- Text Size +

Everybody crowded around Alissa to welcome her home. The guys were thrilled to see her back up and around and they were ecstatic to see AJ as happy as he was. The girls couldn’t get over how cute James was and everyone wanted to hold him.

 

Howie pulled Alissa aside while the others were cooing over him.

 

“I’m so glad that you’re ok. J’s my brother and I honestly have never seen him in such a bad place.”

 

Tears started forming in Alissa’s eyes.

 

“Please don’t cry. I’m not saying this to upset you. I just want you to know how much you mean to J and the rest of us. I don’t know what he would do without you.”

 

“Thank you Howie. I love him more than anything and I’ve seen what this has done to him. I don’t want to spend any more time apart from him and I appreciate the support from all of you guys.”

 

“We’ll always support you guys. Whatever you need.” Howie hugged Alissa and they rejoined the group.

 

“Hey D! No more occupying my girl!” AJ teased him, wrapping his arm around Alissa. Leigh had taken James inside to get him a bottle.

 

“Ok, ok.” Howie said laughing and raising his hands. “She’s all yours.”

 

AJ leaned down and kissed Alissa gently.

 

“How’re you feeling?”

 

“Fine.” Alissa said smiling up at him.

 

“Good. If you start feeling tired just let me know and I’ll kick everyone out.”

 

“Don’t worry AJ. I’ll be fine.”

He frowned. “I know but I’ve heard that before.”

 

“I’m sorry AJ. I promise to let you know if I need to rest ok.”

 

“Alright.” he said and leaned in to kiss her again.

 

“Hey J! You said there was going to be food. Are you going to cook or do you two need a room?”

 

“I’m going to kick your ass!” AJ said and tried to Nick in a headlock. They were both laughing so hard that they fell off balance right into the pool.

 

Everyone started cracking up laughing. Alissa realized how much she had missed all of them and how she loved being part of this family. She couldn’t ask for anything better.