- Text Size +

A few weeks later, Brooke and Alissa went to see the doctor about her arm.

 

“Your x-rays look great so we’ll remove the cast today and you won’t have to come back for any more visits.” Dr. Edwards said. “Happy to hear that?”

 

Alissa nodded. She was excited to finally get rid of the cast, but she still wasn’t feeling like herself.

 

“Ok, come down to the exam room and we’ll get rid of that cast.”

 

Twenty minutes later, Alissa and Brooke left the office and decided to get lunch before heading back to Brooke’s house.

 

“Any place you want to go in particular?” Brooke asked her cousin.

 

Alissa shrugged her shoulders. “Not really. Whatever you want is fine.”

 

Brooke felt so bad for her cousin. She was struggling to deal with this whole AJ thing and Brooke just wanted her to feel better.

 

“How about the café over on Riverside St.? You liked that one right?” Brooke asked. “Maybe we can get some shopping in afterwards?”

 

“Yeah, that’s fine.” Alissa said and followed her cousin back to the car.

 ------------------------- 

The guys had been trying for over a week to reach AJ.

 

“I get that J needs space and all but we have to finish this album. Management has been all over us and we can’t get it down without him!” Brian said frustrated.

 

“I’ll call him again, but I don’t think he’ll pick up. He hasn’t for my last dozen calls.” Nick said

 

Dialing AJ’s number, Nick waited for the voicemail to pick up again. He was shocked when AJ answered.

 

“J!” Nick yelled into the phone and all the guys stared at him, surprised that AJ had answered any of them. 

 

“Hey man, don’t scream in my ear.” AJ snapped. “What do you want?”

 

Nick started to get angry that he was copping such an attitude after what AJ had done to them when he bailed.  He started to speak when Kevin grabbed the phone afraid that Nick would push AJ away even further.

 

“J, it’s me Kevin. We’re concerned about you and we haven’t heard from or seen you for the last few weeks. Where are you?”

 

“Nowhere.” AJ said. “I know you didn’t just call to check on me.” he said with an attitude. “Management’s probably been breathing down your necks since we were supposed to finish the album last week.”

 

“Yeah they have but that doesn’t mean we don’t care about how you’re feeling. You’re like a brother to me J and I love you. We all want what’s best for you so we’ve tried to give you space. We’d still give you space but, you’re right; we need to finish the album. Any chance you’re coming back anytime soon?”

 

“I’ll be back in a few days.” AJ said and pressed end call on his phone.