- Text Size +

 

Update 13-1-2013

Nick showed the fans around the venue and the dressing rooms. During the backstage tour he spoke about random stuff and explained how things where when the guys where on tour. He answered some questions and took pictures with them. Around six he finished the tour and after the final hugs and waves he walked back to the main area to have dinner. He was eager to get there  as soon as possible. He wasn’t that hungry but he wanted to know what Kirsten’s sad look was all about. Unaware of it he fastened his walk. After a couple of minutes he reached the main area and directly walked over to the table where Kirsten ate dinner with the others.

Kirsten looked up and as soon as his eyes caught hers she gave him a dazzling smile. She made room for him to sit next to her and he stepped in between her and Rochelle. “Hi gorgeous” and kissed her.

Kirsten’s heart lit up and smiled “Hi honey”.

“Everything okay?”

“Yes! You?”

“I’m fine. I thought something was wrong because of the sad look you had just before you left the venue” he whispered in her ear.

“Whispering secretly while being in the companionship with others is not polite mister Carter” Leighanne joked.

Nick looked at her and squeezed his eyes together to gave her a semi angry look “I’m well aware of the presence of other people at this moment miss Littrell. But I had to say something to my baby that nobody else needs to know”.

Leighanne laughed “I’m just joking Nick”. She continued her dinner and her conversation with Rochelle.

“There wasn’t anything wrong. It’s just…” she paused for a second and took a deep breath before she continued “…I saw you kissing and hugging a couple of fans. And they were not ugly at all in my opinion. And honestly that made me jealous” Kirsten turned red and spoke softly so nobody could hear them.     

Nick smiled from ear to ear “You really where jealous?”

 

Kirsten frowned “Yes, why are you smiling? You think it’s funny?” She got mad. What the hell was this. She’s told him how she felt about what happened and all he could do was laugh? Sometimes she didn’t get him.

“No I don’t think it’s funny” Nick quickly responded. “It’s just that… it flatters me to know that you’re jealous sometimes. Because to me it means that you really care about me” he whispered.

“Of course I care. I love you” she gave him a kiss.

“Earth to the two lovebirds” Howie intervened with his version of a Star Wars voice. Nick and Kirsten looked at him. “ I don’t want to interfere Nick, but you really should get some dinner now”.

Nick smiled “You’re right. What time is it?”

“Almost time to get ready. You have ten minutes left” Howie replied.

Nick got up and got his food. He quickly ate it he and when he was finished he and the guys left to get themselves ready for the show.  

Kirsten and the other girls stayed behind to have a cup of coffee. After an hour or so they followed the boys backstage. There was a special area were friends and family could sit and enjoy the show without being visible or exposed to all the fans. Not that most of them weren’t nice and friendly to them but the Backstreet wives and girlfriends where almost as famous as the guys where. And even though the girls didn’t need bodyguard guidance every time they went outside and most of the fans treated them with love and respect, it sure was a pleasant thought that they were protected from the big crowd in the venue.   

Kirsten enjoyed the show and hanging out with the girls. They were dancing and singing during the show and watched the excellent performance of their lovers. Most of the songs played where from their latest album but of course there had to be some “oldies but goodies” in the line - up.

The guys where now picking girls to be serenaded on the stage with them. But Nick rushed back backstage to Kirsten.

“Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be on stage?” Kirsten asked surprised.

Nick grabbed her hand and pulled her up “Follow me” he smiled.

“What? Why?” she stuttered.

“Come on. I have a surprise for you”.

“Woooohooot! You go girl” Leighane, Rochelle and Leigh cheered.

With nerves exploding through her entire body she followed Nick on stage to the four seats that stood there. She had a sudden attack of stage fright. The crowd went completely nuts. Brian, Howie and AJ had picked out some lucky fans to serenade. When Nick and Kirsten came on stage the guys gave her a blink and smile and continued the show. Nick motioned Kirsten to sit down with the three fans.

“So Howie” Brian spoke through his mike “how can we possibly make this a night to remember for these beautiful ladies sitting here?”.

Howie glared at the four girls on stage “Well, mister Littrell, how about we give them a lap dance” he turned around and pushed his butt behind and started dancing. AJ pushed him “Bad idea.We’re not the Chippendales bro”. The crowd went nuts. “Wait… I know.. I know. We are going to show them love by doing what we do best. Let’s give them a night to remember” Nick spoke with a low voice and smiled. He went on his knees in front of Kirsten and the other boys followed his example. The cheering inside the venue grew even louder.

The music of “I’ll Never Break Your Heart” began to play. The guys gave away a great performance and Nick gave Kirsten the night of her life. In that performance he showed her how much he loved her. It was also a gesture from him to her that as far as he was concerned their love could go public. There was no need to keep it a secret that he loved her. When the song ended Nick took a moment to speak to the crowd “Girls, I have an announcement to make.” Cheering rose up from the venue “No I’m not getting married yet but I do have something else that I want to share with you”.  “Nick I love you” a fan screamed during the silence. Nick smiled and put his arm around Kirsten. “You girls know that last year hasn’t been easy for me” he started “but since a while there has been a special someone in my life” he smiled and looked at Kirsten and paused for a moment “and that special someone is Kirsten”. Kirsten got as red a tomato. He looked back into the audience and raised his voice “I want you all to meet the love of my life and the person who really makes me happy. This is Kirsten”. The crowd went nuts again. 

Kirsten didn’t expect this at all. She thought that they would make their relationship public after the tour by approaching some magazines to tell their story but not this. She knew that by this time tomorrow their relationship would be world news.  Was she ready for this? The thought of their relationship being public and the possibility of being recognized by fans when she got out for a walk or when she wanted to go shopping or whatever overwhelmed her a bit. She wished Nick would’ve discussed this with her instead of overwhelming her like that. She made a mental note that she’s going to talk to Nick about this as soon as they had some private time at the hotel.

Nick escorted her back to her spot backstage and kissed her passionately “I love you” and rushed back on stage to do the next song. Kirsten got her breath back and was happy to be backstage again. The other girls were thrilled about Nick’s action. Kirsten decided to play along with them and not to tell anybody, except Nick later, that she wasn’t too happy about going public that way.

The rest of the concert was amazing and without any new surprises. After the show it took for more than an hour until they could leave the venue. The guys had to shower first, eat something, they helped to carry stuff inside the trucks and finally they were ready to leave. Kirsten felt exhausted around midnight when they stepped into the grey minivan. Nick sat next to her and she didn’t even noticed that she fell asleep against his shoulder within five minutes. Nick looked at her while she slept. He wondered if she liked what he did tonight. 

When they arrived at the hotel Nick woke Kirsten up “Sleepyhead wake up” he gave her soft kisses and stroked her hair. Kirsten slowly woke up. “We’re at the hotel baby” he said with a soft voice. Nick opened the door of the minivan and he felt the cold air of the night on his skin. He walked to the other side of the van to help Kirsten get out.

Kirsten was too tired to talk. Once they got in their hotel room they brushed their teeth and went to bed. She crawled against Nick and together they fell asleep in each other’s arms.

Kirsten woke up in tears in the middle of the night. She had a vivid dream about her dad passing away. She had dreamt that her mom called her to tell her that her father had died by a heart attack. Kirsten had a really good relationship with her dad and the thought that her father had died, even though it was just a dream, filled her heart with pain.

Nick also woke up “Hey baby, are you okay?” he asked with his low sleepy voice.

“Yes, I’m fine. It was just a nightmare” Kirsten brushed the tears away with her hands.

“What did you dream about?” he cupped his arm around her.

“I dreamt that my mother called to tell me that dad died on a heart attack” she whispered.

“That sucks sweetie. But it’s just a dream. It’s not real, it’s okay” he crawled against her and took her in his arms and together they fell asleep again.