- Text Size +
Chapter 11

“ So what are you going to do tonight?” Summer asked me as we sat in the booth looking over our menus.
“ I think I’m going to stay in tonight I have some work that I need to do so I’m going to work on it.” I said thing about getting what I always do when I come here to Chili’s.
“ Oh the reason why I asked was I wanted to see a movie and I thought you would go with me, but I too have some things that I need to do around the house and maybe pick up a movie from the store and lay down in bed and watch the movie there, before calling it a night.” Summer said as we heard the hostess gasp when someone came into the restaurant.
I turned around and saw Nick and he saw me and gave me a smile before heading to the other side of the restaurant and sitting down in a booth close to the kitchen in the bar area.
“ Man that’s weird I thought he would come and sit with us, what we aren’t good enough for him.” Summer said as our waitress came over to our table.
“ Hello, I’m Julie and I will be your server today, so what can I get you to drink?” Julie asked us before looking over to the table where Nick was sitting really quick before turning her attention back to us.
“ Hey Julie I would like to have sweet tea please with lemon.” I said as I gave her my drink order, and then I heard my phone vibrate.
“Ok and for you?” Julie said as she turned her attention to Summer,
“ I would like the same thing please.” Summer said as she looked at me and wondering who was texting me.
“ Ok two sweet teas, and I’ll be right back to take your food order.” She said before turning around and leaving our table and heading over to the bar to get the teas.
I looked down at the message and it was from Nick he was saying that sorry he couldn’t join us because he was going to have lunch with his mom and step-father.
I told him that it was fine, and that maybe we could get together over the weekend and have dinner and maybe see a movie or something.
“ You never told me how you are liking your new job?” I said thinking about getting the hamburger.
“ I haven’t sorry, it’s pretty fun, it’s not every day that you get to stick people.” Summer said with a laugh.
“ True, but don’t you work in the lab.” I said as Jane and Greg came walking into the restaurant.
“ Yeah I do but there are times that I have to get blood from the person that is brought in, hey is that Nick’s mom and who is that with her?” Summer said as she saw Jane and Greg head over to the table that Nick was sitting at.
“ Yeah that is Jane and the guy with her is her new husband Greg, he is very nice guy, I met him the other night when I had dinner at Jane’s restaurant.” I said as Jane and Greg sat down and they picked up their menus.
“ Oh yeah I forgot that she now owns a place what north west of Tampa?” Summer said still debating over the chicken sandwich or the cheese burger.
“ Yeah and at the moment I can’t remember what the town is, but the restaurant is part of an old country store and she also has a local bluegrass bands come on certain nights to perform for the people, it’s really cool place.” I said Julie came back with our drinks.
“ Ok here are your teas, are you ready to order or do you need a couple of minutes?” she asked as she notice the confuse look on Summer’s face.
“ Well I’m ready to order but I’m not to sure for her.” I said with a laugh as Summer start doing the Enie, Meanie, Miney, Moe thing between the sandwich or the hamburger.
“ I’m ready now, I will have the cheese burger please medium with fries.” Summer said as gave me this eat shit look.
“ Ok and for you?” Julie said with a laugh too finding it funny that Summer was doing the Enie Meanie, Miney, Moe thing to pick what to eat.
“ For me I would like the hamburger, with everything on it and medium please with onion rings.” I said before handing Julie my menu.
“ Ok on cheese burger, medium with fries and hamburger also medium with onion rings. Any thing else.” Julie asked as she looked down at her pad that she wrote down what we would like to have for lunch.
While we were sitting down and eating our lunch the thunderstorm that we have been expecting today hit us, and it will last way into the next day.
After lunch I went over to my parents’ house and helped them out with some renovation to their house.
“ Thank you so much for your help Jenny, we wouldn’t have gotten most of the room done today, well the stakes are done.” Mom said as dad came into the house with the stakes.
“ You’re welcome.” I said going over to kitchen island and grabbing my plate before going over to the oven and getting my potato and corn on the cob.
“ So what are your plans for later tonight, going out with your friends or something like that.” Dad said as he put the stakes down on the island before grabbing his plate before heading over to the oven and getting his potato and corn on the cob too.
“ No not tonight the only thing I have plan for tonight is some paper work that I have to do, then soak in the tub of hot water with a glass of wine before cuddling under the covers to watch a movie that I got a couple days ago.” I said going over to the table and sat down.
“ That sounds like a very peaceful night, I think I’ll do the tub and movie thing.” Mom said as she too sat down beside and looked over to my dad who was looking for a beer.
“ Yeah something else …. Like eww.” I said as I made a face and shuttered at the thought of them having sex.
“ You know that’s what you need.” Dad said as he came over to the table and sat down on the other side of me.
“ That’s gross dad, and don’t I need to have a boyfriend for that.” I said as I started blushing because here I was telling my parents that I have had sex.
Both my parents just laughed at my total embarrassment, but after a great laugh we settled down to a great lunch and wonderful company and it was soon it was time for me to go home and get some work done before I had to get back to work next week.
I finally got home after hanging out with my parents for four hours I made my way to the kitchen grabbed a beer before heading into my office and stared working on a huge stack of folders that had to be done by the end of the week.
It was after ten when I finally finished the paper work I headed to the bathroom where I filled the tub with hot water and bubbles before getting in and turning on the jets and let them take way the pain in my muscles that I was starting feel after all the hard work that I had done at my parents’ house.
Thirty minutes later I got out of the tub wrapped the towel around me and went into my room where I found my shorts and tank top on the bed. Putting on my Pj’s and climbing into the bed and pulling the covers over me before falling into a deep sleep.
“ What the hell.” I said as I was woken up from my deep sleep and a great dream that I was having and that was about Nick and me.
I laid there listening for any kind of sound that woke me up but all I got was the sound of the rain hitting the windows and the roof just before the sound of thunder rumbled from outside, but as I closed my eyes I heard it again and this time I realized that someone was banging on my front door.
“ Damn it, hold on I’m coming!” I yelled out as I got up and made my way down the hallway just before the rumbled of thunder hit again.
I opened up the front door and there standing on the porch and dripping wet was Nick, before I could say anything Nick came into the house stopped in foray turned around facing me and pulled me into his arms and began kissing me.
“ Well hello.” I said as he let me go and just stood there looking at me.
“ Um… sorry… but I just need to know if there was still sparks.” Nick said as he looked at me.
“ To be honest with you Nick, I have never stopped loving you and I still love you now.” I said wrapping my arms around him and I started kissing him again.
He picked me up and carried me to my bedroom, he then laid me down on my bed before he started taking off his clothes, before taking of my clothes.
“ I love you Jenny, and I never want you to lose you again.” Nick said just before he began making love to me.
“ I love you too, Nick and I never want to lose you again too.” I said as he pulled me into his arms and with both fell asleep holding each other as the storm outside raged around us.