- Text Size +

Alissa waited almost a week for AJ to call. She even tried his cell phone a few times the day before but it went straight to voicemail. She just couldn’t figure out what happened and was sitting in the backyard when her cousin burst through the back door.

 

“That’s it! I can’t take it anymore!” Brooke stormed over and grabbed Alissa’s phone.

 

“Hey give it back!”

 

“No! I’m tired of sitting here watching you wait for some guy you barely know to call you back. You need to get out of this house and do something and I am not taking no for an answer!”

 

Alissa got quiet and curled up into the chair she was sitting in.

 

Brooke sighed and sat on the chair across from her cousin. “What is going on with you?”

 

Alissa started to tear up. “I don’t know. I started off thinking what a jerk AJ was and then that thing with Adam happened and I got to see a whole new side of him. He called to check on me that night and it was so sweet. I thought everything was going great when he called to ask me out for a walk. Then all of a sudden, he calls me back a few hours later, tells me he’s not coming and doesn’t even wait for me to answer before hanging up. What did I do?”

 

Alissa started to cry and Brooke reached over to give her a hug.

 

“You didn’t do anything. He’s a guy! This, by the way, automatically makes him an idiot!”

 

Alissa smiled faintly.

 

Brooke, happy to see something other than hurt cross her cousin’s face, said “Honestly, why are you so upset?”

 

Alissa wiped her tears and replied “I was looking forward to seeing him again and I thought he felt the same way since he was the one who called me for the walk.  Then he calls up and blows me off out of nowhere. He never called me back and won’t take my calls. I’m starting to feel like I’m this needy, pathetic girl who chasing this guy she barely knows and who has apparently changed his mind about getting to know her! I don’t like feeling this way and I don’t know what to do.”

 

Brooke waited a few seconds and then told her cousin exactly what she thought she should do.