- Text Size +
Chapter 3: Spilling The Beans

Those words kept playing over in her mind the next day, not sure what to make of everything he said. It wasn’t like he wanted her approval that much was obvious. So, why did he care so much that she liked LeighAnne?

“You’re quiet, what’s wrong?” She looked up from her soda and glanced at Nick, who had already pranked her twice, which caused Brian to be mad at him, which, of course in turn, had Nick be mad at her; so she was more than surprised he was even noticing that. But, looking around the table, she could see everyone else in some type of conversation and that pretty much left him alone, not a good thing.

“Uh, nothing Nick. Just thinking over things.”

“Like?”

“All of this, the fans, my job.”

“It’s all a bit much.” He wrinkled his nose and though she thought him young, and did not share the opinion of every die hard BSB fan that said Nick was the sexy one, she could admit that little motion was cute.

“I’m not sure I could handle that constant hounding, or the screaming.”

“It’s very fattening though.” She bit he lip and tried so hard not to laugh but a few chuckles escaped anyway.

“It’s flattering Nick, not fattening.”

“Oh!” He ducked his head, a blush creeping up on his little cheeks.

“It’s okay though, I promise not to say a word about it.”

“Thank you.” He cleared his throat, looked around and then looked back at her. “So, what can you tell me about Brian?”

“What do you wanna know? I’m sure at this point Nick, you know more about that man then I do.”

“Not really, we don’t know much about his past.”

“Ah, I see. You want me to spill the beans on the ‘Saint Brian’ over there.” She took a sip of her soda and then leaned back, starting the tale of when they were in Junior High and how he had put stink bombs in all five of the girls bathrooms and how quite a few of the girls ran out scared and stinky. “I was one of them. But I know what pain in the ass had done it. You see, Brian tried stopping me from going to that particular bathroom but it didn’t work.” By the time she wrapped up her story, she had everyone watching her.

“My Brian was a pain in the butt?”

“Sorry LeighAnne, but WAS is not the right word. I think that IS, is the right term.” That caused another round of laughter from everyone.

“Why have we never heard anything like this Brian?”

“Cause, Howie, he’s not going to tell and I’m pretty sure that Mr. Kevin won’t dare breath a word. He is, after all, afraid of some certain cousins I do believe.” Everyone busted out laughing yet again.

“Now, Theresa, do you really think it’s best to keep going through such horrible stories?”

“Oh yes, I do Saint Bri, because if they haven’t figured it out by now, then they need to know. You should just be so lucky that I don’t take such stories to the press. Should I inform them of the time when you were interviewed for the play by the school newspaper and how all you did was goof around, so much in fact, that the reporter said the only reason that you got the lead of such a down right serious role was because you could sing, and the play would flop because of you?”

“Did you have to go there?”

“Yes, because the reporter was me! And you knew better!” She shook her head as everyone cracked up.

“And you get on my case because I happen to be non serious, B-Rok?”

“I have an evil twin Nick, you have nothing.”

“Hey, that’s a lie!” Nick pouted a bit and Theresa patted his arm.

“Don’t let him get to you. Bri had always hated being in such a horrible light. And if you all will excuse me,” Theresa said, standing up, “I gotta run to the ladies room.”

“I’ll join you,” LeighAnne offered, getting up as well and walking with Theresa.

“Thanks Leigh.”

“No problem. Actually, I wanted to talk to you.” Theresa pushed the door open, and then turned to look at LeighAnne, fearing the worst of this meeting.

“What about?”

“Brian.” LeighAnne leaned against the counter and crossed her arms.

“Oh.” Theresa licked her lips and smiled. “Do go on.”

“You know him better than anyone. Do you think he might be thinking of marriage with me?” Theresa just stared at LeighAnne for a few moments, quite shocked to hear that instead of the whole ‘stay away from my man’ speech. “Theresa?”

“I’m sorry. That’s just not what I was expecting.”

“It’s not? What did you think I was gonna say?”

“That he was your man and I had best stay away.” She put her hand to her chest and shook her head.

“Goodness, no. Brian has talked about you and I know how close you two are. I could never ask him to choose. Besides, I’m secure in his love for me.”

“Good. Because he is in love with you, very much so. You really landed a good man there Leigh.”

“Thank you. I like to think I did too.”

-----
After lunch, they all walked around, taking a few of the sights, laughing some at the antics of Brian and Nick. And as she sat back and watched those two, she could see why they got along. Brian would always be a big ol’ kid at heart and Nick was just a kid.

Way too young for her tastes, which was fine. Unlike half of the girls around the world, she just couldn’t fantasize about any of them. Of course, knowing that they had serious girlfriends just drew them out of her realm even more.

“Do you smoke?” Theresa quickly turned around and looked at AJ.

“Uh, no. Do you think you should be?”

“Probably not. But it’s the only way I can seem to help fight off the edge.” Theresa tilted her head and looked at him. Now, she said she didn’t find them all that sexy, but she could admit that the voice she loved most was AJ’s. She really hated to think of him losing it at any point because he was so young and so stupid to get caught up in something like that.

“The edge?”

“Yeah. The stress, the pressures, it all becomes hard to deal with at times and it’s not like I can drink.” She watched him light up and take a few drags, seeing a path for him that could possibly hurt way more than ever be helpful.

“I know you don’t know me, and I know your probably gonna look at me like I’m crazy, and you certainly can, but please be careful. There’s a lot of things that are open to you all of you and I would really hate to see anything happen to you or any of the guys.” With that she walked away, her stomach twisting and went in search of Brian, not sure what she was going to tell him.

------
“So, you think the guys are okay?” Brian sat down on the chair next to Theresa and nudged her.

“I do. I like them, all of them are rather cool. Except for Nick. He’s way too young and rather acts immature.”

“So you don’t share the love that he’s like this sexy one?”

“God no! Reminds me way too much of James, maybe that’s why he irks me.”

“How is your brother?”

“Good. Off at basic training.”

“I thought that’s what he was saying in his last letter. So I gather your scare tactics don’t work anymore?”

“Nope, haven’t for a while. Well, except the one where I say I’m gonna tell mom. Gets him to stop being a prick long enough.”

“I’m glad you’re doing well, Theresa.”

“I am. I guess my life is headed down a good path and I can’t object to it.’

“Someday, I want you happy, like I am.” He took her hand and squeezed it, meaning that with his whole heart, no matter who it was.