- Text Size +

Kazie sat backstage in the greenroom, fiddling around on her iPad. The guys were all out on the main stage, going over whatever it is they go over before the show. It was a little after 2:30, and she started to debate on going back to the bus to take a nap. They would have to be back at the arena no later than 5, to start sound check, and meet and greet.

Getting up, she slid her iPad into her tote, and walked out of the room.

"Hey, Drew?" she called over to one of the bodyguards. "Can you just let them know I went back to the bus for a little while? They can text me if they need me back in here," Kazie said, walking down the hallway.

"You got it, Miss L," Drew said. Kazie heard the distant sound of "Shape of My Heart" playing from above her. Humming softly, she reached the door, leading to the buses. As she pushed it open, she heard her name called. Turning, she saw Donnie and Jon walking towards her.

"Hey!" she said, letting the door close behind her. "What's up?"

"Nada. Whatchu up to?" Jon asked.

"I was just gonna head back to the bus, and relax. I'm starving, and was maybe gonna try to get a short nap in."

"We were just gonna go get a bite to eat too. Care to join?" Donnie said, his dark hazel eyes sparkling.

"Sure," Kazie said, almost lost in her breath. Jonathan looked at the two of them, and rolled his eyes. "Would you mind though if I ran quick to the bus to grab a hoodie in case it's cold? We're parked right outside," she said, motioning to the door.

"Not at all. We'll wait here for you," Jon said. Kazie opened the door, and darted up the stairs. "Dude."

Donnie turned and looked at him. "What?"

"One, she's Brian and Kevin's cousin. Two, she's TWENTY YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU. Three, she's Brian and Kevin's cousin. Four, there is a FOUR YEAR AGE DIFFERENCE between her and Xavier," Jonathan said, trying not to shout.

"And your point? She's coming to lunch with us! Is the girl not allowed to eat? She's brand new to all of this. We all agreed we want to make her feel welcome, don't we?" Donnie said, defensively.

"I know that look," Jonathan said.

"What 'look' are you talking about?"

"That look you gave her," Jonathan said. "Just, don't do anything stupid."

"Like, ask her to hang out with us? I could hook her up with my son if I really wanted to! I mean, yes, she is absolutely gorgeous, but it's kinda a slight turn off the whole two decades apart thing," Donnie said.

"I'm holding you to this!" Jonathan said, as the door flung back open, and Kazie stood in the doorway.

"Ready?" she asked, with a smile, looking at Donnie.

"Let's do it," he said, following her out, and up the stairs to the parking lot.

"Did you text your cousins?" Jonathan asked, as they got into the town car that was waiting for them.

"Yeah," Kazie said, sliding all the way in. "Why?"

"Just didn't want them to worry," he said, sliding next to her, and buckling his seat belt. Donnie rolled his eyes, and opened up the front passenger door, and climbed in.

"There's a few diner type places and stuff along the main road we saw. Are you okay with that? Anything particular you're in the mood for?" Donnie asked, looking over his shoulder at her.

"Nope. I'm very easy to please," she said.

"Good," Donnie smirked.

"Oh God," Jonathan said, hitting his head against the window.

"You okay?" Kazie said, turning her attention to him

"Yeah. Um, performance anxiety is hitting me early," he said, then stare at Donnie.

Do you need anything? I can call the guys," Kazie said, taking out her cell phone, noticing a text from an unfamiliar number.

Hey! It's Nick. Where are you?"

Smiling, she replied. "Grabbing lunch with Jonathan and Donnie. You guys finished?"

"Yeah. Wanted to see if you wanted to hang."

"Aww. Sorry! We legit just left. Maybe when I get back?"

"Sounds good. Enjoy lunch. See you in a bit"

"Definitely =) "

"No. I'm good, but thank you," Jonathan said. "Who texted you?"

"Oh, just Nick. Wanted to hang out," she responded, then put her cell back in her bag.

"Oh fun. I like Nick. He's a good guy. There's not too big of an age gap between you is there?"

"Um, I think 9 years?" Kazie said.

"Oh, that's not too bad. He's nice," Jonathan said, looking out the window. Kazie gave him a quizzical look, as they began to drive to their destination,