- Text Size +

"Watch out!" Nick screamed for it seemed like the hundredth time. One hand was clutching the console while the other hand clung tight to the handle over his door.
"That's a car!"

"I saw it. Please stop screaming at me." Harper rolled her eyes at him. He had been acting like an old man ever since they had entered Orlando traffic.

"Oh my God!" Nick exclaimed again, his hands covering his face when they almost sideswiped a semi. "I'm gonna die!"

"Really, Grandpa?" Harper said as she changed lanes. "You are not gonna die. Are you hungry?"

"I wouldn't mind a last meal." Nick cut a glance over at Harper and saw that she had her game face on. She bopped around in her seat, her hand waving at people and switching the turning signals on and off as she dodged in and out of lanes.

"Would you chill out?" Harper grumbled at him. "You are not going to die."

"There's an IHOP up there." Nick pointed and then screamed like a little girl with his face plastered to the window when she darted across four lanes of traffic to get off the interstate.

"I think you blew my eardrums out, Carter. Thank you." Harper said as she pulled into the parking lot.

"I think I just shit my pants." Nick grumbled and quickly got out of the car when it came to a stop. Harper was slower than he and slowly walked to where he leaned against the trunk. She looked at him with a huge smile on her face.

"That was fun."

"That was not fun. Terrifying would be a better word." He shook his head and tried to keep a smile off his face.

"You told me to do it." Harper pointed out.

"I did not tell you to take a death defying plunge across four lanes of traffic!" Nick denied. He stood up and took her hand. Harper laughed when she felt it trembling. He really had been scared. They walked over to where the other four were getting out of the Viper.

"How was your drive, Nick?" AJ asked, tossing his friend the keys to the Viper.

"I almost died, AJ. How do you think it was?" Nick said.

"You were never in any danger." Harper rolled her eyes again.

"I don't know, Harper. That was an Evil Knievel move you just pulled out there." Brian pointed out as they stepped into the restaurant.

"Shut up, Brian." Harper grumbled as they were led to a table.

"What time is it?" Nick asked, rubbing the heels of his hands over his tired eyes.

"About seven." AJ said, looking at his watch. "We have two hours to get to that meet and greet."

"We'll make it." Brian said. "We do have to stop by the apartment first though and change."

"That would be a good idea." Nick nodded. "I can borrow something of Kevin's."

"Yeah, he's the only one tall enough to fit your giant ass." AJ teased as he sipped his coffee.

"Were you guys friends right away when you first met?" Catie asked.

"Pretty much. Nick was a lot younger back then, so he was really annoying." AJ said. "He and Brian were pretty tight to begin with until we all got to know each other."

"We were practically living together back then. We would all share one hotel room wherever we went." Brian recalled.

"Yep. Those were the lean years." Nick laughed. "How long have the three of you been friends?"

"Since before we were born." Harper said as she sipped her coffee.

"What?" Brian was confused.

"Our mother's met while they were taking a Lamaze class. They became friends and are still best friends to this day. We really didn't have a choice in being friends." Catie explained.

"Did they know each other before then?" AJ wondered.

"Not really." Harper shook her head.

"Well, everyone knew Maggie O'Brien." Crestian teased.

"Who's Maggie O'Brien?" Nick asked.

"That's Harper's mom. She was the lady to know about town. She still is." Catie said. "Maggie's parents owned the biggest factory in town and almost everyone in town worked there. Both me and Cress's parents worked there."

"That's enough, guys." Harper looked away. She hated it when they talked about her family like that.

"It's the truth, Harp." Catie said.

"I know." Harper looked down at her omelet and took a bite. Being the richest kid in town had held its drawbacks. Knowing that everyone she met worked for her parents made her very uncomfortable. It had been hard to make friends and that's why she had clung so tightly to Catie and Crestian.

"It's ok." Nick touched her leg and offered her a smile. She smiled back and was happy when everyone changed the subject. When they were finished eating, the guys left with promises to hook up after their meet and greet. With directions in hand, the girls left to find their condo. After an hour of driving, the finally found it. Harper had never been so glad to get out of her car. Catie grabbed the key the hotel staff had given them and unlocked the condo. They all fell into the cool and quiet condo. Harper made a beeline for the couch and fell upon it in a heap.

"Do you care what room you get?" Catie asked her friend.

"Nope." She murmured against the cool material of the couch. Crestian and Catie argued about bedrooms while Harper fell asleep on the couch. They tried to be as quiet as possible as they carried their luggage in and put it in the appropriate room. When they were finished, they met back in the kitchen and helped themselves to sodas from their cooler.

"This is really nice." Crestian said as she looked out the French doors that led to the communal area for the condos. A pool and hot tub were crowded along with the tables that surrounded it.

"It is." Catie agreed. "I picked a good one."

"Yep. And now I'm gonna go take a nap in my room." Cress finished her soda and rinsed the cup out.

"I think I'm gonna be by the pool. Will you listen for the doorbell?" Catie asked. The guys were supposed to come over when they were finished with their meet and greet.

"I'll try." Cress nodded. She tiptoed past a snoring Harper on the couch and jumped into the king sized bed in her room. She was asleep within minutes. Catie found a royal blue bikini in her luggage and slid out the back door. She chose a lounge chair and settled in. Her dark sunglasses protected her eyes and she checked out the people at the pool. Quite a few were people her age, boys and girls laughing and screaming in the water. Although, there were quite a few older people scattered in among the spring break party crowd. She rolled her eyes when she saw a few guys wave at her. What was with these fools? She ignored them and leaned back to soak up some sun.

 

A few hours later, the doorbell sounded in the house. Crestian ignored it and groaned when it chimed again. She stumbled out of bed and blearily opened the door. Pushing her tangled mass of blond hair out of her eyes, she groaned when she saw the guys standing there. With a shriek, she ran for her bedroom.

"Cress? What's wrong?" AJ asked, following her.

"Where's Catie?" Brian called.

"Pool!" Came the muffled reply. Brian was off looking for the pool. Nick smiled when he saw Harper sleeping on the couch. Her hair was a mess and he could see a tiny bit of drool coming from her open mouth. He laughed and sat beside her on the couch. He nudged her gently and grinned when her eyes opened. They got huge and she came up swinging.

"It's just me." He said, pushing her flailing fists away.

"Oh my God." She sighed, sinking back onto the couch. "You scared me."

"I guess. You acted like I had just molested you." Nic k shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I don't wake up well." She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and was embarrassed when she saw it was wet. Leave it to her to drool in front of Nick Carter.

"Have you been asleep long?" Nick asked. He moved to the end of the couch so she could have more room.

"I don't know. I fell on this couch when we got here and I've been out ever since." She shrugged and struggled to sit up. Nick took her hand and pulled her up.

"Well, if you're up for it I have a surprise for you." He said.

"A surprise?" Harper questioned. She got up from the couch and poked her head around until she found the kitchen. Opening the fridge, she was grateful her friends had put their drinks in there. Sipping a Mt. Dew, she turned to Nick. "What kind of a surprise?"

"One that involves the Magic Kingdom, so you should probably get dressed." Nick shoved his hands in the pockets of the khaki cargo shorts he was wearing and rocked back on his heels.

"The Magic what?" She was puzzled for a minute until she put it together. "Oh, Disney World! Are you serious?"

"Of course." He nodded and was pleasantly surprised when she hugged him.

"I need to take a shower." She announced and took off to find her room. Catie barreled in from the back and almost knocked Nick over.

"Disney World, Nick!" She exclaimed and raced off. From down the hall, Nick heard a squeal and assumed it was Crestian. He turned to see a bemused Brian and they both shook their heads. AJ was shoved out of Crestian's bedroom and the three guys were left to their own devices in the living room. After what seemed like forever, Harper appeared. She was wearing extremely short white shorts and two layered tanks, the top mint green and the bottom chocolate brown. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun and brown flip flops were on her feet. She had accessorized with a chunky glass necklace and silver hoop earrings. A brown Coach purse was thrown over her shoulder. She sailed past the boys and got another Mt. Dew from the kitchen. She was still tired. Crestian soon joined her wearing dark denim shorts and a light pink halter top. Her long blonde hair had been pulled into a high ponytail with the ends curled.

"You look very summery, friend." Cress said with a nod at Harper's outfit.

"Thanks." She nodded and took a long sip of Mt. Dew. "You look nice too. I have that pink necklace that you always wear with that shirt if you want to borrow it."

"You brought it? Cool." Cress nodded and walked back out. "Catie! You better hurry up! These boys are getting anxious!"

"I'm ready." Catie stepped out of her bedroom wearing canary yellow capris and a sky blue tube top that was sheer from the bottom of the breasts down. You could just see her stomach through the shirt. Her hair was in an upside down twist with the ends twirling wildly above her head. "What do you think?" She asked Cress and twirled around in the thick soled rafta sandals she had on.

"I think you look very Catie Thomas like." Cress smiled at her friend.

"Perfect." Catie took off down the hall. Cress retrieved the necklace and met her friends outside. They were all standing between the Mustang and a hunter green Dodge Durango.

"Who's riding with who?" Nick asked.

"How about me and Catie take the Mustang and the four of you ride in Nick's Durango?" Brian suggested. He was all for getting some alone time with Catie.

"Sounds like a plan." AJ agreed and opened the back door of the Durango for Crestian.

"Is this yours?" Harper asked when Nick opened the passenger door for her.

"It is." He nodded.

"Can I drive it?" She smiled sweetly at him.

"Absolutely not." He shook his head at her and walked around the truck.

"So how was your meet and greet?" Crestian asked. "Did you make some dreams come true today?"

"I did. Nick had one girl faint when he hugged her." AJ said.

"What?" Harper laughed. "Are you serious?"

"They always get real excited when they see Nicky here. He's the favorite, you know." AJ clapped his friend on the back.

"Shut up, Bone." Nick glared.

"It's all that blonde hair and dreamy blue eyes, I think." AJ ducked when Nick's hand tried to hit him.

"Is it really like that?" Harper asked Nick.

"Yeah. It's embarrassing." Nick shook his head. "I'm nothing special."

"Oh, I think you might be a little special." Harper smiled at him. He returned her smile and reached over to squeeze her knee.

"Will you guys be okay going out at Disney World?" Cress wondered.

"Yeah, there won't be a ton of girls there wanting to kill me because I'm your girlfriend, will there?" Harper asked.

"My girlfriend?"

"Well, that's what they'll think." Harper shrugged and looked out the window. Cress and AJ shared a look in the backseat and both giggled.

"If there are any fans, we'll deal with it. The hometown fans are pretty respectful." Nick said. He eventually pulled into a parking lot and flashed a VIP badge at a security guard. Nick parked the Durango and they all piled out.

"I can't believe I'm here!" Harper exclaimed as she whirled around and around in the bright Florida sun. "This is so amazing."

"I'm glad you're having fun." Nick caught her hand as she came to a stop. They all made their way into the park. The girls were very excited. They laughed and pointed at everything as they strolled down Main Street, USA. Brian, Nick, and AJ willingly followed them into all the quaint little shops.

"I can't believe you've never been here before." AJ said, smiling at the girls enthusiasm.

"Where do we live, Bone?" Cress asked.

"I see your point." AJ hugged Crestian close and followed his friends deeper into the park. Crestian about died when she saw Cinderella's castle. She and AJ were alone since their friends had ventured ahead to Adventureland to get in line for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

"I want to get married here." Cress decided. She stood in front of AJ with his arms around her as they gazed down a packed street to the castle.

"We've only known each other for a day. Isn't it a little early for that?" AJ joked.

"You know what I mean, AJ." Cress smiled at him.

"Yeah. It's romantic here."

"I want the whole fairy tale wedding." Cress sighed. "I'm sure that will never happen since I can't even find a decent man." AJ didn't say anything. He just led her to where their friends were waiting. In Frontierland, they took a ride on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and rode the raft out to Tom Sawyer’s Island. Moving on to Liberty Square, they went in the Haunted Mansion twice. It was by far the girls favorite ride so far. They traveled through the park until they reached Space Mountain.

"I'm not riding that." Harper said, pulling away from the roller coaster.

"What? This is the best part of Disney." Nick gaped at Harper.

"I'll end up puking all over you and you'll hate me." She cried.

"I won't hate you and the worst that could happen is you'll end up with your picture in the papers." Nick laughed and pulled her closer to the line.

"What?" She screeched. He finally coaxed her on and she had a great time. The Magic Kingdom was everything she had imagined it would be. It could even be a little more since she was sharing it with Nick.