- Text Size +
Chapter 3

I found the courthouse and pulled into the parking lot. Nick and I drove around for a couple of minutes until I came across an empty space.
“ So when do you have to get back to the hotel for you sound check and meet greet.” I asked as parked into the space and sat there for a couple minutes.
“ I don't have to be back there until 4:00 pm... um I was wondering that if you didn't have anything planed would you like to come and see the show?” he asked as he unbuckled his seatbelt.
“ I have a dinner that I have to go to but I think it's over before your show. If I get out early enough I'll come how is that.” I said unbuckling my seatbelt too.
“ Ok that sounds good, I'll leave your name with my bodyguard at the back door.” He said getting out of the car and I too got out of the car.
“ Ok that's sounds great, oh can I have one person come with me too?” I asked as we made our way across the parking lot.
“ Yeah sure that's fine. Oh great what I don't need at the moment fans.” Nick said as we got closer and he saw two fans.
I took his hand and pulled him away from them and headed for the back door of the courthouse.
“ Here we go and they didn't even see us.” I said as we walked into the building.
“ Good morning?” the police officer said as we came up to the x-ray machine.
“ Morning sir.” I said as I laid my purse and keys in the bind and Nick put his wallet and coins plus keys in another bind.
I walked through the metal detector without setting it off, Nick followed me and he too made it through without setting it off too.
“ Um... sir I'm looking for the office or judge that can do divorces.” I asked as I gather up my stuff and Nick got his things too.
“ The judge is on vacation for two weeks, but you can file papers at the office of the civil court and that is on the third floor number 309.” the police officer said as he came up to the barrier that was between us.
“ Ok thank you.” I said before turning around and heading for the elevator, just where Nick was waiting for me.
“ So where do we go?” he said as the elevator doors opened up and we stepped on to the lift.
“ Hit three, and the number is 309 when we get there. It's the civil court because the divorce judge is on vacation for two weeks so one of the judges will be taking care of the divorces.” I said as we stopped at the floor that we need and getting off elevator and then heading down the hall way to where the office that we need.
“ Hello, can I help you?” the lady behind the desk asked as we walked into the room.
“ Um... yes ma'am, we need to file for a divorce, it seems that we don't remember how it happen.” Nick said as he came up to desk and pulled out a chair for me before sitting down in the other chair.
“ Ok then, I'll need you to see both of your Ids and the marriage licenses please.” the lady asked as she opened up her desk drawer and pulled out couple of forms.
I found my ID and Nick found his then I handed her the license.
“ I need you guys to fill these out please and I'll be back I have to make copies of these.” she said as she got up and headed for the small room that had the copy machines.
“ So do you want to fill this stuff out or do you want me too?” Nick asked as he looked down at the paper and made somewhat face.
“ Why don't I fill it out my part and you can fill out your part how does that sound.” I said leaning over some so I could read some of the stuff that was on the paper.
“ Ok that sounds great, I'll let you go first ok.” he said as he handed me the papers first and a pen so that way I could fill out the stuff I needed too.
Ten minutes later I was done and handed Nick the papers over to Nick and he filled them out.
Then the lady came back and she signed the paper in the spots that she needed too and then stapled the other stuff to the papers that we just filled out.
“ Ok this will do it, the judge will go through the papers and sign them, and he will mail you guys the signed copies of the divorce papers within the next couple of weeks.” the lady said as she handed back our Ids and told us before we left the office.
We got back to the car and I took us back to the hotel.
“ Well I hope to see you tonight at the concert then.” Nick said before he got out of the car.
“ Ok I too hope to see you too. Bye Nick.” I said as he opened the door and I heard a couple of girls began screaming when they saw him get out of the car.
He nodded and shut the car door and began signing autographs for a few fans before going inside the hotel and up to his room.
I drove around the town and just looking around at some of the buildings, I went over to Palms and went into one of the casinos and played a couple slots and couple of hands of Black Jack. I won $ 800 dollars too.
It was close to lunch that I thought it would be best idea if I head back to the hotel and hang out with couple of people from the reunion.
“ Where have you been Jen. Oh do you remember Pam.” Melinda said as I came into the hotel lobby.
“ Oh I went for a drive, yeah we were in drama together.” I said as we headed for the ballroom and for the luncheon that was happening .
“ Hey Jen, man you look great. So what are you doing tonight?” she asked as we walked into the room and found our seats.
“ I'm thinking about going to a concert tonight.” I said as we sat down and I looked around the room and seeing two of my other friends Lori and Leia.
“ Oh really the one concert that I want to see is sold out.” Melinda said as our waiter came to our table.
“ The only concert that I know of that is playing here is that Backstreet Boy.... um .... Nick Carter.” Pam said after the waiter left with our drink order.
“ Um.... yeah .... that is the show that I'm going too, and Melinda you can come too.” I said and her mouth just dropped open as in total shock.
“ How ...” was all she said just as Kimberly came in and she started talking about all kinds of stuff on what we are going to be doing tomorrow.
After lunch I went up stairs to the room and laid down for a few while Melina headed out to the pool with Pam and Lori.
It was time for the show and both Melinda and I headed downstairs to where the show was going to be playing out. I came over to the side door that Nick told me to go too.
“ Why are we here Jen?” Melinda asked as we stopped by the door and I knocked.
“ You will just have to wait and see. Hello I'm looking for Ron.” I said to this one guy that was wearing an shirt of hotel staff.
The guy nodded and left us so he could go find Ron, for me.
“ Hello there.” Ron said as he came to the door.
“ Yes I was told to come here by Nick Carter... he said to give you my name.... and hand you my ID.” I said as I pulled out my ID from my small bag.
“ Ok I need your name please.” he said as he took my ID.
“ It's Jennifer.” I said as I watched him look at a sheet of paper that he pulled out of his pants pocket.
“ Oh yes I see your name here, sometimes that boy's hand writing is very hard to read. Please come with me and you can see Mr. Carter before finding your seats.” he said as he opened the door further so that Melinda and I could come into the back area.
We followed him down the long hallway until we came to last room on the right hand side.
“ Yo dude you have a visitor.” Ron said as we came into the room and saw Nick sitting there on the couch playing a guitar.
“ Jen you did come, thanks.” he said getting up putting the guitar down coming over to us and giving me a hug and then shook Melinda's hand.
“ Well you did ask me to come and see you and your show before you left so here I am.” I said as he led us over to the couch and we sat down.
We talked together of about fifteen minutes before Ron came back and led us to where Melinda and I were going to sit and watched the show. And believe it was behind the barricade. And I over heard a few girls wanted to know who we were and how we knew Nick.
After the show Melina headed back to the room while I stayed behind for a couple of minutes and told him that I really loved the show and wished him luck on his tour and kissed him goodbye.
“ I hope to see you again one day. Here is my number if you ever want to give me a call.” Nick said as he handed me a piece of paper that had his number on it.
“ Ok and thanks. I hope to see you again one day, when your in Tampa you can always stop by the radio station. And here is my number too.” I said leaning down and writing down my number for him on a piece of paper and then handed to him.
“ Well bye Jen.” he said as he lean down and gave me a very tender but passionate kiss.
I walked out of the door and made my way upstairs to the room and the bed.
Two days later I was driving to my house and I turned on the radio and heard the song Do I Have To Cry For You. Well you can say that song got to me because I started to cry. Mostly because I was thinking about what happen while I was in Vegas.
After having a small dinner I relaxed in the hot tub before getting ready for bed. Around 9:00 pm I was climbing into bed and falling asleep.