- Text Size +

AJ and Alissa left the hospital after an hour of visiting with the baby. Brooke was hoping they could take Anne home in a few days and, while Alissa was looking forward to being an auntie, she was hurt because she didn’t understand what she had done to upset AJ. They drove home in silence and when they got there, AJ went straight to the backyard.

 

Alissa put down her purse and followed him out, sitting in the lounger across from him.

 

“AJ, what’s the matter? What did I do?”

 

AJ shook his head. “Nothing. I’m just tired and I wanted to relax.”

 

“Do you want me to go inside?” Alissa looked at him sadly.

 

“Of course not.” AJ said pulling her over next to him. “Let’s just relax ok?” He kissed her on the forehead and they didn’t say anything else until they went to bed.

 ------------------- 

Alissa woke up the next morning to an empty bed. She found a note that AJ had left on her pillow when she turned over.

 

Morning Liss. Just went to the studio to do some writing. Be back in a little while. Love, AJ.

 

Well at least he’s talking to me, she thought. She got up and went down to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. As she was making something for breakfast she heard the front door open. When she turned around, AJ was standing there with a dozen lavender roses, her favorite.

 

“What are those for?” Alissa smiled as he handed her the flowers.

 

“Me being a jackass.” he said and wrapped his arms around her waist. “I was a jerk yesterday. You caught me off guard when you started talking about baby names. I just didn’t expect it and I acted like an idiot. Forgive me?”

 

Alissa kissed him. “Of course. I feel badly that I didn’t realize it would bother you so much. I promise not to do that again.” She kissed him again and went to put the roses in a vase.

 

AJ followed her over to the sink and watched her cut the stems of the roses and fill the vase with water. As soon as she was done, he took the vase from her and put it on the mantle in the living room.

 

“Mind sharing breakfast with me?” he asked coming back into the kitchen.

 

“Hmmm. Do I really want to share with you?” Alissa asked teasing him.

 

AJ put on the puppy dog look. Alissa burst out laughing and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I guess I can.”

 

“Good! I’m starving!”