- Text Size +

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 37

 

Aspen

 

Everything is ready to go for the grand opening. I’m nervous that it’s going to be a failure. I watch AJ smoking outside. Things have been so good between us the last couple of months. Life has also settled down since the spring, when the whole Jake thing happened. It’s nice having everything calm. I just wonder how long it will last.

 

Nick and Jade are the first to arrive; fifteen minutes early to be exact. Nick stays outside to talk with AJ. Jade enters the shop with a frustrated look on her face. Clearly, something is wrong. I’m sure it has to do with her beloved husband.

 

“Hey, sissy. What’s wrong?” I ask while fixing a cupcake display for the thirtieth time.

 

“Damn, all I want is sex.” She sighs and sits down.

 

“Nick’s still holding out?” I join her at the table.

 

“Yes, the dumbass won’t make love to me. I could kill the doctor right now. Not being able to make love to my husband is the reason for my high blood pressure.”

 

I feel bad for my sister. It’s time to give her some advice. “Jade, you know your body better than anyone else. I say do what you got to do. If that means tying up your husband and fucking him senseless, do it.”

 

“I never knew you were such a kinky bitch, Red. My, my, my how things have changed.”  Jade smacks me in the arm. I start to blush. “Whatever AJ has done to my sister, I am forever grateful.”

 

“Well if it isn’t the two most beautiful women in the world.”  Kevin smiles at us. I get up as quickly as a fat pregnant woman can. He pulls me into a hug.

 

“It’s so good to see you. It’s been too long. You need to come for dinner one night.”

 

“Sounds good.” He breaks away from me. “The place is gorgeous.”

 

“Thanks.” I smile proudly.

 

After I get done talking to Kevin, I realize Jade has disappeared. Hopefully she’s in upstairs office having her way with Nick. Actually it’s not really an office. AJ and I basically converted it into a little love den for us. That way if we want to get away, we can come here and make love.

 

I spot AJ talking to Brian and Lilly. Wait, they said they couldn’t make it because of some obligation. I run over to my sister and brother. “Oh my goodness. What are you doing here?”

 

“Like I was going to miss your grand opening.” Lilly pulls me into a hug. “You look stunning, Aspen.”

 

“It’s all the hot sex we’ve been having.” AJ chimes in. I should feel embarrassed but I’m not.

 

“I would say I’m jealous, but I rather enjoy my sex life.” Lilly giggles. Then she whispers in my ear. “I’m glad everything is working out between the two of you. How’s Reese?”

 

“Reese is doing well. She’s really matured over the summer. Thanks for everything Lilly.” 

 

“She’s a great girl. I’m excited that I got to spend time with Reese and Calleigh this summer. Well, I better go find, Twig and say hello.”

 

After Lilly leaves, I turn around to talk to AJ, but he’s off talking to a reporter. I can’t believe that a reporter is at the party. What did AJ do?  I make my way over to him.

 

“She makes the best cupcakes around. I’ve been eating them since the first day I met her. My favorites come from her adult line, especially the better than sex chocolate ones.”

 

My heart melts at his comments. I’m so lucky to have him in my life. For the last year I thought I was going to lose my husband. Things are so much better now. At the exact moment I think about my wonderful life, the baby starts kicking a lot. It won’t stop. I’m so excited I race over to AJ.

 

“I love you.” I reach up and plant a kiss on his mouth. I don’t even care that he’s in the middle of an interview. I take his hand and place it on my swollen abdomen. “Feel how active this little one is?”

 

“Feeling our babies kick always excites me.” He kisses my hair. “This is the lovely owner of Aspen’s Wicked Temptations.”

 

The reporter from US Weekly starts asking me a ton of questions. At first, I am nervous but I relax after the first few questions. Once the interview is over, I make my way back into the kitchen.

 

I start to place cupcakes onto a tray to take out to the party. I’m enjoying the music playing in the background. I feel a presence in the room. I turn around and see AJ standing in the doorway staring at me. I can’t help but laugh at him in those tights.

 

“What are you staring at, Peter Pan?” I tease, licking icing off my finger.

 

“Damn it, Aspen. You know how much I love licking icing off your body.” He replies in husky tone.  I think back to the first time we met in this store. My dream of finding love came true that day.

 

“Stop.” I groan. “I want you now, and I can’t do anything about it. Too bad we couldn’t go upstairs and have some fun.”

“It wouldn’t be nice if the host and hostess left the party.”  He moves closer to me. He takes my hands and gently sucks off the pink cotton candy icing.

 

“You…you…need to…stop.” I moan loudly. I start to forget that everyone is still there.

 

“Just wait until everyone leaves tonight. I’m going to carry you upstairs and make love to you until we pick up the kids.”

 

“I can’t wait. Can’t we just tell everyone to leave?” I murmur into his ear.

 

“Now Aspen, baby as much as I wish we could, we can’t. It won’t be too much longer.” He grabs the tray of cakes and leaves the kitchen. Damn him for making me all hot and bothered.

 

I walk back into the shop. Nick is sitting at a table brooding. I look around for Jade. I don’t see her. This is not good. I hope that she’s just in the bathroom.  Her laughter echoes behind me. Turning around I see her talking to a group of my friends. Nick is clearly pissed at her.

 

Before I have a chance to walk over, Howie stops me. “Aspen, congrats on the new shop. It’s going to be a success.”

 

“Thank you, Howie.” I smile.

 

“I’m glad things are working for you and AJ again. I’ve never seen a man so in love with his wife.”

 

Howie’s words bring tears to my eyes. I could blame it on the pregnancy, but this is the first one I’ve been weepy with.  “I feel the same way about him.  I couldn’t ask for a better husband.”

 

“Just wait to you hear the song he wrote for you.” My eyes widen with surprise. “Oops, I wasn’t supposed to mention it.”

 

I’m speechless. In all our years together, he has never written a song about me. I’m deeply touched. “It will be our little secret Howie.” I giggle.

 

This has been one of the best nights of my life. It would have never happened without my wonderful husband. I’m the luckiest woman in the world.