- Text Size +
Chapter 4

“ Hello?” I said as I answered my phone.
“ Hey Jenny what are you doing?” Nick asked as he got up and made his way to the bathroom.
“ I’m about to walk into the grocery store what are you doing?” I asked as I pulled a cart from the rack and headed into the main part of the store.
“ I just got up and now I’m about to hit the shower.” Nick said as he stopped by the sink and looked at himself and ran his hand through his hair.
“ Oh, so where is what’s her name?” I asked going over to the stack of apples.
“ Um… I think she said something about going to the grocery store, so I’m guessing that’s where she is.” He said as he made his way over to the toilet.
“ Oh, I see, hey I have to go I have another call.” I said as my phone beeped to let me know that I had another call.
“ Ok I’ll talk to you later then have a great day.” Nick said before hanging up so that way he could use the rest room, before getting into the shower.
“ Hello?” I said as I answered my other call.
“ Hey sweetie I was wondering if you could pick me up a couple of things while you are at the store.” Mom asked as she looked into the fridge and saw that she had enough milk for one cake that she was making.
“ Sure let me get my list and add your stuff to mine.” I said as I write mom down on the paper.
Mom gave me her a list of things that she need from the store so that way she could finish making cakes for a party and cookout that we were going to in a couple of days.
“ Thanks Jen you are sweetie, I’ll see you in a little while then.” Mom said before we hung up our phones.
“ Your welcome and I’ll see you soon.” I said hanging up my phone and when over to the oranges.
I looked around the fruits and veggies before heading down the first isle and picked up the stuff that I need that was on that isle.
I was about to go down one isle that was near the back of the area that had the milk and cheese on. And that’s when I heard the voice of the one person that I couldn’t stand and I wanted to beat the shit out of for the things she is doing to Nick.
“ So sweetie what’s your name?” the dark hair guy asked Autumn.
“ Hey, my name is Autumn what’s yours?” she asked as she move closer to the guy.
“ My name is Chris, Autumn is a beautiful name and I like it.” Chris said as he moved closer too and began moving his hand up her arm.
“ Thanks, so how old are you and are you seeing anyone?” Autumn asked as she gave him a very sweet smile.
“ I’m 28 and no I’m not seeing one but I would like to get to know you a little better though, so what about you are you seeing anyone and I know it’s not right to ask a lady her age.” Chris said with a small laugh.
I moved just a little closer so that way I could hear what she had to say to that question, and I was also thinking should I come up to them and interrupt, but I thought better of it because I don’t want to make a scene in the store.
“ It’s ok I don’t mine letting you know my age, I’m 24 and I’m very much single, and just like you I would like to get to know you a little better also.” Autumn said as she turned to Chris and he pulled her to him and they began kissing.
“ Oh man that little Bitch is going to get one of these days, I just wish he would open his eyes to see what she is doing to him.” I said to myself as I picked up the butter that I needed and turning my cart around so that way I could head down another isle so that way I don’t have to get near her.
After getting the stuff on the list I left the store and headed over to my house really quick and put the stuff up before heading over to my parents house and gave my mom the stuff that she needed.
“ Mom what would you do, if you knew that one of your friend’s husband’s or wives was cheating on them?” I asked as I sat at the counter and watched her put the batter into the pan.
“ Oh boy, let me guess you have a friend who’s boyfriend or girlfriend is cheating on them?” mom asked as she looked up at me and saw tears well up in my eyes.
“ Um… yes, and the only thing is he is so blind to see what is going on in front of him, and I really hate to see him hurt you know.” I said as I wiped away the tear that rolled down my cheek.
“ I see, well the only thing you can do is really let him figure out what’s going on with his girlfriend on his own, because if you say something he might think that you are jealous and want to come between him and his girlfriend.” Mom said as she put the pan into the oven.
“ I know and I understand what you are saying but what if he asked you what do you think what’s going with his girlfriend, because he has a feelings that something isn’t right?” I said hoping that Nick would ask me something about Autumn’s strange behavior.
“ Oh I see, I would tell him that you really don’t want to say anything because you don’t want to lose him as a friend.” Mom said as we heard the garage door opening and voices of my sister and dad.
“ Ok I see, well I better get going I have a few more things to do, thanks mom love you.” I said getting up and giving her a hug before going over to the couple that just came into the room and giving the hugs too.
I said goodbye to my family and headed back home, and on the way there I was trying to think if I should tell Nick what I heard at the store or let him figure out that Autumn is cheating on him on his own.
I got home and began cleaning my house before I was to met up with couple of my friends at the restaurant before going to the movies.