Nothing. He felt a little disappointed, but maybe she was sleeping of busy packing the last things.

 

As soon as he got home he walked inside the house.

“Sweetie, I’m home” he yelled looking up to the stairway.

“I’m upstairs” he heard her beautiful voice from the bedroom.

He rushed upstairs and walked up to the master bedroom. As soon as his eyes caught her sight his hart jumped for love. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. “I missed you” he whispered in her ear.

“And I missed you” she sighed. She unwrapped herself from him. She turned away from him to the closet “So how was your meeting?” she asked with her face away from him.

“Oh fine, everything has been settled and we are ready to go on tour now” Nick blushed. He hated lying to her.

“Hmmm, okay. And who where there at the meeting?”

That was a strange question to ask. She didn’t know he’d been lying to her right? Nick felt nervous. “Why do you want to know?”.

“Oh nothing, just curious” she answered looking straight at him.

“Is there something wrong baby? Are you in pain? Your acting strange”.

“Oooh, I’m acting strange. Right….” She bend her head a little. “Let me give you some advise. Next time you decide to lie to me it’s wise if you inform the people who are in the lie as well”. The look in her eyes where cold as ice.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what Nick, you really disappointed me today. Telling me you’re in a meeting and later I found out you’re not.  Now tell me, where the hell have you been? Are you seeing someone else? Is that it? Tell me so I can leave” she said with a dangerous calmness in her voice.

“No” he said shocked. “I’m not cheating sweetie. Please. You have to trust me”.

 “Ooooh, that’s a nice one. You want me to trust you but you lie to me. HOW can I trust you Nick. I don’t like people who lie to me”.

“I’m sorry, I can explain everything…”

“Well, explain then”.

“You….” He took a deep sigh “you must wait until after the tour”.

“Why? I want you to tell me right now what the f*ck is going on” she was so mad at this point she got tears in her eyes.

“Because, I… it was supposed to be a surprise. I have arranged something for you today and it’s gonna take place after the tour. It’s gonna be a wish coming true for you. So yes I lied to you. Yes I wasn’t honest. But I had to make up something to get away from the house.  If that’s a reason for you to leave me then fine. Leave me”.

It took a couple of seconds before Kirsten realized what Nick had said. “You were really planning a surprise for me?”she calmed down a bit.

“Yes. I was. Everything is taken care of. Please trust me on this one okay. And for the record, I’d never ever in my whole damn life would ever cheat on you” tears appeared in his eyes. “I love you Kirsten. I never loved anyone like you before in my life” the tears sounded trough his voice “you have to believe me”.

She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him. She pressed her lips on his. “I love you too”.