- Text Size +
Chapter 4: Time to Celebrate

She fixed his tie and then smoothed out his labels, smiling up at him. His blue eyes looked down at her, and for all their past, he was happy that she had stayed his ever loyal best friend.

“I think, Mr Littrell, you are ready to say I do.”

“Are you sure?”

“Uh, yeah, you have a crap load of people out there that you can’t send home. You have a few reporters who would be devastated that they can’t take their pictures of a Backstreet Boy. And you got me into a pinkish dress. So, hell for that alone you’re ass is getting married!”

“Thank you.” She frowned as she watched him. She hadn’t done anything that she was aware of, and certainly nothing that would be making him thank her. “For all of this. For helping us and then for being here. Leigh loves you to pieces and you know that.”

“I do, and I love her too.”

“And I’m just really glad you two get along so well.

“Brian, stop thinking like that.” He took her hands and shook his head.

“You don’t understand. You, right next to my future wife, mean the world to me. I’m glad that you have been here through out all of it, keeping me strong when all I wanted to do was fail. I know life hasn’t been easy for you with the miscarriage and then run away groom and I’m sorry, but having your strength has been amazing. No words could ever thank you.” Theresa cleared her throat a few times and then gave him a hug, burying her head in his neck, her tears slowly coming out. They, even as friends, had been through so much and this road that he was going really didn’t have her in it. Well, to some degree anyways. “You’re my best friend Theresa,” he whispered, rubbing her back.

“Hey now, I do not want to go tell that lovely blonde that you are in here hugging another chick.” Theresa pulled away, wiping her eyes and glared at Nick.

“Do you have a lighter on you? Or matches?” she asked Nick.

“No. Oh my God, have you not forgotten about that?”

“Nick, you set my hair on fire! How can I forget about it? And I have hairspray in it now, so I really don’t want you touching me!”

“Please! B-Rok, can you please inform her that I’m not some type of jokester anymore?”

“Can’t Nick, you pranked her just the other day, giving her that cupcake.” Theresa whirled around to see Nick waving his hands at Brian.

“That was you? You said Kevin had bought that for me. Oh, damn it Carter, even in this dress and heels I’m kicking your ass. Get back here you damn giant!” Theresa ran by Brian who quickly caught her arm.

“Stop, you can get him later. Right now, you gotta finish helping me.”

“Only cause it’s your wedding and I don’t want to take wedding pictures with someone who will ruin them.”

“Thank you.” Theresa grabbed Brian’s jacket and held it up for him. “Did I mention your walking down the aisle with Carter?” Theresa narrowed her eyes at Brian and growled at him.

-----
“You look lovely, by the way.” Theresa linked her arm through Nick’s and held onto her flowers.

“Thank you, but that does not make me forgive that stunt you pulled. I was washing my mouth out for two hours and still didn’t get all the black off.”

“That was horrible of me. But it was pretty damn funny too.” Theresa rolled her eyes, slowly walking down the aisle.

“Why did we get paired up?”

“Ask LeighAnne. She said something about us looking good together.” But before she could ask anything, they had come up to the alter and had to go separate ways. As LeighAnne started down the aisle, Theresa turned slightly to watch Brian, smiling at all the love that was shinning in his eyes. Silently, she was so thankful that he had found his true love. And though she and Brian had a few brief moments, she knew that her relationship with Brian would never be like that.

As LeighAnne walked up to Brian and took his hand, you could see the love coming from her as well. In face of everything that had happened to Theresa, she longed for what these lovely people shared. She smiled at Brian as he glanced at her and turned her attention to Nick, surprised to find him staring at her so intently. Mentally, she shrugged, seeing that as another question to ask him. With that, she turned her attention back to the couple, wanting to hear the vows that they had written for each other.

-----
Three hours later, Theresa leaned against Nick, laughing at how crazy he was, her sixth drink in her hand. If there was anything she could say about LeighAnne, she knew how to throw a party. Not only was the wedding beautiful, but so was the reception, which so did not look like it was going to end.

“Do you need another drink?” Nick asked, slipping his arm around her waist.

“I would love another, thank you.”

“Don’t you think you’ve had enough?” She whirled around and narrowed her eyes at Brian.

“Are you kidding? I think I’m just getting started.” She giggled and then hiccupped, LeighAnne coming up to Brian and kissing him.

“Baby, let Theresa be, she hasn’t crashed our party and she’s in good hands.” She smiled at Nick and AJ, who were currently watching Theresa.

“I don’t need a baby sitter. Really Bri.” Theresa waved off Brian and took the drink that Nick held out for her. But Nick caught Brian’s eye over her head and nodded his head in that silent understanding.

“Theresa, let’s dance,” AJ said, taking the drink and setting it on the table, grabbed her hand and pulled her out on the dance floor. She squealed and both Brian and Nick shook their heads.

“Just make sure she’s safe man,” Brian said, clapping his friend on the shoulder, leaving Nick alone to watch the crazy duo.

-----
“My feet are killing me Nick,” she grumbled, lifting her feet and curling them under her, causing her to lean against him. He sighed and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She was past wasted and he blamed AJ for that dumbass move. He kept telling AJ to stop getting the drinks, but dumbass that he was, he wouldn’t stop. In fact, he was just as bad. Although, he was currently past out on the opposite side of the limo. God, Brian was gonna kill him if anything happened to Theresa. And with AJ in the mood he was in, any ass was good to screw.

Nick wrinkled his nose at that, his mind already picturing the screaming that would happen if AJ managed to do that! Nick firmly believed that they would be minus two members, for Bri would be locked away for murder.

Nick rubbed his face with his free hand and then gently shook Theresa. They had stopped outside the hotel, but his only really concern was getting Theresa up and to her room safely. She moaned and leaned more against him. Great, just flippin’ great.

“AJ, you dumbass, wake up!” Nick rolled his eyes as AJ only turned over and ended up falling to the floor.

“What the hell?”

“Get up, we are at the hotel.”

“Help me in man.”

“I can’t. Theresa is past out and I told Bri that I would make sure she was safe.”

“Mmm, Theresa, one very fine woman. Here, let me help you with her. You know, she might be too heavy for you to carry.” But before AJ could come any closer, Nick pulled back and decked AJ, wincing at the pain that shot through his arm, but figured it was worth it, if it kept a dumb shit away.

“You asshole! That hurt! Damn you, you little prick!”

“Good, now get your own ass up to your own damn room.” With that, Nick lifted her up and carried her up to her room, quickly getting her key out of her purse. He laid her on the bed and went to turn on some lights, making his way to her mini bar and then sighed as she went to the bathroom, quickly uploading all those drinks.

He sighed yet again, knowing he was gonna be in for a long night.

-----
The following morning he stumbled off the chair, his shirt long since destroyed by vomit, eye liner and eye shadow. He pushed his hand through his blonde locks and opened her door, blinking a few times as he saw Brian there, a pure murderous gaze on his face.

“Wait, Bri, it’s not what you think!”

“It’s not?! Did you not take advantage of my best friend?”

“No I didn’t!”

“Then why are you half naked?”

“Excuse me, do you not mind screaming?” Both men turned to look at Theresa who was currently looking tempting in nothing more than Nick’s shirt. But before Nick could say anything, Brian already had his fist in motion and connected it with Nick’s jaw.