- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Resa has been bad...very much on hiatus. I'm writing...just no updating. Bad me! I'M SORRY!
Chapter 6

For the next few days, I heard from just about every doctor and heard just about every plan as well. Some scared me more than others, some made no sense, and others were just a plain joke.

Finally, I rubbed my eyes, my mind trying to process everything. My head was hurting from listening and my heart was hurting because the after part was not something I was looking for. No matter which direction I went, I was stuck with either a visiting nurse or a stay at home nurse; though each doctor, with every surgery, suggested that a loved one be home to take care of me rather than a nurse. And yes, I knew that I had loved ones who would help take care of me, but the one that was currently living with me, was the one in question.

I wanted to believe that Rochelle loved me like the way that I loved her, but things were questionable, actions were questionable.

“How about we go get AJ something to eat,” my mom said, glancing at Rochelle. I was grateful to my mom for that. I knew her feelings to Rochelle but I knew she was aware that I wanted to talk to Resa. I watched them leave then turned to look at Resa.

“Am I crazy?” Resa smiled and nodded, sitting on the edge of my bed and taking my hand.

“Of course you are. But I think that’s why we loved you.” I took her hand, smiling at that.

“Am I a fool for thinking that she would help to take care of me?”

“Alex, you are asking the wrong person. I have always felt that she would be the type to leave you when you no longer served her purpose. Rochelle is not the type to wait on you or to take care of you. But then again, you know that I don’t care for her very much.”

“I think you have made that clear a time or two.”

“Well, her feelings have been very open and honest about me. She even stated this morning that she would take care of you so that I can just go home, that you wouldn’t have any need of me.”

“She just doesn’t understand our friendship.”

“No Alex, she doesn’t like our friendship. She hates that your best friend is a girl.” I sighed and leaned my head back again. I can admit that it bugged me to no end that my best friend and the woman I loved, couldn’t get along. But how many past boyfriend had I hated that dated Resa?

“I just want happiness.” Resa wrinkled her brow, rather surprised.

“Hm, that’s what all of us want.” She rubbed my hand and sighed. “You know I’m always here. Through anything and everything.” I smiled up at her, knowing that was very true. “As are the fans. Your facebook and twitter have both blown up over this.” I chuckled and shook my head as she told me that.

“I’m sure you are staying on top of things for me.” I sighed and leaned my head back.

“You need to rest AJ. Just let you mind stop, and rest.” She leaned down and kissed my cheek. And as I drifted off to sleep, I couldn’t help but smile.

-----
Two days later, I stared at our manager, who could only seem to tell me that she was very worried about all of this. I glanced at D who only held up his hand and shook his head, letting me know she hadn’t stopped worrying.

“Jen…wait…stop!” She finally looked up and at me.

“Huh? What?”

“Cool it. Look, I know you’re about the only person against this, but it’s going to happen; tomorrow in fact. And I have all the help from you all, and the fans. You know me Jen. I have to be on stage. And not just in a damn wheelchair. That’s not AJ McLean’s style.” She nodded and gave me a hug.

“You better pull through this or I will kick your ass myself.” I chuckled a bit, and then turned my head as the doctor came in.

“Sorry folks, Mr. McLean needs his sleep. And visiting hours are about up.”

“Thanks,” my mom said. She stood by my bed while everyone gave me a quick hug. I waved to them all then looked at the last three women there. I finally let my gaze linger on Rochelle who gave me a soft kiss.

“I love you babe. And I’ll be right here, waiting for you.” She gave me another kiss and then walked out with Nick. My mom brushed my hair aside and then kissed my forehead.

“I love you mom.”

“I love you too baby. Be here first thing in the morning.” I gave her a tight hug before she smiled and then turned to leave the room.

“So…”

“You’re staying right?”

“Please Alex. I’m going to do what you did when I was in here. I’ll be back.” I smiled and leaned back. There was no way I was staying alone. Not this night. After about ten minutes, I heard the door open and then heard her set the alarm on her phone before she climbed up on the bed. She lifted my arm and wrapped it around her and I smiled, glad to have my best friend here with me, glad she knew how scared I was, without voicing it!