- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gotta love when stories take turns you never thought they would have. Glad you're enjoying this journey!
Chapter 2: Meet N Greet

She watched them, her mind going crazy at the mere thought of what has happened over the last six years. Talk about shooting up to fame! Oh, she heard the stories, for Brian did talk to her, but not nearly what they thought. And over the years, I guess you could say their friendship wasn’t much of anything. Hell, she could probably count the number of times her and Brian had talked over the last two years on one hand. And that was pretty sad for being so called best friends. But that was now water under the bridge.

She clapped and sang along with the songs, for she could admit she was a fan. Not just because she knew two of the guys, but because she enjoyed their music. She even let out a few screams when one of the guys got a little too sexy, although, she almost waved when Brian walked to her side of the stage. But amongst all the people, there was no way he saw her, or so she thought. After the set, he rushed backstage and within moments after that, there were two guards coming up to her and slipping her a VIP pass, along with a note to come back after the show. She shook her head, and shoved both into her back pocket.




“Well, I will be damned. If it isn’t Mister Kevin, all star, Richardson.” He quickly turned around, smiled and then went over to give her a hug.

“I thought B-Rok had lost his mind when he said he saw you in the crowd.”

“Well, you know me, had to come see what all the fuss was about.”

“And?”

“Nothing really exciting.” Kevin rolled his eyes at her.

“Whatever. Here, let me introduce you around. This here,” he took the hand of a taller woman, “is Kristen, my girlfriend. Kay, Brian’s long time friend. God, she used to bug me.”

“Shut up Kevin! It’s a pleasure Kirsten.” Theresa held out her hand, which Kristen took with a smile.

“Like wise. So, Brian huh?"

“Gosh yes. Is he still a pain in the ass?”

“Very much so. Him and Nick are the worst. Maybe that’s why they get along so well.”

“And Nick is the blonde one, right?”

“Right. Babe, introduce her to everyone.” She poked Kevin, who grinned at his girlfriend and then took Theresa’s hand.

“Well, the one with the tattoos is AJ. AJ, Brian’s best friend. And this is Howie.” She shook both of their hands, smiling.

“It’s a pleasure. You guys put on a great show tonight!”

“We enjoy performing,” AJ said, shrugging and leaning against the table. He felt it shake and then quickly straightened, seeing Nick trying to shake it. “Carter!”

“The second trouble maker. Yo Nick, come here.” Nick glanced at Kevin, pushed his blonde locks away and walked over.

“Man, why you cheating on Kay?”

“God you’re young. I’m not! Theresa, the pain in the butt, Nick. Nick, this is Brian’s best friend.” His lips pouted into a frown after Kevin’s speech but shook her hand.

“I’ve known Brian for quite a while. But, you’re still his best friend. Don’t doubt that.”

“Good. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Like wise Nick.”

“Does B-Rok know you’re here?”

“I have a feeling he’s the one who hooked me up with the VIP pass here.”

“You’re right about that.” She turned around and smiled brightly.

“Brian!” He scooped her up and into a big hug and held her tightly.

“I’m glad you came. I talked to mom and she said the last time she spoke to you, you didn’t know if you were coming.”

“Yeah, well, I got a break, so I thought I might as well see you once.” Theresa smiled then stepped away as a woman walked up to Brian and slipped her arm around his waist.

“Sorry honey. LeighAnne, meet one of my best and longest friends, Theresa; Theresa, my girlfriend, LeighAnne.” Theresa shook her hand, but her eyes kept straying back to Brian; anyone with eyes could see how much in love Brian was; which meant that marriage was probably on his mind. So, much for her dream of marrying her best friend.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Theresa. Bri talks about you and it’s nice to finally put a face with a name.”

“It’s nice to meet you too. Brian has spoken about a love a few times, but for some unknown reason, Brian never gave me a name.”

“Brian!” LeighAnne gently hit him and you could easily see the love between them.

“So, are you guys staying in town a few days?”

“You mean to tell me, you aren’t like a die hard fan because you know Brian?”

“No, Nick, I’m not. I like your music, but I have no reason to ogle all of you.”

“Oh.” His face fell as he sat down. “But you don’t find any of us sexy?”

“Nick, shut up,” AJ told him as he walked up behind him and slapped the back of his head. “She knows the guys. I’m sure that’s a big turn off.”

“How about we don’t talk as if I’m not here,” she tried to get out between her fits of laughter.

“In answer to your question, Theresa, yes, were have a few days off and I was gonna show some of the guys around. Or well, Kevin and I were. You’re more than welcome to stay and help me. After all, I’m sure you know more then me.”
“Of course. One of us had to stay awake in history to make sure we both passed it.”

“I think,” LeighAnne said, walking up to Theresa and slipping her arm through Theresa’s, “that you can shed some unholy light on the innocent guy of the group here.”

“You know what LeighAnne, you’re right. I’ve heard the nickname so to speak and had to wonder why they seemed to call him that.” Brian only blushed as everyone laughed at her comment.

-----
She went back to her hotel, throwing her purse on the table, her head spinning. Maybe she had some feelings for Brian; they were best friends after all. And she sorta hoped by coming out here and seeing everything, that his love was just a fluke. But then she should have known better. This was her Brian she was talking about.

She sighed, rubbing her temples from the headache that Nick seemed to give her. Don’t get her wrong, he was nice enough, but damn was he way immature. And for that alone, she had to wonder how Nick and Brian ended up becoming best friends, for in some ways, they were so much on the opposite ends.

She kicked her shoes off and sat down in the chair, really thinking about Brian and the group. It was great to see him and Kevin, though she missed them, but she was more than happy that their dreams came true. Well more like all of this craziness exceeded their dreams. And that’s exactly what it was; straight up craziness. How they could stand all that screaming, all that stalking, she wouldn’t understand.

She got up as she heard a knock, not really expecting anyone, even though she told Brian where she was staying. So, she was quit surprised to see him there, along with a bodyguard.

“I’m not gonna maul you, you know?”

“I know, but the coming here could have had me mauled.” She laughed and bid them both to enter but his bodyguard declined and said he would be at the bar and would be ready when Brian came back down.

“I promise to take care of him.” She closed the door behind Brian and turned to him. “I didn’t think you would stop by.”

“And miss the chance to hang out with my best friend, are you kidding?”

“Well, you know, this is a best friend you don’t talk to very much anymore.” She walked back over to her chair and sat down, waving her hand for Brian to do the same.

“Hey, you would not believe how busy I...we have been. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t still see you as my best friend. Trust me; there are things you know that no one else knows.” She just stared at him, a brow raised, a smirk on her lips.

“And that’s supposed to make a friendship? Communication is also a huge deal!” She knew it was mean, but she liked teasing him, she liked seeing him squirm, since it was something he normally didn’t do. And after a few moments of staring at her in shock, he finally saw the teasing glint in her eye.

“Oh you’re horrible!”

“Learned from the best.” They laughed for a bit before he leaned back in the chair. “I’m glad to see how happy you are though.”

“I am. All of this is just amazing. It was a rough start and a slow one, but goodness, when it went boom, none of us were quite expecting it.”

“Yeah, I gathered that much. I’ve pretty much followed your whole career here. And you know how proud I am of you.”

“I know. So, since you met them, what do you think of the guys? And of LeighAnne?”

“Well, they all seem cool, certainly nice enough. Nick is too immature though. And AJ is kinda freaky. Howie was very sweet, but kinda quiet. And as for LeighAnne, I liked her. And it’s obvious to anyone that you two are madly in love.”

“Yeah, we are. I’m glad you like her.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m going to ask her to marry me.”