- Text Size +
“I can’t believe they’re adding another show and bringing it here! They’ve never ended a tour in Boston!”

Emma smiled as Addie searched for tickets. It had been a month since the night at the bowling alley and Howie was calling her every other day.

“I think it’s because someone needs an excuse to come and see you!”

“Oh c’mon. You have to admit you’re pretty excited to see them.”

“Maybe just a little.” Emma answered.

The boys had been great and she really liked hanging out with them. She was surprised at how real and easygoing they were; they were genuinely nice guys.

“A little my butt! You had a blast with AJ and Nick. I think you might even…..”

“Don’t go there! Do you not remember the conversation we had in the car?”

“I know but…..”

The look on Emma’s face made Addie stop midsentence. She knew that her friend was getting annoyed and decided not to push it any further.

“How come you wouldn’t let Howie give us tickets?” Addie asked changing the subject quickly.

“Because you’re not dating him. I would feel weird having the guys give us free tickets. I mean we just met them a month ago.”

“Yeah but Howie offered.”

“So? Would you take a car if Howie offered it to you?”

“No but that’s different.”

“Not really. I don’t think we should take advantage of them.”

“It’s tickets Em, not a house!”

“I don’t care. We have enough money for the tickets so let’s just buy them.”

“Will you let him give us the meet and greet passes?”
“No, we get those ourselves. I don’t wanna owe anyone anything.”

“You’re a pain in the ass.” Addie said with a pout.

“But you love me.” Emma teased with a smile.

“You’re lucky I do!”

Emma laughed. “I'm gonna take a shower. Get busy on finding those tickets! The show’s in two days!”

--------------------------

“I can’t believe she wouldn’t let me give her the tickets. Does she not like me?”

“Oh brother.” Kevin murmured.

“It’s not that Howie.” Nick said. “She made a point of telling you that this was Emma’s call and not hers.”

“But she still won’t take them.”

The guys didn’t want to tell Howie, but they were pleasantly surprised by Emma’s insistence that the girls buy their own tickets. Usually, fans would happily take whatever the boys were giving out. People had tried to take advantage of them since their popularity soared and it was nice to know that not everyone was like that.

“She’s coming to the concert right?” AJ asked.

“Yeah.”

“And she’s coming to the meet and greet right?”

“Both of them.”

“Then what the hell are you worried about? If she didn’t like you, do you really think she’d spend the money to buy tickets to the concert AND the meet and greet?”

Howie blushed. “I guess you’re right.”

“I always am!” AJ replied with a grin. “It shouldn’t surprise you anymore!”

Nick shook his head as he watched the others finish packing. He had to admit that it would be nice to see them again. They all had a blast hanging out at the bowling alley and he was hoping that maybe they’d get the chance to hang out again. Lauren was coming out the show and he wanted her to join them. His cellphone snapped him back into reality and he stepped out in the hall to take the call.

“Hey babe.”

“Hey sweetie. Do you have a second?”

“For you, always. What’s up?”

“I don’t want you to be mad but I’m not going to be able to come out for the last show.”

“But Lauren……”

“I know I said I would but something came up at work and I need to take care of it. You’re almost done with the tour anyway. We’ll have plenty of time together when you get back.”

“I know but I wanted you to make at least one show.”

“I’m sorry Nick but this is important.”

So am I, Nick thought to himself. He didn’t say it out loud because he wasn’t interested in starting a fight but it was getting on his nerves. It felt like she always had to do something else instead of spend time with him.

“Will you be around when I get home?”

“I should be.”

Nick had to bite his tongue to keep from thanking her for fitting him into her busy schedule.

“Call me when you land and I’ll come get you.”

“Ok.”

“I love you Nicky.”

“Love you too Lauren.”

“Have fun and I’ll see you soon.”

He didn’t even have time to reply before she hung up on him. Shoving the phone into his pocket, he walked back into the room. None of the guys needed to ask since the look on his face said he had another phone call from Lauren and it didn’t turn out the way he wanted.

“When do we leave?”