- Text Size +
Chapter 17

“ I will meet you at Applebee’s after I leave the doctors office.” I said walking out of my office and heading out the door.
“ Ok damn I forgot the you had a doctor’s appointment today, see you when you can get here then.” Melinda said as she parked her car in the parking lot of the restaurant.
“ Ok I’ll see you when I get there you are at the one in Brandon on Providence Road right.” I said getting into the car and buckling up.
“ Yes that is the one you told me was better one and I do have to agree with you on that too.” Melinda said as she unbuckled and gathered up her stuff before getting out of the car.
“ Ok, really you like it better too, well I better get off the phone so that way I get going, my blue tooth is at home charging up. I’ll call you when I have left the doctor’s office and I will let you know when I’m at the restaurant too, so that way you can tell me where you are sitting at.” I said starting up the car.
“ Ok see you then.” Melinda said as walked into the restaurant.
We hung up and I headed off to the doctor’s off and today they are going to do an ultrasound on me, and I talked to Nick the other day and I told him that I wanted to know what I we where going to have, that is if the baby is in position for us to see the sex of the baby.
At first Nick didn’t want to know, but we came up with an agreement that only us and the doctor would know the sex of the baby, and the family and everyone else would know what we are having is when I give birth to the baby.
Twenty minutes later I was walking into the doctor’s office and there were four women in the waiting room when I came into the office.
“ Good afternoon can I help you.” The nurse asked as I came up to the desk.
“ Um… yes ma’am, I’m here to see Dr. Campbell.” I said as I signed the sign in sheet.
“ Ok your name please.” The nurse asked as she looked for Dr. Campbell’s schedule on the computer.
“ It’s Jennifer.” I said somewhat whispering so that the other couldn’t hear my name.
“ Oh ok, please go through the door and go to the first room on the left, and the nurse will be with shortly.” The nurse said as she saw that my name was in red which means celebrity.
I went through the door and went into the room that she wanted me to wait until I had to see the doctor.
I was sitting there for five mintues when a nurse came into the room.
“ Jennifer are you ready.” The lady said as she stood in the door way.
“ Yeah lets do this.” I said getting up and followed her to the scale so she could weigh me.
I took off my shoes and stepped onto the scale and I when she started moving the weights on the scale and that’s when I saw that I have gained ten pounds.
“ Ok, please follow me and Dr. Campbell will be with you in a couple of minutes.” The nurse said as she started down the hallway to the room that I was going to be in.
We walked into the room and I sat down on the table and then the nurse began taking my vitals before she left the room.
I was sitting there for two minutes when the door opened up and the doctor came into the room.
“ Good afternoon Jennifer and it’s so great to see you today, and how are you doing so far.” Dr. Campbell said as she came over to me and shook my hand.
“ Afternoon Doctor, I’m doing pretty good, I felt the baby move last weekend.” I said as I laid back so that way the doctor could exam my baby.
“ That’s great news mmm….” Was all the doctor said as she moved both her hands over my swollen belly.
“ Is there a problem?” I asked sounding a little scared.
“ Oh no there isn’t anything wrong, I was just wondering if your sure about when you got pregnant.” She said as she stopped on my left side and felt the baby move.
“ Yes I’m sure when I got pregnant because it happen when I was in Las Vegas at my High School Reunion.” I said looking up at the doctor.
“ Ok, well I’m hope the ultrasound will prove in what I’m thinking.” She said as she putting down my shirt and I sat up.
“ Ok so what are you thinking?” I asked as I moved my feet over the edge of the exam table.
“ Well the reason why I asked about the date you got pregnant was because you seemed a little big, and now I believe why, I think you are carrying twins.” The doctor said as she smiled at me as she washed her hands.
“ Um… did you say twins, oh boy.” Was all I could say because I was in total shock.
Well they brought in the ultrasound machine and sure enough I’m going to have twins.
“ So do you want to know what you are going to have, because I can see the sexes of them.” The doctor said with a smile on her face.
“ Yes both me and the father of the babies want to know?” I said looking at her and she nodded to the tech, who turned the machine towards me so I could see what they were looking at.
“ Well congrats to you and the father, you both are going to have a boy and a girl.” The doctor said as she pointed out which baby was which.
“ Oh my a girl and boy, that is so great.” I said as tears came to my eyes.
They made two copies of the images that was on machine before I could leave the office.
Man Nick will be so surprise, because the other night we where talking about what we wanted, well I want a boy and believe it or not Nick wanted a girl.
I got into the car and headed off towards the restaurant were I would get a very huge surprise again.
“ Hey I’m on my way and I should be there in about twenty minutes.” I said as I got into the car.
“ Ok I’ll see you when you get here.” Melinda said as another person of her party showed up.
I hung up and pulled out of the parking lot and made my way to the restaurant. Twenty minutes later I was pulling into the parking lot and parked near the front of the restaurant and made my way inside the restaurant.
“ Hey!” I got when I walked up to the area where Melinda was sitting with Kimberly, Pam, Lori and Leia.
“ Oh my this is a huge surprise I’m so glad to see you all.” I said as I came up to each one of them and gave them hugs.
“ Oh my God Jenny are you?” Kimberly said as she stepped back and saw my baby bump.
“ Yeah I’m pregnant, and that’s why I’m late getting here because I had a doctor’s appointment.” I said as we all took our seats, and the waitress came over and took our drink orders.
It was an hour later we where say bye to each other and Melinda was going to throw a small party for the girls that where here.
I got home and saw Nick sitting on the couch with his guitar playing a song that he had been working on for the past couple of days.
“ Hey baby how did the doctor’s appointment go?” He said putting down the guitar and coming over to me and pulled me into his arms.
“ It went great and I found out something too.” I said pulling away from him and going over to my bag and pulling out the picture that I got from the doctors and handed it to him.
“ Ok what I’m I looking at here… oh my is that what I think it is… and you mean to tell me that we are having ….” Was all he said as looked back down at the picture and in total shock.
And the only thing I did was give him a smile and that was all I could do as tears came to both our eyes.