- Text Size +

Kazie felt her heart beat harder, and harder as the town car she sat in drove down the busy streets of Illinois. The plan was to meet up with Brian at the hotel, then the rest would join them later on in the evening. He had flown out earlier to meet up with Kazie, and catch up. She had butterflies in her stomach for the last two days. Brian called her last night, and the two spoke for almost an hour, and a half, discussing the tour plans. No stranger to their bandmates, Kazie hadn't seen any of them for almost five years. She also learned they were doing a collaboration tour with New Kids on the Block. Although Kazie wasn't even born when they first made their debut, as she got older, she became familiar with their music, and knew how much of an influence they played in the Backstreet Boys' career. She was very grateful for this opportunity that she was given to spend three and a half months on the road with her family, and their extended family, really seeing up close them doing what they loved, and were truly born to do. 

"Here we are, Miss Littrell," Will, the driver said, as they pulled up in front of the Hilton Hotel. Will stepped out of the car, and opened the back passenger door for Kazie. Gathering her belongings, she got out, and adjusted her orange sundress. Putting her white cardigan over it, she grabbed her silver tote bag, that matched her silver sandals, and shut the door. 

"Do you need help bringing your things inside?" Will asked, pulling out her two pieces of rolling luggage, and a small duffle bag.

"Believe it or not, I think I got it. Thank you so much, Will," Kazie said, with a smile, trying not to hyperventilate. 

"You're welcome, Miss Littrell. I wish you lots of luck," he said, with a smirk, and tipping his hat. Kazie reached into her bag, and pulled out her wallet, as Will put his hands up.

"Please. You have a very generous family," he said, with a wink. "Take care." And with that, he went into the car.

"Thank you, again!" Kazie called, as she grabbed onto her luggage. She pulled the strap of the duffle bag over her shoulder, and grabbed onto the handles of the luggages. Walking over to the front door, the bellman tipped his hat, and grinned. 

"Welcome, miss. Let me help you with those," he said, flagging over another bell man to get a luggage rack. "What room would you like these to go up to?" 

"Um," Kazie said, looking at the text message Brian sent her. "Room 2707, please?"

"Certainly. They'll be up within the next ten minutes. Is that okay?" 

"Yes, that's perfect. Thank you so much."

"Anything else I can assist you with?" he asked, opening the door for her.

"No, thank you," she said, smiling.

"The elevators are right to your left. Enjoy your stay."

 

Kazie walked through the busy lobby, taking it all in. Walking to the elevators, she hit the up button, and felt her heart begin to skip beats. The doors slid open, and she stepped in. Pressing the 27th floor, the doors shut, and she took a big deep breath in. The ride up felt like eternity, but before she knew it, the doors opened up. Walking off, she looked down the hall, and followed the signs to their suite. 

"2707. Here we are," she said, under her breath. Gently knocking, she heard footsteps, then the chain and locks move, and the door swung open.

"Hiiiii BRI-YAH!" she said, with a shriek, and jumped into his arms.

"Hiiiii KAZIEEEEE!" he said, squeezing her tight, he kissed the top of her dirty blonde hair.

"How are you? How was your flight?" he asked, as they broke apart. 

"Perfect! Thank you for everything!" she said.

"What can I get you?"  he asked, as they walked into their suite.

"Just a bathroom," she said. "Holy hell," she commented, her eyes widening as she looked around where they would be staying that evening. 

"Down the hall to the left is your room. There's a master bathroom attached. All yours. Is your luggage coming up?"

"Yes, it is."

"What should we do for dinner? Go out? Order in?" Brian asked, flopping down a big, plush white couch.

"I'm fine with room service, as long as it's going on your credit cards," Kazie said, with a wink, causing Brian to laugh. "I'm gonna go shower too, if that's cool?"

"Yes. No one likes a smelly girl," Brian said, making a face. Kazie stuck her tongue out, and walked down the hall. "So, the usual? Chicken fingers, fries, and a chocolate milk shake?"

Kazie turned around. "Brian Thomas. Pul-lease! I'm a grown woman now! Make that cheese fries, and a BANANA chocolate milk shake."

Brian put the thumbs up sign, and grabbed his phone to call, as Kazie walked down the hall, and to the bathroom. Taking everything in, she sighed, and smiled, excited knowing this was just the very beginning of her adventure.