- Text Size +
Charlotte and Natalie have been spending a lot more time together since Charlotte agreed to take Natalie a few times a week to relieve Brian’s parents. Natalie was starting to grow fond of Charlotte getting to know her other than just “Charlie”. Charlotte made her normal round to the coffee shop to pick up Natalie for the day but when she walked in she didn’t see Natalie only Brian.

“Hey Bri, where’s sweet pea?”

“Mom said you needed a day off so she took her to the zoo or something” he said as he wiped down the nearby table.

“Why didn’t you just call me silly?”

“Well, if I remember correctly I owe you a date.” He smiled.

“Well that is true but why not just ask me,” she giggled,” I would have liked to have put on some better clothes other than a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt.”

“You look fine just the way you are, I am going as I am come on it will be fun” he suggested. Charlotte narrowed her eyes and looked at Brian.

“And you are just going to get up and just leave work like that?” a smirk appeared on Brian’s face.

“I have a little bit of a confession. I took today off” he laughed,” I really wasn’t sure if you’d come the way you are” Charlotte smiled.

“Brian you are so silly you know that. I see where Natalie gets her witty humor from.”

“Well I try, so shall we get going?”

“Sounds good,” Brian opened the door for Charlotte and they started walking down the strip and stopped at a little pub. Charlotte looked at Brian confused.

“Isn’t it a little early to be drinking? It isn’t even noon yet,” she joked.

“This is one of my favorite places they don’t serve alcohol until evening but during the day they serve some of the best food you have ever tasted.” He said as he opened the door.

“Alright I will take your word for it.” She smiled as she walked in.

“Ah Brian my man I see you came today. I wasn’t expecting you until later this evening.” The bald man behind the bar said.

“Well Kurt, I have this lovely lady with me today and I decided to pop in early I will be back later though I promise. Looks kinda busy this afternoon.”

“Yeah, I know its unusual. You may have to play two shows today” Kurt chuckled. Brian smiled.

“I think I can do that is my guitar hanging around back there? I think I forgot to take it home last week,”

“Yeah let me go and get it for you bro,” Charlotte just stood there confused as hell to what was going on.

“I have yet another confession Natalie told me you love music and it seems that is all you two talk about I thought I would share with you what I am passionate about which is singing, I just was unable to pursue it due to unforeseen circumstances, and now seeing that we are all becoming such good friends I thought I would share this part of my life with you.” Kurt came in from the back and handed Brian his guitar.

“Natalie said you were good and wanted to move to Nashville.” “I do, maybe someday but for right now I just sing here on Friday nights most of the time never played a day show before but I see quite a few familiar faces that like to hang out throughout the week.”

“I can’t wait to hear you” Charlotte said with a smile. She was certainly looking forward to it, it’s all Natalie can talk about when they are together. Charlotte watched Brian walk up on the tiny little stage and sat down on the stool and put his guitar in front of him. He looked so happy being up there on the stage like he had been doing it forever.

“Well hello everybody. I am glad to see some familiar faces out there this fine afternoon. Well I have a very special friend with me today and believe it or not she has never heard me sing, and I thought I would pop in here before my set this evening as well and see if I could sing a little song for y’all.” Brian said into the microphone Charlotte watched as his face lit up like a firefly,” The song I am going to play for you is a song I wrote quite a long time ago I right after my daughter Natalie was born. I don’t think I have ever sang it in front of anyone before but I hope you enjoy its called “My Little Girl”.

Gotta hold on easy as I let you go Gonna tell you how much I love you though you think I already know I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm. You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.

You're beautiful baby from the outside in. Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again. Go on, take on this whole world. But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl

Charlotte listened to Brian sing with such passion and emotion and his voice was so soothing it made her heart want to melt into a puddle of water on the ground.

When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone. Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown. Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You!" in the moonlight at your door. As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy Love You More!"

You're beautiful baby from the outside in. Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again. Go on, take on this whole world. But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl

Charlotte was impressed with him the control he showed in his voice and the way he played his guitar made her feel like she was going to go weak in the knees she wanted to hear more and never wanted him to stop singing. This could be the start of a new project for her.

Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand. But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half that makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man. I know he'll say that he's in love. But between you and me. He won't be good enough!

You're beautiful baby from the outside in. Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again. Go on, take on this whole world. But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl

Everybody clapped Charlotte didn’t realize just how popular Brian was around these parts and how in the world he didn’t already have some kind of a record deal. Brian got off stage and put his guitar back behind the bar and sat down next to Charlotte.

“So what did you think?” Charlotte let out a smile.

“It was fantastic!” she exclaimed,” How do you not have a record deal?”

“I guess it just hasn’t been played in my cards yet. I have thought about it a million times just to pack up and move to Nashville and leave this place behind but I don’t think I could just leave my parents, but maybe it will happen someday,” he said.

“I think you are amazing I want to hear more of your stuff that’s if you have a lot of it.”

“ I have tons of stuff, but I keep more of my personal songs just to myself but I will be glad to show you sometime.” Charlotte smiled and nodded. She knew she would eventually have to tell him who she really was but would he accept her? And what would he think? Would he just use her fame to get what he wanted? She really wanted to take a chance on him she felt like she was falling for this southern boy but would it work out?

“My Little Girl” By Tim McGraw Album: Flicka Soundtrack & Tim McGraw Reflections: Greatest Hits Vol 2.