- Text Size +

Denise called the guys and asked them to meet her at her house that evening. When everyone arrived, they were surprised to see Brooke and Lucas there.

 

“Um, what’s going on?” Nick asked. “This looks like an intervention.”

 

“It is.” Brooke said. “Just not for any of us. We need to talk about Alissa and AJ.”

 

“Oh God.” Kevin said shaking his head. “I don’t think I can handle any more of this stuff.”

 

“I agree.” said Howie. “It’s gotten to the point where AJ’s hallucinating and thinks he’s seeing Alissa all over the place.”

 

“Actually, he’s not hallucinating.” Denise said.

 

“Excuse me?” Nick, Howie and Kevin said all at once.

 

“She’s here.”

 

“You’re freaking kidding me right?” Nick asked.

 

“No,” Brooke said, “she came back for me. I’m pregnant and I was rushed to the hospital. We had been calling her and calling her. She finally showed up the next day and she’s been staying with us.”

 

“Does AJ know?” Howie asked.

 

Brooke shook her head. “No. He came to see me a few days ago and asked me if she was here. I lied to him about being back. He looked so angry that I was afraid to tell him the truth.”

 

“I can’t believe you did that.” said Kevin. “He’s been a colossal jackass since she left and no one told him she came back?”

 

“Actually, I did.” Denise said. “And he blew up at me. I asked Brian to try to talk to him.

 

Nick, Howie and Kevin all turned to Brian, who had been silent up to this point.

 

“You knew?” Howie asked.

 

“I didn’t until Denise called me the other day. She asked if I would talk to him and I tried. He doesn’t want to listen to anyone.”

 

“Alissa’s being just as stubborn!” Brooke interjected. “She believes that AJ hates her and refuses to even attempt a conversation with him.  She saw that picture of AJ and his new girlfriend and says she doesn’t want to mess things up for him.”

 

“She’s not a girlfriend.” Nick said quietly causing everyone to look at him.  “She was just some girl. Nothing happened.”

 

“Yeah right!” Brooke yelled. “The photographer got the picture of him and that blonde going into the hotel hand and hand!”

 

“Well, they didn’t get the one from 10 minutes later when AJ kicked her out. He talked to me the other night. He thought he could move on but he can’t!” Nick was getting frustrated.

 

“Stop arguing!” Howie said. “AJ’s pissed and hurt. Alissa feels guilty and is just as hurt. Both of them are being equally unreasonable! The question is how do we fix it?”

 

None of them knew the answer but they were determined to find a way.