- Text Size +

 

Darien slipped into baggy gray sweats and a black tank top after Ainsley had gone to bed. She was too energized to go to sleep, so she figured she'd unpack some things and wear herself out. She shot out a quick text to Kenny and then went downstairs and into the living room. After flicking the radio on, she settled down in front of a bookcase and began unloading her trashy romance novels. She leaned back after emptying a box and stretched her back. Her phone beeped from beside her and she smiled when she saw it was from Kenny. I'm outside. want 2 let me in? Darien stood up and peeked out the front window. Sure enough, there he was standing on the step.

"What are you doing?" She hissed after opening the door.

"I had to see you." He leaned forward and placed his hands on either side of her door. "I missed you."

"Really?" Darien put her hand on her hip and shook her head at him. He was still wearing the baggy basketball shorts from earlier and had topped it with a Boston Red Sox hoodie and black ballcap on backwards.

"Really." Kenny leaned forward on the toes of his sneakers and kissed her puckered mouth. "Can I come in?"

"Can you be quiet?" Darien asked.

"As a church mouse." He agreed and his eyes lit up when she backed away from the door. "What were you doing?"

"Unpacking." She led the way into the living room. "Someone's been distracting me for the past few days."

"Who would do such a thing?" Kenny flopped down on the couch and patted the cushion in front of him.

"No." Darien shook her head and fought against the urge to cuddle against him.

"Why not?" He frowned.

"Because I'm not sure I can control myself and my daughter is in the house."

"We'll be good. I promise."

"Let's sit outside." Darien suddenly suggested. She grabbed his hand and pulled him up. Stopping in the kitchen to grab two beers, she led him into the backyard. A huge pool was surrounded by some tables and lounge chairs. This was where Darien settled in and handed Kenny a beer.

"Why out here?" He wondered, sitting in the chair across from Darien.

"It's safer out here." She smiled at him. "I'm not sure I can resist you when we're horizontal."

"You can trust me, Dare. I can stop when you say no." Kenny pulled her feet into his lap and slid her flip flops to the ground. His fingers curled around her toes.

"I know. It's not you I'm worried about." She opened her beer and took a long sip. "What do I have to look forward to tomorrow at my job?"

"A lot of dancing." Kenny laughed. "What else?"

"With you?"

"Yeah. I've got these ideas about starting a couples class."

"Like ballroom?" Darien frowned. She had taken some classes when she was younger, but wasn't accomplished at it.

"A little, but with more jazz and hip hop mixed in. I want to teach couples how to go to a club and dance together. Maybe a little more than that. Do some lifts and catches."

"That's a cool idea. But I really think that ballroom is gonna be the base for that. The cha cha and the rumba, you know?" Darien leaned her head back and enjoyed the foot rub Kenny was administering.

"I agree. I'm not real great at the structure of those dances, though." Kenny divulged.

"You're not good at a type of dance?" Darien chuckled. "I don't believe it."

"I'm good at it. I'm just not great. I can hold my own with any type of dance, but to be able to teach it is different. You have to know it and understand it and excel at it. Have you had any training?"

"I took lots of ballroom classes when I was young, but I'm not a pro by any means." Darien said.

"Good. I'm gonna have Julianne Hough and her brother come in tomorrow and show us some stuff. They're both doing the new season of DWTS so they'll be in town for awhile. She said they can give us a few classes."

"I get to dance with Derek Hough?" Darien teased.

"No. You get to dance with me." Kenny frowned. "He's just gonna show us some stuff."

"What if I want to dance with him?"

"You can't." Kenny squeezed her foot playfully.

"You're no fun." She leaned her head back and let her hair fall against her back. Her phone rang from her pocket and she sighed before digging it out.

"Who is it?" Kenny asked.

"Nick." Darien sighed and touched the screen. "Hello?"

"I just saw the video you posted earlier." Nick led right into it. "Ainsley looks good."

"I think so. She was challenged tonight." Darien locked eyes with Kenny and smiled.

"You recorded Wormald too much though. Sometimes Ainsley wasn't even in the shot." Nick critiqued.

"I tried my best, Nick." Darien sighed again. "Is that all you wanted?"

"No. I want to know if you're gonna fuck him this weekend."

"That's none of your business." Dare closed her eyes and frowned. "Please don't start a fight tonight, Nick."

"I'm not starting a fight, but I want to know if my wife is planning on fucking some backup dancer!"

"I'm not your wife anymore, Nick. There's no ring on my finger. So I can fuck whatever backup dancer I want." Darien ended the call and shut the phone off. "Sorry."

"It's cool." Kenny stopped rubbing her feet and leaned forward. "Are we moving too fast? If there are things you need to work out with him, I'd rather you do it now than later after I'm in too deep."

"There's nothing to work out, Kenny. I'm divorced. I have the legal papers to prove it. Nick's just having a hard time accepting that."

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Kenny felt slightly out of line asking the question, but it needed to be asked.

"No, not like you're talking about." She denied.

"Then how?"

"We have a child together so there'll always be a connection. I can't help that. But do I love him? No. And I haven't for awhile." She leaned forward and took his hands. "I don't know where whatever this is between us is going, but I can tell you this. When you kiss me, it feels different than ever before. It's more powerful, more emotional. I want to play this out and see what happens."

"It's the same for me." Kenny leaned forward and touched his lips to hers. "I really feel like you could be the rest of my life. But I want to do it right and I want to do it slow."

"Ok." Darien nodded. Her hands reached up and threw his hat to the ground. She tunneled her fingers in his hair and pulled his head to hers. The scent of beer and Winterfresh gum played with her senses as his forehead rested against hers. Her tongue darted out and flicked at his lips. He parted them slightly and sucked her tongue into his mouth as he yanked her onto his lap. Her body molded around his as his hands traced under her tank top around her sides. Darien shivered at his touch, her skin hot and cold at the same time. His kisses trailed down her neck and her head lolled back, allowing him room. With a rough groan, she leaned away from him and raised his hoodie and t-shirt over his head. Her hands were like electric where they caressed him. His nipples hardened and she could feel his dick throbbing against her. He thrust against her again and again.

 

Kenny hated being the voice of reason again, but he had to stop this. He picked her up and set her back on her own chair and leaned back against his. He panted and sighed heavily, staring at her with hooded eyes. Her neck was red and raw from where he had been kissing it and her tank top was bunched under her breasts which he could see were heaving.

"So much for slow." Kenny ground out. "I'm sorry."

"It's my fault too." Darien slowly fixed her shirt and ran her fingers through her tangled hair. "I wanted it as much as you."

"I know." Kenny sent her a sexy grin that made her want to jump him all over again. "I should probably head home before I'm tempted again."

"Where do you live?" She asked, wanting to put off his departure.

"I have an apartment in La Brea. It's nothing special." He smiled at her. "Nothing like this."

"This isn't special either. You should have seen my house in Tampa. It was ridiculous." Darien shook her head. "A grand monstrosity."

"I have to admit that I was shocked to pull up in front of this house last night. I was expecting something much more." He grabbed his shirt and pulled it back on.

"I don't want that. Ainsley and I don't need all that room. This is really too much for us, but I can't rent an apartment. You can't have a studio in an apartment." Darien smiled.

"I know. It is a definite drawback." Kenny stood up and pulled Darien against him. "I'm gonna go before I'm tempted to take you upstairs and find your bedroom."

"Ok." Darien picked his hat up and settled it back on his head. "I'll walk you out." She took his hand and led the way to the front door. With a reluctant kiss, Kenny kissed her quickly.

"I'll see you in the morning." He said and walked quickly to his car. He couldn't believe the way his body was acting. It hadn't been that long since he had gotten laid which led him to believe that this thing with Darien was way more than just sex. He started his car up and drove quickly down the block.