- Text Size +
Chapter 16

“ Man it’s been a while since I been back in the old hood.” Nick said as I drove us down to Ruskin.
“ Yeah I bet it has been a while, but don’t you go through it when you head down to Sarasota?” I asked as we entered North Ruskin.
“ I normally go around Ruskin or I go down on the boat.” Nick said as I came to a red light.
“ I see I sometimes do the same thing, I guess there are a few memories that I wanted to forget.” I said as we headed towards the very small town.
Ten minutes later I was entering the town of Ruskin. I took all the right and left turns to get to the streets that my parents live on.
“ Man there is Brent’s mom and dad’s house and yes before you say anything they still live there.” Nick said as we went pass the house that was my parent’s neighbor.
“ Yeah that’s what mom tells me, and I have seen Brent here a few times too. Well here we are.” I said pulling into the drive way and parking next to my grandparent’s car.
“ Well we better get in there and say hi to everyone.” Nick said as he unbuckled his seat belt and opened the door.
We got out of the car and I opened the back door and pulled out the box that had the two desserts in it. I closed the car door and both Nick and I headed for the house.
“ Jenny come on in.” my grandma said as she opened the front door.
“ Hey gram, this is Nick and Nick this is my grandma Mary.” I said as we stopped in front of her.
“ Hello Ma’am it’s nice to meet you.” Nick said as he shook my grandma’s hand.
“ Please call me Mary.” My grandma said as she stepped aside to let us into the house.
“ Ok thanks Mary.” Nick said giving her his famous Carter smile.
We went into the house and we heard laughing coming from the kitchen. Grandma led us to the kitchen and sure enough everyone was in the kitchen.
“ Hey everybody I’m here with my friend.” I said coming into the kitchen and everyone turned and looked at us.
My cousin saw Nick standing behind me and I saw her mouth drop very wide as she just stood there looking at us.
“ Oh My God that’s Nick Carter.” My cousin said as she just stood there looking straight at him.
“ Um… hey and yes I’m Nick Carter and you are?” he asked as came over to the small group that was gathered around the kitchen island.
“ Hey Nick it’s so great to see you again, it’s been a long time son.” My dad said as he came over to Nick and shook hands with him.
“ Hey sir it’s great to see you too.” Nick said as he returned my father’s hand shake.
“ Nick how are your parents.” My mom said as she came over to him and gave him a warm and motherly hug.
“ Fine I guess, they divorced a couple of years ago.” Nick said as he returned my mom’s hug.
“ Oh I’m sorry to hear about that what about your brother and sisters?” she asked as she let him go and stepped away from him.
“ They are doing good, BJ lives here in Tampa don’t far from my mom, Leslie lives in Canada with her husband, Aaron lives in Miami and Angel lives in Los Angeles, as for me well I’m between here, Los Angeles and Nashville.” Nick said as he took the box from me and put it on the island.
“ Oh that’s good that someone is close to your mom. Man Leslie is married, we always thought it would be either you or BJ that would get married first.” Mom said as she headed back to the potatoes that she was peeling.
We all headed into the living room and began watching a movie while mom, grandma and cousin was in the kitchen fixing dinner, I asked to help but mom just told me to go into the living room and hang out with Nick. It was two hours later Nick and I left and headed over to his mom’s house where I met his step dad and sister BJ. We had a very great time with them, and then after that we headed home and had a very quiet night together.
While we laid there in bed together Nick had his hand on my stomach.
“ Oh My God was that the baby?” Nick asked as he felt the baby kick.
“ Oh my I believe it is.” I said as we both felt our baby kick for the first time.
We just laid there and felt our baby move around as we fell asleep in each other’s arms.