- Text Size +
Chapter 10

Nick was sitting in the booth and having lunch when someone slid into the booth across from him.
“ You look like some died.” BJ said as she looked at her brother.
“ Oh sorry I was just thinking that’s all, so what are you doing aren’t you suppose to be working or something like that.” Nick asked looking up from the plate of food that he was just pushing around instead of eating it.
“ What have I always told you, so what are you thinking about that is making you not wanting to eat your lunch.” BJ asked as she watched Nick push his food around some more before picking up a fry and finally eating.
“ What is wrong with me Beejee.” Nick asked as he finally looked up at his sister.
“ Nothing is wrong with you, so why do you ask that question for.” BJ asked as she wonder why he even asked that question and wonder really what he was talking about.
“ With the look on your face you wonder what I’m talking about, the question is about women, why can’t I have one who loves me for me, and doesn’t take advantage of me.” Nick said as he another fry.
“ I see, well I really hate to tell you this, but did have someone who loved you for you and didn’t take advantage of you, but you let her go and that’s all I’m going to say. I love you bro, but you have to figure out what you want for yourself by yourself because this is something that only you can figure out on your own.” BJ said taking a fry off his plate and ate it.
“ Thanks sis, and man that’s deep even for you, so how did you get so smart, hey that’s my food, and you never answered my question about you working?” Nick said as he gave BJ a thank you smile.
“ You’re welcome, lets just say I had lot’s of practice that’s all, as for me sitting here, it’s my lunch time.” BJ said as Nick’s waitress came over with BJ’s food and sat the plate down in front of her.
“ Oh I see, true you have had plenty of practice on that subject, and I’m glad the you finally figured out what you want in your life, so are you going to see mom this weekend?” Nick asked as he picked up his sandwich and started eating it.
“ No I’m not going to see her this weekend, a couple of my friends and I are heading over to Orlando and go to some of the parks, it’s one girl’s first time here, and she really wants to see some theme parks.” BJ said as she added ketchup to her fries.
“ Oh I see, well then I guess I’ll go and see her and see how she is doing and to make sure that she doesn’t need anything.” Nick said as he took a sip of his tea.
“ I talked to her last night and she seemed fine and said that she was in the middle of booking a couple of bands to play at the restaurant for this weekend.” BJ said as she took a bite of her hamburger.
“ I see well I’m glad to see that her business is doing well, I was very worried when she came to me and told me what she wanted to do, I think I will go and see these bands that will be playing there.” Nick said as he took another bite out of his sandwich.
“ Well I’m going to give you heads up that the music is Bluegrass and folk.” BJ said as the waitress came back to the table and filled up Nick’s tea.
“ Cool I would like to hear that, and yes I like to hear different kinds of music so not look so surprise.” Nick said with a laugh as he watch BJ somewhat choke on her food.
“ Really you do, some of the groups that play are locals that play every weekend, and they are pretty good, then there are some that should not even be singing if you know what I mean.” BJ said as she stopped coughing but she still had a surprise look on her face.
“ Well the main thing is they do what they like to do no matter what they sound like, damn I need to go I’m suppose to meet up with Brent and work on a couple of things before going out tonight.” Nick said as he finished up his lunch and picked up his phone and saw what time it was.
“ Oh I thought you guys didn’t talk to each other, or is that you and Rob.” BJ said as she too finished up her lunch.
“ We talk to each other every so often, and it’s Rob and I that aren’t talking to each other. Call me when you get to Orlando so that way I don’t worry about you ok.” Nick said getting out the money for his lunch and tip.
“ Ok I will, and you take care of yourself ok, and love ya bro.” BJ said getting up and taking the plates and glasses.
“ I will and love ya too sis.” Nick said before giving BJ a hug and heading out the door to his car.
It was after midnight when he walked into his house and after locking up Nick made his way down the hallway to his bedroom. Nick walked into the room and started stripping off his clothes before collapsing into bed and falling into a drunken sleep.
Three house later Nick woke up from his deep sleep and realizing how very lonely he truly was and that there was one person who could help him from his loneliness, now he only hope that it isn’t to late to tell her how much he truly loves her and can’t be without her.
So he got up and headed over the dresser and grabbed his phone and looked up the number and dialed it up.
“ Hello?” the female voice said answer her phone in a very sleepy tone.
“ Hey Jenny I’m sorry to wake you up but I need to talk to you.” Nick said as he went back to his bed.
Two hours later Nick heard an alarm going off in the background coming from Jenny’s room.
They said goodbye and Nick hung up before he slid down under the covers and fell back to sleep and started to dream of the girl he loves.